Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Friday Tech Madness - CloneCD 5.2.7.1 [20893]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Friday Tech Madness - CloneCD 5.2.7.1 [20893] Reply with quote

SECURITY...--from6 Prepare for Microsoft's Patch Tuesday - Microsoft on Tuesday plans to release seven patches for several of its software products, including at least two critical updates for known vulnerabilities, according to the company's monthly security update. The planned patches inclu

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lucas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox Users Surf Safer
bring it on bitch Wink

Don't use Google toolbar
this isnt quite right, google toolbar and google desktop are two different products (and the EFF is over-reacting anyhow, the parts they "dislike" are opt-in anyway)
yhancik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Microsoft DirectX (previously WinG)

it's a little like saying "Microsoft Windows (previously DOS)" Wink
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"We can't say whether Firefox is a safer browser or not," said Henry Levy, one of the two University of Washington professors who, along with a pair of graduate students, created Web crawlers to scour the Internet for spyware in several 2005 forays. "But we can say that users will have a safer experience [surfing] with Firefox."

You need to learn how to read ass. Purely subjective evaluation. Means shit. especially from a University that sucks.
They also used unpatched versions of each browser. Duh.

Don't even try to tell me, out of the box Firefox was secure, they looked at the attacks on IE and tried to make Firefox not fall in the same way.

I sent that article writer a few screenshots I was saving for here, but instead I sent them to that biased PoS article.

Quote:
The moral, said Levy, is: "If you browse, you're eventually going to get hit with a spyware attack."

No F_cking duh! What a totally dumb article. Pure Firefox rant. Firefox is a decent browser but to write an article saying Firefox is more secure.. Pfff only a FOOL would smile after reading it.
lucas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
Quote:

"We can't say whether Firefox is a safer browser or not," said Henry Levy, one of the two University of Washington professors who, along with a pair of graduate students, created Web crawlers to scour the Internet for spyware in several 2005 forays. "But we can say that users will have a safer experience [surfing] with Firefox."

You need to learn how to read ass. Purely subjective evaluation. Means shit. especially from a University that sucks.
They also used unpatched versions of each browser. Duh.

Don't even try to tell me, out of the box Firefox was secure, they looked at the attacks on IE and tried to make Firefox not fall in the same way.

I sent that article writer a few screenshots I was saving for here, but instead I sent them to that biased PoS article.

Quote:
The moral, said Levy, is: "If you browse, you're eventually going to get hit with a spyware attack."

No F_cking duh! What a totally dumb article. Pure Firefox rant. Firefox is a decent browser but to write an article saying Firefox is more secure.. Pfff only a FOOL would smile after reading it.

thats ok xxxx, i accept your apology and think its great you now understand you were wrong
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur an idiot lucas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: