Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Internet Explorer 7 Officially Released [22529]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Internet Explorer 7 Officially Released [22529] Reply with quote

Microsoft has released
the final build of IE7 today to customers, with the company expected to push the build by automatic updates on 1st November. The new version has several additional features comparied with IE 6, including tabbed browsing, RSS Web feeds and anti-phishing support.

Full English Links @ Mi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IE7 sucks.
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rather I think it's a momentous improvement of what is the evil IE6.

As a tester of Vista since a few years back I I have seen it evolve and I have gotten used to it a manner but I still go back to my oh so awesome Opera which have captivated me since so long.

Kudos to the IE Development Team, which now need to work on how they are going to continue feed IE features and improvements like their market competitors have done since the dawn of time.

IE7 is something great for the people who have no idea what a "firefox" or this "opera" music (?) are. Wink
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Safer on it being for the clueless. Too bad people who don't update their windows XP will never seen the light of day for IE7 (the ones that don't know they can just download it).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To follow up.

Firefox works better and is imo more secure with a few seconds worth of downloading plugins. For those that know how to use a browser, moving to Firefox is not a big issue and it even imports most everything your IE has. IE lets spyware in and sucks cat nuts at blocking popups. HX's site and astalavista are the perfect test for IE at least to force popups. No google bar wont help you and further securing your popups with Google bar will make you see 'too little'.

Get Firefox and these extensions before you even use Firefox to cruise the net. Wait a few months and use whatever you like, all there will be is cookies...Scan with anything you like.

Noscript
IE Tab
Faster Fox
Adblock

( there are a million other plugins that rock! )

Noscript = Block java scripts and stuff. embedded advertising nearly all blocked ('nothing' gets in without your approval)

IE Tab = Having a problem getting a MS specific site to work, like windows update? Just right click the link and Open in IE Tab. All problems gone.

Faster Fox = actually speeds up displaying sites maybe some 25%

Adblock = filters all kinds of ads on sites

Don't worry about being out of date on anything, Fox will tell you and updates take seconds.

IE doesn't support 'all' the standards and if you are into PHP and stuff, you will eventually notice that the sites look better and work better when you go to them.

IE 7 is a step backwards, not a step forward. It also suffers from lack of customization.

Oh and as a bonus with Firefox, unlike IE7's laughable themes, Fox gives you hundreds to choose from and it 'really' does change the appearance of your browser. Great when your bored of how your browser looks.

I bet if you use Firefox for a week, you'll probably never use IE again except for at work.

save you the time
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Extensions, themes and other plugins here
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/

Want to change your Windows themes without some bloatware applications like Windows Plus!, StyleXp or Window Blinds... all you need is this... (amazing really how many don't know about this)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707
(just remember to 'cancel' the windows file security)

Now you need themes for Windows...
http://themes.belchfire.net/xpthemes.html
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to wait for the Nov. 1 automatic update because this exe wants me to validate windows, and I er, uh, cant do that Wink
lucas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
To follow up.

Firefox works better and is imo more secure with a few seconds worth of downloading plugins. For those that know how to use a browser, moving to Firefox is not a big issue and it even imports most everything your IE has. IE lets spyware in and sucks cat nuts at blocking popups. HX's site and astalavista are the perfect test for IE at least to force popups. No google bar wont help you and further securing your popups with Google bar will make you see 'too little'.

Get Firefox and these extensions before you even use Firefox to cruise the net. Wait a few months and use whatever you like, all there will be is cookies...Scan with anything you like.

Noscript
IE Tab
Faster Fox
Adblock

( there are a million other plugins that rock! )

Noscript = Block java scripts and stuff. embedded advertising nearly all blocked ('nothing' gets in without your approval)

IE Tab = Having a problem getting a MS specific site to work, like windows update? Just right click the link and Open in IE Tab. All problems gone.

Faster Fox = actually speeds up displaying sites maybe some 25%

Adblock = filters all kinds of ads on sites

Don't worry about being out of date on anything, Fox will tell you and updates take seconds.

IE doesn't support 'all' the standards and if you are into PHP and stuff, you will eventually notice that the sites look better and work better when you go to them.

IE 7 is a step backwards, not a step forward. It also suffers from lack of customization.

Oh and as a bonus with Firefox, unlike IE7's laughable themes, Fox gives you hundreds to choose from and it 'really' does change the appearance of your browser. Great when your bored of how your browser looks.

I bet if you use Firefox for a week, you'll probably never use IE again except for at work.

save you the time
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Extensions, themes and other plugins here
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/

Want to change your Windows themes without some bloatware applications like Windows Plus!, StyleXp or Window Blinds... all you need is this... (amazing really how many don't know about this)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707
(just remember to 'cancel' the windows file security)

Now you need themes for Windows...
http://themes.belchfire.net/xpthemes.html

my how your opinion has changed. i guess we agree now, unless of course you want to revert back to that snivelling little IE fanboy you once were.
Safer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, XXXX, you completly misses the point of IE7.

It is for the masses - I don't know one I have installed it for (and I do it on a regular basis as I coach the poor soul who will take over my old techitian job) who have used any extensions beyond content plugins which Firefox asks for by it self.

I don't deny that Firefox is a awesome piece of Open Source technology, but IE7 is aimed at a completly diffrent mass of people then Firefox attracts - and you obviously isn't one of them, ne? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: