Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Halo 2 Coming to PC, but Only Windows Vista..wtf? [20880]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Halo 2 Coming to PC, but Only Windows Vista..wtf? [20880] Reply with quote

Microsoft sent out a press release announcing that a dedicated Microsoft Games Studio team is working on a PC port of Halo 2, to be released for the Windows Vista platform:

Only for Windows Vista, uot;Halo 2uot; will offer gamers both the single-player campaign and multiplayer experience of the original, as

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
JDR13
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of F&*%ING garbage! We're supposed to believe that a game
from the original Xbox needs Windows Vista?!? Is it going to require Direct X 10?

F*&$ you Microsoft. This game should have been released at least 6 months ago for WinXP.
Gun-Nut
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDR13 wrote:
What a load of F&*%ING garbage! We're supposed to believe that a game
from the original Xbox needs Windows Vista?!? Is it going to require Direct X 10?

F*&$ you Microsoft. This game should have been released at least 6 months ago for WinXP.

I would agree Razz They are using Halo 2 as a selling point to buy Vista ... why on earth would you do this ... I hope someone makes it work with XP just to annoy Microsoft
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Vista has an updated 3D engine. DirectX 10. It scales depending on your hardware.

Halo 2 requires DX 10(no idea DX10 is coming for XP either). Oh well, wont push me to get Vista. I'm happy with XP Pro.. Part of the reason I couldn't be in the internal beta's for Vista.. 32bit cpu here, they weren't interested in. LOL!
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about Halo2???? We've all got the chance to play it on XBox..no big deal and their loss.

Any company that doesn't support XP is under the thumb big time LOL Bungie Studios is MS bitch, what do you expect?

FS we haven't even touched SM3.0 properly and MS have binned support for XP (phone) from Jan next year....
tempnexus
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF HALO 2 is being lunched on VISTA to show that VISTA is the pinnacle of gmaeing entertainment (among other things) then THEY CAN KEEP IT!
I mean fvck, HALO 2 is a 5 year old graphics technology! It's like saying that that I need a Pentium 3 to run snood!
mrcool132

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually very strongly considering upgrading to Vista when it becomes available. But when M$ tries to push us into it like this i am having strong reservations. All the reasons they gave as to why is it on Vista only were all aesthetic, no clear reasonable factual response.

It's this kinda of crap that makes people so anti-m$, this kind of upgrade enforcement which is easily avoidable is what drives people to piracy.
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great move. Very Happy
Got to love microsoft.

I hope halo 2 will be ported onto a mac Very Happy
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: Is the release of Halo 2 for Windows Vista just a way to force consumers to purchase the new operating system?

A: Absolutely. Bungie Studios and Microsoft's steadfast commitment to profit making determined that the Windows Vista platform would provide the best possible income from Halo 2 and Windows Vista. We like to think that one will drive sales of the other. We will force an unwanted upgrade on you in the near future.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Who cares about Halo2???? We've all got the chance to play it on XBox..no big deal and their loss.

Any company that doesn't support XP is under the thumb big time LOL Bungie Studios is MS bitch, what do you expect?

FS we haven't even touched SM3.0 properly and MS have binned support for XP (phone) from Jan next year....

You sir, are correct Very Happy
Ock462
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omfg what a bunch of BS I bet the bungie guys are just as pissed as we are about. Bill Gates what do you have to say about this?
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, who gives a damn about one game being proprietary to a platform. It's not like we've not seen it before. What's more lame from M$ is they're killing OpenGL in Vista. Besides WPF and some kernel modifications, what's new in Vista? Redesigned dialogs? And they're marketing it as a redefinition of OSes as we know it so that they can pull shit like this.

On the other hand, their philosophy about compatibility in the last iterations of Windows led to a gigantic number of outdated functions in the API library and objections towards M$ that they're not inovating enough. Now their answer is this .NET thing. Man, i need a 256MB memory stick just to run one application in that Framework.

So you might guess DX10 redefines something pretty radically, and wants to focus on the future, not backward compatibility. And that might be a good thing. One thing is for sure. We'll see.
v1m

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Line up for your latest fleecing, Windows victims. You can pay for your copy of Vista at the same time that you buy your Microsoft anti-virus "solution"--yuk yuk yuk!

I'm done with the PC rat race of upgrades--this from someone who jumped aboard in the early Voodoo card days. From now on, it's all gaming on a console for me. And renting games for a fraction of buying them. There are fewer and fewer worth playing, and almost none worth owning, now that corporations clone the same shit over and over.

Put your Vista up your keesta, Gates. Twisted Evil
DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Gates wrote:
DX10 will make your computing experience easier to use, faster, and more fun!

I take cash, cheque or credit. Wink

Splash Plastic? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: