Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

DirectX 10 to boost PC gaming [23596]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: DirectX 10 to boost PC gaming [23596] Reply with quote

PC gaming will come back in fashion because popular game consoles can't manage DirectX 10 eye-candy,

according to Associated Press. AP claims that people are waiting for a new batch of games that take advantage of DirectX 10 such as 'Crysis' and the 'Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures' and they will be prepared

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well personally I have zero interest in Hellgate(don't even find it at all impressive with all the media I've seen, Hellgate is DX10? Pfff.). Given MANY prominent developers have said DX10 is NOTHING including Carmack. I really couldn't care how someone else is gonna try and push their game with BS predictions. Amazing what these people have to do and say to push their games. Pretty sad.

Furthermore
Quote:
What the AP article seems to be suggesting is that punters will buy better graphics card for their PCs rather than splash out on the PS3 or Xbox.

Whatever. I refuse to spend +300 Cdn on a video card. I will buy an Xbox if the prices don't get realistic fast. Seeing how I don't trust ATI anymore and am avid on having to have a nVidia, I'm being forced to make a decision where my gaming goes. And one more thing, it's NOT JUST UPGRADING YOUR VIDEO CARD. So this article is just completely stupid. A video card purchase is almost likely going to include a system upgrade too. So it's not just dealing with fixed pricing video cards, it's a lot more for most people.

Last edited by xxxx on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, people like us who actually search out interviews and information. But the way I see it, it's all about marketing. And if they market DX10 to be something huge, then it doesn't really matter what developers or whoever says. Because the general public, won't know, and won't care. For the same reason why sooo many people use Internet Explorer, even if they know how bad it is, and have someone shoving Firefox down their throat.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pc gaming is for the well paid not the cheap.

all of my friends have xboxs/play stations only because its cheaper.
its simple if you play pc games you need the cash.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:
pc gaming is for the well paid not the cheap.

all of my friends have xboxs/play stations only because its cheaper.
its simple if you play pc games you need the cash.

Cheap? or sensible, money conscious. I don't buy your second statement and again, something that can't be proven. You are just stating that because it adds reason to your comments. I know people on the other hand that feel PC gaming sucks and is dying platform and thats why they went to Xbox. As a matter of fact most I used to game online with are on Xbox 360's with zero thought of coming back.

If prices don't come down on video cards I too will go Xbox 360. I HAVE the money that's not an issue and never has been an issue. It's common sense, value for the buck and responsibility.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just saying if you want to play on the pc and your willing to pay.

me i have a well paid job but
im not paying 700$ for a freakn video card
then the mother bored upgrade another 2-400
then a new cpu 300+
then new ram 1-400

i have the money but im not waisting my cash NO MORE.
its sad there are no shooters that support 64+ players or any mmorpg for consoles but thats soon to change i bet.
Clockw0rk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may come off as flame bait.. but here's a little fact about PC gaming.

You can now purchase a dual core proc, decent motherboard, 2 gigs of ram, plenty of hard drive space and a graphics card that will run oblivion... for less than the price of a PS3.

If you assume you need to spend more than 600 dollars to play games like fear, oblivion, command and conquer 3 and stalker... you're a noob. Period.

The price list another poster above me gave was complete and utter bullshit, mid-nineties FUD at best.

Don't believe me? I just built a dual core server with raided SATA hard drives and 4GB of ram for 640. Basically, a PS3 plus tax.

Console whiners that think PC gaming is expensive also tend not to understand terms of like SATA or RAID anyway; so they buy OEM crap and deserve every ounce of markup rape they receive.

Intelligent people can build better than alien ware for less. But the average joe has this persisting misconception you have to drop a massive wad on brand names for the best performance. It may be like that in Sony land, but here in PC gamer town.. we ride high on custom rigs.

If your computer sucks, it's not because upgrading is expensive. It's because you know dick about upgrading and good retailers.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clockw0rk wrote:
This may come off as flame bait.. but here's a little fact about PC gaming.

You can now purchase a dual core proc, decent motherboard, 2 gigs of ram, plenty of hard drive space and a graphics card that will run oblivion... for less than the price of a PS3.

If you assume you need to spend more than 600 dollars to play games like fear, oblivion, command and conquer 3 and stalker... you're a noob. Period.

The price list another poster above me gave was complete and utter bullshit, mid-nineties FUD at best.

Don't believe me? I just built a dual core server with raided SATA hard drives and 4GB of ram for 640. Basically, a PS3 plus tax.

Console whiners that think PC gaming is expensive also tend not to understand terms of like SATA or RAID anyway; so they buy OEM crap and deserve every ounce of markup rape they receive.

Intelligent people can build better than alien ware for less. But the average joe has this persisting misconception you have to drop a massive wad on brand names for the best performance. It may be like that in Sony land, but here in PC gamer town.. we ride high on custom rigs.

If your computer sucks, it's not because upgrading is expensive. It's because you know dick about upgrading and good retailers.

dude were talking about next gen gaming such as Crysis i already have the pc that plays oblivion and fear THOSE GAMES ARE OUTDATED ALREADY . and btw i upgraded 4-6 months ago the 7900gt ran me about 450 my motherbored ran me 300$ processor over 250$ THATS over 1000$
i can get an xbox for under 500 or ps3 699 with 3 games and a 60 gig hard drive and wont have to upgrade to another console for 2-4 years
OR whenever the next one comes out, when you play pc gaming if you dont upgrade every 6months your outdated. calling me a noob over somthing like this is sad. you need to know what your talking about.
also what about a new monitor/keybored/mouse you cant keep using the same old shit with a new pc.
you say you spent 650 well your pc is a POS then lol.. fool keep playing your game on low settings.

and if your not playing games on full graphics you might as well be playing an xbox360 or play station 3,

midcore pc systems are a waist of time.

tigerdirect is where i get all my crap dont forget im from Canada shits more expensive.
Clockw0rk
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:

dude were talking about next gen gaming such as Crysis i already have the pc that plays oblivion and fear THOSE GAMES ARE OUTDATED ALREADY . and btw i upgraded 4-6 months ago the 7900gt ran me about 450 my motherbored ran me 300$ processor over 250$ THATS over 1000$
i can get an xbox for under 500 or ps3 699 with 3 games and a 60 gig hard drive and wont have to upgrade to another console for 2-4 years
OR whenever the next one comes out, when you play pc gaming if you dont upgrade every 6months your outdated. calling me a noob over somthing like this is sad. you need to know what your talking about.
also what about a new monitor/keybored/mouse you cant keep using the same old shit with a new pc.
you say you spent 650 well your pc is a POS then lol.. fool keep playing your game on low settings.

and if your not playing games on full graphics you might as well be playing an xbox360 or play station 3,

midcore pc systems are a waist of time.

tigerdirect is where i get all my crap dont forget im from Canada shits more expensive.

I'm sorry, you think running Stalker on full settings is POS?

You overpaid for crap. I've got a x1900 and E6700, under a thousand. When I lan, I have the highest frames; period.

Newegg rapes tigerdirect. and I'm sorry you live in Canada (pricewise. I'd rather have your politicians)
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalker isnt an impressive game, outdated graphics. its a good game but its outdated.
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing
Quote:
stalker isnt an impressive game, outdated graphics. its a good game but its outdated.

I do agree that some aspects of stalker's graphics are outdated, but they are very impressive and advanced for the most part. It's up to you if you refuse to notice it. Not all devs follow a "Look, that's flashy and up-to-date!" principle. The engine is very good at rendering environments, they end up very life-like -- like in real life a clowdy rainy scene isn't that beautiful, but a sunset with its dramatic lighting will make it worth painting on a canvas.
Well, probably it's just the different taste for visuals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: