Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Xbox 360 DVD Firmware Hacked [21180]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 DVD Firmware Hacked [21180] Reply with quote

TechAmok reports that the Xbox 360 firmware has been hacked to run backup copies:

Retail games usually get a mediaflag where they only allow 'dvdxbox360' (Xbox 360 discs - different than a normal DVD because it has some specific bad sectors and special info in lead-in/out that can't be written with a standard dvd

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
CaptStar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually hx quite a while ago if you would have payed attention to Xbox360 news Microsoft announced an HD-DVD version of the 360 coming out later this year most likely. The HD-DVD system though will only read HD-DVD movies, not games.
Skippy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see very little point in reading this website anymore if all of the stories are just going to be taken from TechAmok from now on. I might as well just go read them there and skip all the annoying ads and pop-ups.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I already follow the news there, so coming here is a chore to find new and different information... besides I think this place should be more dedicated to games, lots of web sights have technology news but I come here for screen shots and info on the latest games.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
I see very little point in reading this website anymore if all of the stories are just going to be taken from TechAmok from now on. I might as well just go read them there and skip all the annoying ads and pop-ups.

isn't TechAmok affiliated with this site?

heretic can you clarify?
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I come here because it is the only site that blends game news with tech news, all the main things I am interested in.

KingArthur, it seems odd that you would have no interest in videocard hardware for example when 90% of the games reported here are for the pc.

Anyway I agree with the previous comments that it is less fun to browse the site now that the tech is separated. I don't understand why...HX? Please understand that I am not whining, just want to know the reason.

Even so, this is still the most awesome site on the net to me personally and many others too I'm sure.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb411 wrote:
KingArthur, it seems odd that you would have no interest in videocard hardware for example when 90% of the games reported here are for the pc.

Actually two months ago I spent $800 on my video cards so I have no interest in new ones and to be honest I didn't come here to help me decide on which ones I should get, maybe I should have but as I said I treat this place as a gaming news website only I look else where for my hardware and software news (but not very often, a lot of it just doesn't interest me) but I suppose I could stop looking at TechAmok.

However I really liked the off-topic and the crime news, I would skip every thing else and read those so I hope those continue...
lucas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:

ditto, every link ive clicked in the past few weeks has just been a 1 line article at techamok. keep this shit up and ill end up replacing my ggmania bookmark with a techamok one.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hx, if you need help with the site some of us will be glad to help.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmer wrote:
hx, if you need help with the site some of us will be glad to help.

ditto Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucas wrote:
Skippy wrote:

ditto, every link ive clicked in the past few weeks has just been a 1 line article at techamok. keep this shit up and ill end up replacing my ggmania bookmark with a techamok one.

Good get the F lost Lucas! Go to another site, nobody invited you here and personally I think nobody gives a crap even if you did leave. All you do is come here and cause F'ing trouble anyhow, whenever there is anything negative said, in come this little POS. Honestly, why don't you just get the F out of here Lucas!? Personally I'd give you a kick in the ass out of here if I could. Bookmark Techamok and get the F out of here.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Cthulhu will hunt you down in his underwater dream state and make you eat your own limbs Shocked Smile

*been playing Call of Cthulhu*

kinda reminds me a bit of Vampire though.. except shorter and considerably more polished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: