Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Call of Duty 2 server boycott? [20288]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRONMAN
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
I don't know what cheats people are talking about cuz I always manage 4-1 ratio's. I think people just can't play a real shooter.

I've heard that before, many times. It's always empty. Not the 4-1 part, because that's a bit exaggerated. I often rank No. 1, seldom less than No. 5 or 6 in a busy server in CoDUO when I play the map tourney from the start, but 4-1 is part reality, part fantasy. A consistent 4-1 would give you a score 2-3 times higher than most highly skilled players ...and that just does not happen without illegal assists. It just doesn't.

Now unless you are camping with a sniper rifle and never go afoot into the combat, and therefore end up making fewer kills than most of the players on the server, 4-1 isn't going to happen consistently for anyone. It might for 15 minutes under the right circumstances, but it won't for the map tourney, that much is certain. otherwise you'd have a score of 200 where most skilled players have scores of 70. We've all seen that too. But then, we also know how that's possible too. Rolling Eyes

Nonetheless, when someone says "I don't know what cheaters you're talking about." I can only assume one of two possibilities for such a comment:

1. They are a cheater.
2. They are not experienced enough or bright enough to tell that the guy that keeps headshooting them from 40 meters with the first 3 bullets from his SMG, without fail, is using something other than skill.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat I dont get is that y the hell does the developer allow cheat codes in the first place. And if ppl are so mad at them in the very first month of the games release you wudnt expect the game to do very well.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outlaw wrote:
Wat I dont get is that y the hell does the developer allow cheat codes in the first place. And if ppl are so mad at them in the very first month of the games release you wudnt expect the game to do very well.

A bit of a simplistic outlook you took there, but no, the problem is that they never included PunkBuster or stuff that can prevent hooks and the usual exploitive aimbot super human rubbish that is associated with FPS games.
It has very little to do with the 'cheat codes' that the developers have left in the game Smile
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am a very simple man, hehe Very Happy

Well I wanted to say the same thing as you did, my point was the develpoer should avoid code to be exploited that easily. And that once again comes down to AC.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

assembly programming language all the way Laughing
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited since there is lamebots..

Last edited by xxxx on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited since there is lamebots.

Last edited by xxxx on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should any CoD2 player provide proof to one individual when you have entire clans of 60+ members agreeing with the situation?
Instead of being outspoken here, you should really post your request and concerns on the IW forum; you're more likely going to get the kind of proof you're asking for.
No.21
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...u pretty much have the answer there urself XXXX. Why dont "you" Google? Its more like you have to prove that there are no/little cheaters. Where is your figuers? Check out CoD/UO.
No, please try to prove that there are almost none cheaters. Otherwise, brighten up and realise.

LOL, ofcourse they are "rampant" nothing to control with in global/bigger scale/broad. Only by spectating or checking those stupid msgs. And locally ban em.

Its about CoD2, not Valve and their game series. VAC2 is created and maintained by Valve for Valve.

Check out www.punksbusted.com and Master Ban List.
nightporter
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My multi player has NEVER worked in C.O.D 2. Wheres the patch.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit. since there is lamebots.

Last edited by xxxx on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it back there is a cheat. Whoppe, wont stop me from playing. Obviously the cheat is so little in circulation(get this, a european is selling it for 25 pounds). Guess I'm just used to playing with cheaters. I played in HL long enough to know you can't defeat em just got to live with em. Live with it. COD 2 is such a good game I just didn't care. I have 8 sites now with links to the aimbot and 2 that are selling it. My conversation with one of the programmers.

Me: Dude, there's people crying that there is an aimbot in COD2 and _ isn't telling me there is one, as a matter of fact the pussy is ignoring me. Come on man, let me know. I play this game now, not that POS HL2. Is there or isn't there a cheat for COD2. I just posted on ggmania there isn't.

Friend: You're wasting your time dude on COD2, PB is laughable, if and when they get PB we'll insert code to bypass PB just like we did in COD 1 and whatever joke of AC they put in. We have lots of demand for these things and it's our job to make sure our clients get what they want. But we don't charge anyone. Go here _ and here _ for it if u don't wanna f_ck your machine.

Friend: Are you gonna run to Infinity with this?

Me: Does it really matter? I gave up posting about ur cheats man. Lame you have to do these things man but I guess I have to understand your angle. It's a business, lol.

Me: When I realized it was pointless and lots of effort to inform Valve, those stupid a__holes banned me I don't bother informing anyone anymore. Christ I even sent em various videos. At least they didn't hate me enough to ban my steamid from playing. Guess they weren't brilliant enough to know it was me in the video using the aimbot. Gabe always was such a idiot.

Me: I saw the HL2 bot is up to 9500 and counting downloads! How F'ing sad is that eh..? lmao.

Me: You there?

Me: Yo! You there..Smile :p :S

Me: Ok man, gtg thanks for the info. Have to say I'm only a wee bit surprised! Usually I'm the one to call someone out as a cheat. Tell _ not to ignore me and be such a baby. If he doesn't want to talk to me, then I'll just delete him. Hasn't talked to me in months!

Friend: Sorry dude, busy, back now though.

Friend: Ya he got a divorce etc so he's kinda in a pissy mood, don't think it's you.

Me: K well, like 10mins ago, I gtg, talk to you later tonite man maybe we can try cheat out tonite on my server. I just want to see how it works and lock server. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my COD2.

Friend: see ya tonite mate!

Me: Yup, I hope so! Hey is it as good as the HL2 one?

Friend: about the same, ya

Me: lates!!

(sorry took a long time to reformat) But oh well, so there is cheats for COD 2. I haven't noticed or cared. Certainly hasn't affect my playing. And yep, I got the cheat and I'm gonna test it tonite and see how good it is. Probably sucks.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelation revelation Moses Moses!
No.21
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by testing it, what do you prove? And you wrote that you are already good, so, why do you bother?
You got number on how many that does use cheats?

You "dont" care or affected you? Shiiitt, you do realise that others are/will. Because there are cheats and pathetic ppl use em, it create,s less satisfaction, which mean,s less players and their gaming time reduced(willingness). And their eyes and mind open for other games that can fulfill their wants. You dig?

Crying? Atleast they have realised/know what an AC can bring. Less cheaters and less admin work. Making it easier.
And about their so called clients: They are a bunch of pathetic fools.

"PB just like we did in COD 1 and whatever joke of AC they put in. We have lots of demand for these things and it's our job to make sure our clients get what they want. But we don't charge anyone."
Yes there are cheat tool makers that charge people. If they want an none public released cheat tool. Explains much why there are bans made by PB for the public released ones.
Not an joke.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you understand. I know the guys who write the cheats. The idiots selling the cheats stole the cheat off their site and for the LAZY that don't go find it for themselves they go buy it. Private written cheats.. LOL!! Whatever. If that's what people think by paying for cheats they are getting something others aren't.. Well that's their problem. A laughable one at that.

I go and test the cheats privately on my own server so I can be accustomed to how it works, find the subtlties. So I turn it on, my friend turns it on and we note the movement characteristics, or gun movements such that we are familiar with it when we are playing in game. Just like I know how or who has an aimbot in HL2. You don't get to be the best acting like a Church ass kisser saying I wont touch it, cuz YOU lose. ALL the best players check out the cheats because by knowing how they work is the only way you can advance ahead of them.

But when a cheat gets too rampant and the developer like VALVE doesn't give a rats ass and is too much of a bunch of Aholes to inform their community there "is" cheats still floating around such as the Aimbot and Wallhack. I just don't bother with the game. In COD2 the cheat is not RAMPANT or I certainly haven't been owned yet to even think there was. That's why I didn't think there was an aimbot. Firstly, I usually informed with screenshots from my friends or, I receive it in my email or I really start noticing people are acting weird in game. But in COD2, I haven't noticed that which is odd. But makes sense. The aimbot and wallhack has only been available for just over a week and it's not overly available because it's only a 'work in progress' version.

Anyhow, I don't need to lecture you on what I do on my own server or how I know or get info on the cheats. There is an aimbot for COD2 and I play lots of places and I'm in 2 COD 2 clans. We have not seen the cheat or suspected anyone of using them. Your whining and your petition is going nowhere. Infinity Ward is working with PB to get it implemented and it's just 15 year olds that are impatient are having little sucky fits because they are getting owned and now have a vehicle to blame their lack of skills on.

And just to update you. The writers of the aimbot are waiting for PB to come out for COD2 so they can bypass it just as they've already done in COD 1. Course I'm sure you knew there was an active aimbot+ wallhack in COD1 right. Still in use and not detected. Of course, you guys knew that. But what do you care of COD 1 right.. F that, lets concern ourselves with what YOU are playing now..

Face it. Cheats will always be around and any developer claiming to have blocked em, is just lying. You can believe your anti-cheat is working but you're a fool. There are active hackers out there just like my friends who spend their time bypassing each and every obstacle. So you might as well just give up pc gaming and get a console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: