Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. finished [20599]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seth0815

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to panic ... sorry hx but the info is wrong. See here:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/679/679691p1.html
cheers seth
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What info do you refer to as wrong? I noticed nothing wrong at all. HX quoted oblivion-lost.com and up until now nobody claimed the news about stalker reaching beta status aren't correct.
Jelster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chode wrote:
Jelster: The leaked beta was HIGHLY polished. A couple of crashes here and there, but overall a nice product that needs only a minimal of work to make it markettable.

That cool then, I do hope the year plus of polish is on the level of Valves attention to detail then and we'll all be stunned when its released. Just seem very rare these days that delays = better quality rather than fighting a losing bug battle.
Jelster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates wrote:
Seperate development and "polishing" teams is an idea that sounds great but doesn't work in real life. Think about it -- you put heaps of effort and hours into developing a game that you know best, then some idiot from the publishing changes your idea and adds less-than-optimal code. You will be REALLY upset, and as such, this doesn't work in the real world.

I agree with you but then again some developers don't know how to polish a game either and thats worse. I lose count of the number of games which just don't hit that mark and feel of quality and it really detracts from the end product.

To put my red cap and tash on again. Smile Nintendo games on the whole seem to have a solid consistant feel to them despite being headed by different teams. I'm sure this is because there are dedicated producers there who know how to polish up and tweak a game to be that bit more.

I guess what I'd like to see is Uber QA and Playtesting before a game is release but hey, we're not even at the point where a patch isn't required 5 minutes after release. :/
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chode, I guess you're right in that respect, but I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed when messing with it myself.. then again beta's usually do that to me anyways, same with demo's Laughing
Chode
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmer wrote:
So Chode, based on your experience with that "feature rich leak", is the game worth the hype/wait?

I am a biased fan-boy (I know the truth Laughing ), but I say yes. It met my expectations, and blew me away.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why hasn't anyone mentioned anything about THQ's in-game ad engine? think they'll put that bullshit in stalker? if so i'm not buying it, or otherwise. THQ can suck a fat one.
v1m

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a larf if THQ decided to McDonalds-up the game with corporate ads. By now, they've sunk so much into Stalker that the suits are probably dying to do so. If only they can figure out how to get a post-nuclear McDonalds in, they probably will.
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates wrote:
> If only they can figure out how to get a post-nuclear McDonalds in, they probably will.

Shouldn't be hard. The last Big Mac i ate looked like it came from Chernobyl... Laughing

hehe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: