Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. GPU Performance-mainstream cards [23448]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. GPU Performance-mainstream cards [23448] Reply with quote

Wondering which mainstream graphics cards perform best with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl? The chaps over at

FiringSquad have rounded up over a dozen different ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards. Along the way they also discuss topics such as 256MB vs. 512MB of memory, SLI/CrossFire performance, and t

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice marketing article... Yes, definitely nobody runs STALKER at 1024, lets just show 1280x1024 where we can marginally tell you your card sucks and push you to upgrading... Whatever... what a dumbass article.
yhancik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's pointless

it's not "very demanding" when you adjust the graphic options.. it's as simple as that...
it runs perfectly well on my frigging old Radeon 9550, and it doesn't look ugly, not
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought it was pretty blatant to pick 1280x1024 and within the same article tell people what cards to upgrade to.. I'd personally like to take whoever wrote it, 2 identical systems and give him "1" chance to point out which is 1280x1024 and which is 1024x768. If he gets it wrong, a punch to the back of the head. Sounds fair to me huh?

I'm actually pretty saddened by STALKER, it "feels" like a cheap game with slightly more money in it.(for one, where's the Bob?? aren't we past this static gun crap?). to have heard and read people stating it's better than HL2.. I'm sorry but "they" are F'nuts. Almost as dumb as the prick who wrote this article..
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it feels like a cheap game, you just need to play it longer... once you get better weapons and see more of the area, it shouldn't feel that way. The story is actually pretty good if you care at all about that kind of thing.

But then again, you disagree with almost everything i think should be obvious at times. So do what you will.

I seem to recall you downplaying HL2 at the time it was released as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: