Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

XP vs. Vista - A Tale of Framerates [23656]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: XP vs. Vista - A Tale of Framerates [23656] Reply with quote

Before you upgrade your Windows XP system to Windows Vista or replace it with a new Vista system, it would be helpful to know how your upgraded or new machine's DX9 gaming performance will compare with that of your current XP-based model. The chaps over at

HardOCP have pit Windows XP versus Windows Vista

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think it's been pretty much known from the start.

There is zero reason for Vista, all you are is a beta tester, it's no more secure than XP, period.

DX10 is a crock of shit and there's been enough REAL developers continually putting DX10 down(including Carmack).

There are limited drivers, been known since beta days.

Performance has been questionable as well as support for non-Vista games.

IMO, only a fool would move to Vista AND try and game on it, much more a fool who'd go around complaining about his games sucking on Vista and complaining about absence/poor drivers. Not to mention the morons who went out and bought a DX10 card already(wow that card must be paying off huh?)

Vista + 8800 = el'n00b != Gamer Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im actually getting an 8800GTS upgraded from my damaged 7900GT+100$
wich is sweet and i was thinking about going back to vista till i seen this.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:
wich is sweet and i was thinking about going back to vista till i seen this.

Nice story, bs likely, but nice story. Like to know how a 7900 GT 'damaged' gets you anything.. Rolling Eyes then whatever +100 means.. (damaged or defective)

8800 GTS = waste of money. Seen enough stats to know that but at least your not totally clued out like others to get a GTX.

Oh and the Vista article is nothing new. It's been re-itterated a million times on the net plastered in various tech forums and even some decent magazines that Vista sucks. You obviously don't read very much. What else is new here Rolling Eyes Laughing
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent my card to xfx (7900GTO 520M) to get repaired they cant repair it so they gave me 3 options
since it was defective here is a picture http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/darknothing/XR_3DA2007-04-1420-14-12-51.jpg

**Chris, We no longer have the 7900GT in stock and in an effort to provide the best possible customer service we are letting you decide on your replacement. You have the option to have it replaced with a 7900GS the 600MHz video card which will outperform your version 7900GT at no charge or the newly released and DirectX 10 compatible 8600GTS at no charge. Your third option is a paid upgrade, for $100.00 you can upgrade to the 8800GTS 320MB version. You can let us know in your email or if you wish to pay for the upgrade, please have your visa or mastercard ready**
7900GS 600Mhz exchange
8600 exchange
or 8800GTs for 100$

so i took the 8800GTS

no need to be a asshole xxxx you really are an asshole and im not the only one that sees that your always talking shit about other people.
calm the hell down stop bein rude to everyone.

i dont have time to read every mag that comes out hell i dont even read any mags waist of my time.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darknothing wrote:

The word is defective. You know, just like your brain ya TARD. Learn to write in English. You also mentioned nothing about 'sending it to nvidia or whoever'. Oh yes, I forgot to put on my 'read-peoples-minds-over-the-internet' cap. DUH.

I'll treat people here when it's warranted and when I have had the same respect given to me. Until then. Tough titties.
Badmagic

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably have your account closed then xxxx as there was no necessity for darknothing to explain his statement until you attacked him/her for it.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salut

Pinnallmer... Liar
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a lot of bias against Vista, but my personal experience is that performance in Vista is on par with XP. You win in some areas and lose in others, but it's really not as bad as all these review sites and digg links make them out to be.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm i havent noticed any difference in vista. perhaps theres a difference on paper, but nothing that i noticed while plaing a game.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be missing something here, but they don't even seem to list which drivers they are using.
Rob
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
I may be missing something here, but they don't even seem to list which drivers they are using.

Your right. Hmm not very fair seeing as Nvidia has been pumping out the new drivers like mad lately heh.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
I believe Vista is slower because it checks 3000 a second to see if you are trying to copy HD video or any other DRM encrusted media. Thanks, Ballmer Laughing

ROFL! Nice one!!
Keep up the good work (reviews,news and info) hx.
Best site on the net PERIOD! Cool
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Hx, I don't know what you are talking about. There is no swear words or viciousness in it and states 'facts' which he indeed proved, such as not having time to read tech literature or reading lots of tech site. As well, his use of damaged instead of 'defective' also leads people to think it's bogus or incorrect. So overall I wasn't wrong on anything in my reply. And for your information 'tard' is a term taken from PC Gamer aka known as n00b. It was coined by an author in PC Gamer. It was created around the time of DeusEx as a term used for n00bs. Sounds to me like you are being manipulated by the same people who enjoy attacking my opinion all the time.

The people emailing you are the people who can't drag me out to the forums to rattle on more. They are pissed off that I wont continue to amuse them. I don't sit and dwell on my opinion anymore and I haven't for months. these people are sick attacking me and finding whatever means they can to continue striking at me. When I strike them first, they have a sucky fit. I guess since I just delete their PM's now, they resorted to emailing you.

I come to this site now once or twice a week, like this thread, I don't typically come back to it. Seriously, I have better things to do than live on your site and forums trolling threads and much less ramble on with idiots and frauds like Stumpus. (I wonder if he put on lip stick before kissing your arse on his last post Smile . Take a look at his literate and profane posts, if he hasn't gone back and edited like the fraud he is.)

Anyhow, do whatever you want. As far as I'm concerned you are just being harassed by people who can no longer harass me. If you want to continue this discussion, PM me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: