Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sunday Tech Madness-Total Commander v6.54 [20843]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jelster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. Waste of time. But well put together. Smile
tempnexus
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN, YOU FCKERS REALLY LIKE TO GET OFF SUBJECTS AND GET PISSY!

I feel like I joined a forum full of PMSing 12 year old girls who are also going through an episode of hotflashes (aka menopause).
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmer wrote:
Total Commander is so much more than it says in the description. The world would be a better place if everyone used it (_o_).

Go on, give it a tray if u still haven't.

better yet, give it a 'sys' tray Laughing

my fave file manager too.
Jelster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was planning on asking where you sourced the photo and why you was so sure it was the same region.

Sadly the same news post had an security announcement for FF and xxxx went into rant mode. I know we should just ignore him but on slow days its something to do.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.clickz.com/stats/sectors/traffic_patterns/article.php/3500691

Take a look at that link. Internet Explorer is the best browser. I use Firefox because it supports something that MS IE doesn't. Woo. Got me there? Not.

Firefox has improved since I said that, oh well, shoot me. I tried it again now based on the fact it supports xHTML. In doing so, I find it's gotten a lot better and PHP especially works a lot better. A lot of CSS issues are fixed too.

Lucas, I didn't think I'd have to defend myself on something posted back in May of last year! At that time there was a lot of problems with Firefox(some more hush hush than others), PHP, CSS and security bugs. Being that I work professionaly in internet security using Web browser technology I know what I am talking about, being that my work is solely in IE not Firefox I am pretty experienced with IE both at home and at work.

At work I get spyware/adware and trojans through Firefox. Only when I started using Firefox this has happened. Pretty ironic to me. So yeah, my opinion back then I stand by. Now, Firefox has vastly improved in 1.0.5 and it supports a function call or two in XHTML that I need for my personal hobby is the ONLY reason I am using it. As for the firewall blah I said it didn't matter what browser you use and I gave advice on what software to use which I still stand by.

I use Microsoft Firewall, always have and still swear by it. It's also enabled and installed with SP2. It does the job. My system(s) hasn't been compromised ever with Windows Firewall. Nor has it it with AVG. There is no proof to say that MS Firewall or AVG are responsible. AVG is the one that has detected the trojans anyhow.

So nothing you posted in your reply is meaningful or worthwhile at all.

You were defending Firefox at a time it was being exploited, had lots of problems and I told you as such. I don't think you know what happened to Firefox since then since you haven't used it recently, but it wasn't looking good for Firefox. Support was a question mark. It was only for some remarkable people that picked it back up and fixed a ton of bugs. 1.0.5 is a big release for Firefox, it brings it a little closer in competiting with IE.

I really hardly even know what you are complaining about since the start Lucas. I still think IE is superior to Firefox in all ways.

I don't know why I said I don't use a firewall, lol, I think that was directed at something else from another thread. God knows, it was back in May of last year..In between your immature PM's and your dumb posts I lose track. It was likely in regards to you supporting ZoneAlarm and putting Windows Firewall down in another thread posted in around the same time.

Pwned? I don't think so. Anyhow, I'm done and I stand by whatever I've said in the past until proven otherwise. Thanks.
lucas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
http://www.clickz.com/stats/sectors/traffic_patterns/article.php/3500691

Take a look at that link. Internet Explorer is the best browser.

no, that shows its the most common browser; likely because its preinstalled on the most common OS and most people dont know anything else exists. most people in this world are below the poverty line but that doesnt make being below the poverty line "best".

xxxx wrote:
Firefox has improved since I said that, oh well, shoot me. I tried it again now based on the fact it supports xHTML. In doing so, I find it's gotten a lot better and PHP especially works a lot better. A lot of CSS issues are fixed too.

ah, hillarity. do you even know the first thing about php? like the fact its a server side scripting langauge for creating dynamic pages? browsers dont "support" php, they support html. the server intrepts the php and serves them up a unique page IN HTML. i also like the way you claim IE the best browser then mention ff has fixed css issues. while true, they have fixed css issues, how can the "best" browser not even support css2?

xxxx wrote:
Lucas, I didn't think I'd have to defend myself on something posted back in May of last year!

i claimed you said it, you called me a liar, i proved you have no memory.

xxxx wrote:
At that time there was a lot of problems with Firefox(some more hush hush than others), PHP, CSS and security bugs. Being that I work professionaly in internet security using Web browser technology I know what I am talking about, being that my work is solely in IE not Firefox I am pretty experienced with IE both at home and at work.

i feel sorry for your company. someone who thinks of IE as secure involved in internet security, i cant think of anything dumber.

xxxx wrote:
At work I get spyware/adware and trojans through Firefox. Only when I started using Firefox this has happened. Pretty ironic to me.

see the problem with that line of reasoning is youve already proven you dont use firefox much, and havent done so for long. so how come you're the only one getting spyware from it? surely someone using it all the time would have come across this and made a post somewhere on the web, but no. though you do have that superiourity complex of yours, so you probably think you're the only one that goes to shady sites.

xxxx wrote:
I use Microsoft Firewall, always have and still swear by it.

again, we've already shown this isnt true so why do you keep repeating it?

xxxx wrote:
It's also enabled and installed with SP2. It does the job. My system(s) hasn't been compromised ever with Windows Firewall. Nor has it it with AVG. There is no proof to say that MS Firewall or AVG are responsible. AVG is the one that has detected the trojans anyhow.

this i cant agree with. ms firewall and avg are fine tools. better exist but those two do the job fine.

xxxx wrote:
So nothing you posted in your reply is meaningful or worthwhile at all.

see, this is a game i play... help with memory you see. i get into flamewars with you, remember what you say and they watch you change you opinion and deny ever having the old one. Oceania was never at war with Eurasia.

xxxx wrote:
You were defending Firefox at a time it was being exploited, had lots of problems and I told you as such. I don't think you know what happened to Firefox since then since you haven't used it recently, but it wasn't looking good for Firefox. Support was a question mark. It was only for some remarkable people that picked it back up and fixed a ton of bugs. 1.0.5 is a big release for Firefox, it brings it a little closer in competiting with IE.

FYI i used firefox up until 1.5 RC1, its not like i havent used it in years. im not gonna bother with the rest of this bit, all done before and you didnt get it then either

xxxx wrote:
I really hardly even know what you are complaining about since the start Lucas. I still think IE is superior to Firefox in all ways.

xxxx wrote:
like i said, it's just the adware and spyware that firefox loses on

cant seem to make up you mind, can you?

xxxx wrote:
I don't know why I said I don't use a firewall, lol, I think that was directed at something else from another thread. God knows, it was back in May of last year..In between your immature PM's and your dumb posts I lose track. It was likely in regards to you supporting ZoneAlarm and putting Windows Firewall down in another thread posted in around the same time.

seeing as ive never pm'd you, and never used ZoneAlarm, i call bs. that must have the tenth time this post. you really are full of it

xxxx wrote:
Pwned? I don't think so. Anyhow, I'm done and I stand by whatever I've said in the past until proven otherwise. Thanks.

once proven otherwise you deny the inital quote. though its always fun arguing with you.

pwned
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave it at this. I got no more to say to you you are obviously just a stupid person who has zero tech knowledge and don't even try to act like you know what goes on in the Tech Industry. IE is the most supported browser out there. People don't design million/billion dollar systems for Firefox you idiot. Or show me one that "requires" Firefox. AVG and MS Firewall are free and they are top rated applications and I recommend anyone that doesn't have enough money, doesn't want bloatware like Norton and Mcaffee, go with this.

Lucas, post all you want cuz I don't have time for this beyond stupid conversation. Another one where you just don't get it.

It's sad to see that there are people like you that just don't get it. I guess it comes with experience something you obviously lack.

I've never changed my opinion I still stand by everything I have ever said and you haven't proved me wrong anywhere. But nice try.

I wasted more than enough time with you, both in being harassed by your immaturity in PM's and your stupid in posting here. Go troll another forum kid. You bore me.
tempnexus
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow two of you remind me of a couple of friends in love that are in Denial!
You two should fvck and get it over with. Smile
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood wrote:
better yet, give it a 'sys' tray Laughing

my fave file manager too.

lal, thet's na bovious taypo. I wase jsut toe lazye to edit.
Jelster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
IE is the most supported browser out there. People don't design million/billion dollar systems for Firefox you idiot. Or show me one that "requires" Firefox.

LOL, the only reason people would use the non standard features of IE over another browser is because its included with every version of windows. Up until recently IE was the only browser available. Besides these applications you are talking about are few and far between and nothing to do with the primary use of IE, FF etc, that of web browsing.

Quote:

It's sad to see that there are people like you that just don't get it. I guess it comes with experience something you obviously lack.

LOL the hipocrasy of that statement.

Quote:

I've never changed my opinion I still stand by everything I have ever said and you haven't proved me wrong anywhere. But nice try.

You were proved to say things you've later denied as saying. The fact your opinion isn't worth a w*nk is pretty much established.

To the reason I reply. This Slashdot post (Slashdot) here's a blurb.

Slashdot Article wrote:
An anonymous reader writes "Washingtonpost.com's Security Fix blog has published the results of a look back at three years worth of critical patches from Mozilla, and found that Mozilla typically ships updates for critical flaws in about three weeks, though in more than a third of the cases it pushed out a fix in ten days or less. The data comes just a few weeks after The Post published data from a similar study that found Microsoft averaged 130+ days to fix critical flaws. Slashdot also covered that study in a previous post."

I look forward to you denying you said IE was the most secure browser and MS were a huge company capable of supporting their product unlike the FF devs.
Jelster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tempnexus wrote:

Syberia Russia.
Do I get a cookie?

You get a BS cookie with extra peanuts and a strong recommendation to study maps before thinking Siberia is in the Nevada desert. Jeez, with 1 BS post and 2 cheap shots you're nearly as bad as xxxx. Rolling Eyes

Area 51
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Maxthong browser, for maximum thong, combined with Total Commandar and I will take over the world!
Firefox is cruely to animals, to shame with that name, I will have no burning foxes on my desktop thanks.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelster wrote:
tempnexus wrote:

Syberia Russia.
Do I get a cookie?

You get a BS cookie with extra peanuts and a strong recommendation to study maps before thinking Siberia is in the Nevada desert. Jeez, with 1 BS post and 2 cheap shots you're nearly as bad as xxxx. Rolling Eyes

Area 51

That was mean. haha
tempnexus
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ou get a BS cookie with extra peanuts and a strong recommendation to study maps before thinking Siberia is in the Nevada desert. Jeez, with 1 BS post and 2 cheap shots you're nearly as bad as xxxx. Rolling Eyes

GOOD JOB!!!!

TOOK YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH!!! Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: