Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Wednesday Reading - CS Linked to VT Shootings? [23585]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Wednesday Reading - CS Linked to VT Shootings? [23585] Reply with quote

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 Preview - IGN has posted its multiplayer impressions from Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.
Sierra Event Writeup - IGN Australia has a writeup on last week's Sierra press event, offering brief thoughts on World in Conflict, Scarface Wii, TimeShift, F.E.A.R.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xardas
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just wanted to bring this up but.. Jack Thompson is a jackass!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy involved in the shootings was an idiot. It doesn't matter what preventive things you put in place to supposedly try and stop these things from happening. As long as the USA continues to have lax gun laws, this will continue to happen. Canada is not alone in these kinds of stupidity acts(we've had some school shootings and stuff too). It could happen in Canada again, lets hope it doesn't. But in the USA, when a 16 year old can have a gun there's a problem right there! especially when millions have it and not only that but their constitution states a Right to Bear Arms... Picking on video games is just lame and an escape goat to sheepishly hide what the real problem is. The guy who killed all those people wasn't stable, there was more than enough warning signs, people just didn't care. Sucks to be those parents of those killed, but it's more than violent games, it's the country they live in and the laws they live with.
Rabbiddog
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lax gun laws do nothing to promote this type of activity. The FBI has already done extensive studies that show that those states with "lax" gun laws, or those states that are "right to carry", have much lower violent crime rates than those states who guns laws are very restrictive. Most violent criminals get their guns illegally, so gun laws have no affect as they are already circumventing the laws (once again FBI studies). This idiot obviously thought about and planned this for a long time. So even with a waiting period of a month or more don't you think he still would have waited for the waiting period to pass, still gotten his guns and still did the act? Yah I think so.

I have lived in states that were "right to carry" and states that have strict guns laws, guess which has a higher murder rate. It sure as hell ain't the right to carry state. So before you go spouting off about US guns laws and such, you should actually do some research. The stricter gun laws do nothing but waste tax payer money to enact and enforce. I myself could care less if they make the waiting period 6 months, I guarantee stricter gun laws will do nothing to prevent this kind of, planned and premeditated act.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: