Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Dark Messiah.. short of awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Dark Messiah.. short of awesome. Reply with quote

This game rocks.. If Oblivion wasn't fast enough for you, sick of the lame levelling up and lame quests... DarkMessiah is just the opposite. Fast moving and awesome fighting. Having played the MP beta and SP demo to death, I'm walking into this game just owning with a bow and long sword...The kicking adds so much to your strategy in fighting and headshotting enemy and watching fall from ledges is great.. Hahaha, even the close up headshot the guy does a sommersault in the air...

16x AF and 6xAA and everything maxxed at 1024x768... Just love it.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished it in less than 12 hours (two days of play), and tbh SP is kinda bugy Rolling Eyes AI is fine but glitches and memory leaks make it look bad(in some levels the quick load button took 1-2 minutes to load my game).

Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.33GHz per core
GB FX7600GT 256MB
2x512DDR667
TENGILL
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want this game, but in a world with the scale and freedom of morrowind and gothic 3.
then this game would be of the hook.
Right now its just "run this way and kill, then get points and by skills"
And speeking of the skills... thay are not that good.
i whent for the mana and healt booster and heal... the rest of the spells are to week.
better to sink your points in the fighting part as you will find your doing that anyway.
As i sayd if thay had put the source engin to work and made big worlds and workt a bit more on the skill tree... this would be da game.
But now its just a trick to get the FPS crowed to try RPG.
And as you move around in oblivion or gothic you wounder y thay need loading screens in this game... it can clearly be done with out.
I wiched thay had gone with the oblivion engin on this game, that would have made it posible for them to do so mutch more.
But hay i playing it anywas, its a nice chang in pace from the slow lvling of moblivion and gothic.

well thats my 2c.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblivion's engine is pure Unreal Engine3.0 with almost no optimizations and that would have killed Dark Messiah Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: