Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft Launches Zune [22299]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Microsoft Launches Zune [22299] Reply with quote

Microsoft officially launched the

Zune Portable Media Player today taking the wraps off its 30GB digital media player and the Zune Marketplace music service.
As I previously reported, Zune will feature a 30GB HDD, 802.11b/g wireless connectivity, an FM tuner, USB 2.0 interface and a massive 3uot; LCD

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
doodaddy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any hint at the price? I'm too lazy to go look. Embarassed
JanSolo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: hah! Reply with quote

We don't actually know enough about the Zune to say it will challenge Apple at all. Think about this - there have been 100 other competitors to Apple, all with more features and YET none of them have come close to doing any damage to the iPod or the iPod economy. Just because MS jumps into the ring with a Toshiba Gigabeat with a wireless radio does not mean they will do any damage. Furthermore, no one has said anything regarding the battery life of this product with the radio enabled. People in the laptop world know - enabling a wireless radio at full blast (aka cam mode) will suck the life out of any battery, but I am sure MS will enable the radio only in psp 1 or something. Also, MS never states if the wireless radio will only allow users to connect to adhoc networks versus infrastructure mode. If they limit what users can connect up to and only allow users to connect from Zune to Zune, well it is pretty damn limiting IMHO. Also, because the feature set check box that MS listed is sooo limited, it makes me think that this product was absolutely rushed to market.

And just because you may want one without knowing anything about other than a few tech specs and the colors does not mean it is even worthwhile as a product yet. Honestly, if the product is really so good, then the Toshiba Gigabeat would have already taken away marketshare from Apple which it clearly has not.

Next competitor, please.

Last edited by JanSolo on Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
JanSolo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doodaddy wrote:
Any hint at the price? I'm too lazy to go look. Embarassed

Zune 30gb = 300$.
iPod 30gb = 250$
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jansolo..And the price difference, totally sucks...But yeah, I think if Toshiba had something red hot, I don't think it would get some weird name from MS.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: