Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Command&Conquer 3 Coming? [16206]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Command&Conquer 3 Coming? [16206] Reply with quote

PlanetCNC has posted up a picture taken from a monitor at an unknown location that appears to be a teaser image from yet unannounced Command & Conquer 3 (Tiberian Twilight). Thanks

Shacknews &

BloodUK.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Viper357
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t! this is so exciting. Very Happy
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea definately is, i hope they announce it soon!!!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha another c&c, what about generals? or zerohour? they haven't even put out a patch for that to fix the incredibly laggy AI. no way in hell i'm gonna get this game. it'll just be another unsupported c&c. so many good rts, just don't need anymore c&c. thanks ea, but no thanks. i'm pretty sure the mass of people who complained on their forums and fan sites for another c&c patch will laugh when they see this, cuz i am. what a joke!
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought generals and zero hour were both good games, and i dont think there are alot of good RTS games that are out at the moment, the last good one was Warcraft 3, but that was ages ago when that was released!!!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never said that they weren't good games, but what good is a game that has significant bugs, being ignored by EA? go to their community forumes and take a look. last people heard in the community was that EA abandoned C&C Generals. not a lot of good RTS out there? Hmm, Desert Rats, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, Blitzkrieg 2 and Ground Control 2 to name a few.. as i said, after EA's dismal support of C&C Generals, i doubt there's really a lot of interest in anything RTS wise from EA. people don't want to fork out $50 for a game where they patch anything and everything not related to what the community is insisting on. generals has the worst performance of any RTS out there. you go 2 or 3 hard or brutal ai, on a 3GHz machine and it brings it to its knees. i think generals is a great game and i still play it, but it would be nice to have a huge game against the ai where we are not into picture frames while playing.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Desert Rats, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, Blitzkrieg 2 and Ground Control 2

Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations, and Ground Control 2 are good games, but AOM and RON were released ages ago, and i completed ages ago aswell!!

Ground Control 2, is definately a game im buying though, ive played the demo loads and i LOVE IT!!! Smile
BLOODUK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the mention Wink
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were released a year or less ago. they are are still very popular games, do you not check top selling lists? still popular and still growing communities. and just because you play single player and it's over the game itself goes on in multiplayer. i finished RON all conquer campaigns twice now and it's still fun as i am trying to finish all races in Thrones and Patriots. you finished all races? i doubt that. i still play RON T&P daily and i'm still not even close to bored. C&C we still play but the limit on computer opponents sucks because as soon as you go over 3, or choose a different map you immediately lag. ea knows of the problem and has yet to fix it. warcraft on the other hand is complete crapola but to some i guess it has attractiveness. to me it's just super boring.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see the point in playing all the races in RON because it exactly the same game, except for small differences because of a differene set of bonuses and different start locations, thats all! The actual storyline was crap to be honest in RON.

the storylines in the CnC games are excellent, except Generals of which i thought the storyline was not outlined enough through FMVs or some such medium like the previous CnC games.

Warcraft 3 was an excellent game, but i thought it was a little too short!

I cant wait to get my hands on Ground Control 2, that game is excellent!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i dont see the point in playing all the races in RON because it exactly the same game, except for small differences because of a differene set of bonuses and different start locations, thats all! The actual storyline was crap to be honest in RON.

then you don't play much RTS games. different races have different strategies. try playing a mulitplayer match with 6 people, you'll see what the difference is. to be honest, doesn't seem like you played RON much beyond one go at Conquer the Wold. too bad since you past up on a good game. Thrones and Patriots added even more to the game with more buildings and more uniqueness to the races. in terms of playing the computer, i sincerely doubt you played past 'easy' level. try playing moderate and comeback and tell me there is no further strategy with the different races. oh and RON didn't have a story line, not as far as i know. just campaigns. that was intended.

Generals is a great game, just there is no support at all for it. they completely abandoned the community, i know i been there since the start and own all C&C games.

Warcraft 3, overhyped all over the place to me was just boring. it seems to be more a game that is taking off online rather than sp. i liked the early ones but when i got wc3 it ended up sitting on my desk gathering dust. i have yet to find anyone interested in playing it.

Ground Control looks fantastic, but i'm not holding my breath. the first one was 'ok', can't say it had near the attraction for me as C&C and RON. have to see i guess.

and one other thing, how can u say GC 2 is excellent, it's not even out yet and nor have u even played it. pretty presumptuous.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only play games for single player, as i dont really get chance to play mutliplayer that much! so the differences between races in RON never become to obvious even on Hard (which is have completed btw) Thrones and Patriots did not add hardly anything to the original game in my opinion, jst new races and a few tweaks nothing major. THe game was alright for SP, but as i stated previously, lacked a storyline. This, you say, was intended, but even if it was it doesnt make it a good SP RTS in my opinion.

i have had no problems playing generals, even with loads of AI opponents on brutal, never slows down at all and im not using the most powerful comptuer in the world at all! Smile Generals needed a better mroe outlined storyline with FMV, or some sort of movie sequence to join the missions together like previous CnC games.

I played Warcraft2 and Warcraft 3 and loved them both. The single player was excellent in both, and the little mutliplayer that I have played for Warcraft 3 was excellent aswell. This is one of the best RTS games, in the last year in my opinion!

Ground Control 2 does look excellent, and I think it will kill RON easily, and maybe even kill CnC aswell!

I have not played the full version of Ground Control 2 yet, as i will get it on Friday (as long as everything goes to plan!), I am basing my opinion on the demo which was excellent and normally the demo is not as good as the full game! Hence that is teh reason why i think this game will definately kick RONs arse, and will likely be one of the best RTS games this year!
BLOODUK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Command and Conquer DEN is reporting that Adam Isgreen from EA has confirmed this screenshot, revealed two days ago, is from Command & Conquer III. "What you saw was a concept / inspirational piece of art that we did over a year ago that displays on our internal EA monitors here at EALA
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats excellent news, thats for posting that blookuk!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: