Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sunday Reading [16257]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Sunday Reading [16257] Reply with quote

Everquest 2 movie - A new hi-res Everquest 2 movie has been released, again showing off the upcoming fantasy 3D MMORPG sequel from Sony Online. Burnout 3 movie - The official Burnout 3 website now offers a new trailer showing off gameplay from this upcoming racing game from Criterion Game

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta download the original Ground Control, as the second one is so amazing, i want to see where the idea originated!! Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't you buy the original ground control? Ground Control 1 was an ok game and from what I have heard about this new one is there is not a hell of a lot new other than updated graphics, I played the first one for like a week and got bored. I like the idea of the game but as the first one showed, you just have to have a taste for a game like this. It looks impressive but it's just not as involving as I guess Generals is. Can you tell me what is so amazing about GC 2? I'd really like to know what you claim is so cool, other than graphics.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not going to buy the first one, as its free to download!!

i really like the different way this runs compared to most other RTS games, there is little resource management, tank rushes dont work, everyone has a secondary action which are all believeable, its generally just an amazing game!!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see, so you haven't even played the first one yet. well that kinda sucks about tank rushes not working since that eliminates "a" strategy. i also don't know how you can eliminate tank rushes, but oh well. i didn't even know gc 2 was in the stores yet but i just saw it on store shelves yesterday and lots of them too. i'll wait for more reviews before i spend that kinda money on it. i got quite a few, including Generals, Desert Rats, Blitzkrieg 2, War Times, AOM and RON etc.. i got enough RTS to last for a while. there is nothing ground breaking in this game by any stretch of the imagination, at least from what i have read.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kills me about carmack dude. this guy selling Doom3 for an unrealistic price. ok single player might be fun, sure, but 4 player MP? $54 american price tag? that's just bloody gouging. the price just turned me off, it's not worth it. i don't care if u see ass in this game, it just isn't worth 54 bucks. sorry carmack, i'm not funding your spaceship.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well xxxx, it's a bit late on funding his spaceship as he has already been beaten by Burt Rutan.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya true.. but still. the guy is filthy rich and his game is super expensive for what it is. i'd think he'd try to show other game companies what realistic prices are. and people wonder why there is pirating. lmao. another example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: