Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion First Impressions [21202]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion First Impressions [21202] Reply with quote

The chaps over at

PC.IGN have posted  their dual PC and 360 impressions of
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion:

PC:  This is the first time I've actually laid eyes on the game, aside from the previous batches of screenshots and video clips. We ran it on Dan's machine, since mine decided to sta

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
ThePacifier
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: oh... Reply with quote

Oh...what the heck..i already order it.. and i have an ati x700 or x600..dont remember...i will see.. Sad
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: oh... Reply with quote

I'm not wasting the time and frustration. Good going on totally devastating your PC sales Beth but thanks for ENSURING it will work perfectly on a Xbox 360, roflmao! It's just as I figured it, PC will suck, choke and crawl along while console kicks it's ass. Good marketing that they hid these details until release and just as I said in their forums when they IGNORED my most basic question about my system and what I can expect in running the game.

Well good luck with the sales, sure hope all those Xbox360 people buy your game because I'll wait for NWN 2 now and anything else. $2000 for a PC yet a fucking $400 console runs it better. Pfff, whatever. I'll be keeping my eye on that top sellers list which I doubt this game will even come onto because most every gamer is gonna have to fork out serious money to get good frame rates..

Thanks to IGN for telling me what I already expected.. At least now it's official. PC sucks, Xbox360 rules..
LLA
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know much about the Oblivion engine, but, surely doing it on a Dell (which by default will have lots of crap running in the background) and which uses a P4. Call me optimistic, but surely it'll run better on an AMD CPU like 99.9% of the other games around? Out of interest, does it feature dual-core support?
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as far as I know it supports dual core.. I read that a month or so ago.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx CALM DOWN Very Happy
It was obvious right from day 1 how demanding ES4 is going to be, and just because it runs smack tight on a 360 doesn't mean it's better, but tbh I wouldn't want to play this on anything less than a 6800GT anyways, which is why I bought a new system just for it.
Console performance is always smoother than PC gaming unless you're playing the thing on one of Bethesda's superlative machines, and it's easier for them to achieve optimum performance for the XBox 360 because they don't have to bother with a resource hogging OS, the multitude of different chipset's, hardware and processor configurations.
Given the amount of time they had to make the game, you would of course expect everything to be smooth-as right from the release date (which is never the case), but the HDR + AA issue is quite insignificant, and I couldn't really give a rats ass what IGN has to say on the matter.
Don't crush all hopes before you actually play the game though.

When I finally have the game, I'll be play testing it on my Desktop and my Dual Core Laptop, so I'll refrain from commenting on the PC version until then.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thing runs smooth on meduim settings with a ati 9800 pro i have no doubt on a x800 or whatever it'll run fine on high settings.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, I put down $3000 on a system but not just for this game for all the games I already had like F.E.A.R and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and for all the games to come (I'm leaving in an hour to puck up Oblivion for PC)

But I agree with xxxx if your not willing to do what I did to any extent then go for the XBox360 version its safer and you know it will run, and I wouldn't upgrade for any one game but my old system is junk and I was missing out on a lot of games because of it...
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. sorry just really pissed off. Don't know if I am going to buy this..
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx, buy it Smile

The game lives up to its hype. I was playing it this morning before I left for university (was up all night doing a video project), though yeah, if you want everything on full settings + HDR, it is quite demanding.
It manages to run on my laptop at 1440x900 extremely smoothly, funnily enough the game detected my laptop as Ultra High detail and my desktop as High Laughing
So I think it definately benefits from a Dual Core system in that case!
My friend has a 9800 pro and he's still going into his local store tomorrow before the queue rush to get it.
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Why they made a game for a limited market?? Reply with quote

Are they video card sellers???
I've a FX-5200 and almost all games are suitable to play with it, to play this game I need to change my motherboard, processor, and buy a new (>u$s 200) PCIE SLI video card!!! WHAT'S THE IDEA? Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: