Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Expansion Details [22987]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Expansion Details [22987] Reply with quote

CVG is reporting that Bethesda Softworks will release
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles, a true expansion pack to their 2006 released fantasy RPG.  The expansion will offer 30-plus hours of new adventuring, features new quests, monsters, expanded freeform gameplay - quest lines that br

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will do me nicely! Cool
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst game in the histoy of RPG and an insult to former Morrowwind players. They suckered me with Oblivion, couldn't care less what else they have. At least I got $20 for selling Oblivion! Jeezus they haven't even patched Oblivion, the bloody community is patching it. roflmao...
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree xxxx, I think the game is fantastic.
The modding scene has really kept it together, and this latest expansion is what fans have wanted all along.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very rushed and the world is SMALL and generic. Engine is the so called "Gamebryo" which is actually Unreal Engine3.0 to what we can see. The world is SUPER small, in morrowind there was a quest literally around every corner, in oblivion we have to be happy with quests in every town castle(and the very few outside them), the world itself is very limited and super generic(either old ruins with the same stuff inside), forests are great yeah, but the dungeons are just the same all the time. I don't know is it me or does the forest only have wolfs, deers and bears?

And they should have never added map travel Twisted Evil
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have to agree with what xxxx said but it only applies to an unmodded game. I tend to believe that they decided to release it the way they did BECAUSE of the modding community, morrowind had so many mods that they could assume that others would fix and "finish" there game for them so they rushed it out.

Complaining about fast travel is like complaining that your car has a cd player, its there if you want to use it but your not FORCED to use it, in no way is any one putting a gun to your head and saying use fast travel

Fast travel is great it definitely should have been in Morrowind I only use it when I have to (horse/follower missing for example) because I have some self control, unlike others Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: