Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Call of Duty 2 MP/Punkbuster plans [20476]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Call of Duty 2 MP/Punkbuster plans [20476] Reply with quote

Activision and Infinity Ward sent us a press release announcing plans to release new multiplayer maps as part of a
Call of Duty 2 PC update that will also include PunkBuster anti-cheat software and additional support enhancements. The download is currently scheduled for release in early 2006 and will be availa

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha, ya finally. It's getting bad on our clan server. Lots of bans going on cuz these idiots cheating don't realize that handy spectator view can show that you are following people through buildings. But even still, protest or not, I've been playing COD2 nightly ever since it was released. PB will only make it better and the game is at the top in sales as it is. So many nay-sayers for COD2, but take a look at the best selling games you biatches.. COD2 rocks.
Jelster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't this press release dated 2003 and related to the first CoD? Wink

Still its good news. PB integration will see off a lot of the cheating but I'm a bit pissed that they yet again gave it the "we're thinking about the best solution" whats that PB or a big cup of F.O.?

Additional content is always welcome but hasn't been that great in the past. IW really should get the dev kit out there now so the mappers and mod makers can start making the stuff the community wants. Meanwhile IW should release PB and patch in fixes and updates that the modders can't get to.

Whats the IP of your server xxxx? Might be worth a visit over xmas.
jippo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PB won't stop everyone but it will get rid of the majority of the idiots who cheat in multiplayer .
its welcomed news i guess
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, wish I could give it to you but at present we've taken down the server. Some are paranoid with the exploits in COD 2 that someone might attack the server. So it's taken down. In the meantime we are shopping for another server and we are gonna make our current one private. I'll post it later if ggmania community peoples are interested.
Jelster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make much sense. Liar

I somehow think that any exploit which would allow full server control would be BIG news. Worse you're looking at is a crash of the game.

Why take down your server and then look for another? You'll still run CoD2 on it.

Either you need to get yourself a server admin who knows what the hell he's talking about or stop BSing that you have a server at all.

Still when you do get one, let us know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: