Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Onboard V/S External

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Onboard V/S External Reply with quote

Guys just for all of your suggestions, what would be a better option.
An onboard graphics card or any external Graphics card.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately not onboard graphics for games, onboard graphics are just for typical applications, you will need a AGP graphics card. if you are not familiar with graphics cards i would recommend an Nvidia card, as they require the least amount of fiddling with to get going Smile

and btw you dont get external graphics cards! Smile
maga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madda wrote:
if you are not familiar with graphics cards i would recommend an Nvidia card, as they require the least amount of fiddling with to get going Smile

yeah, buy nvidia, designed for monkeys , by monkeys !

outlaw, can you tell where's the power button on your PC ? if no, then i apologize for the above comentary... Confused
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Madda, Just wanted to differentiate between an AGP and Onboard so referred AGP as external.

Also according to you guys, what would you suggest as amount of RAM on the AGP ideal for most of the games. Also which Processor would you suggest.

And Maga I certainly do know where the Power button is..... Wink
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outlaw wrote:
Thank you Madda, Just wanted to differentiate between an AGP and Onboard so referred AGP as external.

Also according to you guys, what would you suggest as amount of RAM on the AGP ideal for most of the games. Also which Processor would you suggest.

And Maga I certainly do know where the Power button is..... Wink

i would recommend getting 128MB of graphics ram, so that u do not need to upgrade in the near future. but u can always go for more, the min is prolly 64MB, which will still run most new games for a while
Vorkronor
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a HTPC recently. It is aimed to provide me with TV watching capability and an occasional Diablo II session Smile plus some OpenOffice.org ... so far the nForce 2 integrated graphics was okay. But for anything beyond office work & TV watching i would recomend any additional graphics board.

I would recommend 128 - 256 MB RAM for the graphics card and at least 512 MB RAM for the system.

You should also match the CPU with the GPU. A Sempron 2300+ will be unable to feed anything more powerfull than a Radeon 9600XT with enough data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: