Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas preview [16457]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas preview [16457] Reply with quote

GameSpot has posted

a new preview of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Here's a taster:

Now, while it's clear Rockstar wants you to keep CJ fed in the game, just chowing down on anything and everything isn't going to do you any favor

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
nobodyspecial
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: who gives a crap Reply with quote

I don't care about eating in GTA at all, I'd rather they work on gameplay mechanics than eating. If I wanted to play an eating RPG I don't really think I'd want to get GTA: San Andreas to do it. People get GTA to jack cars and murder people, throwing eating mechanics into it is a neat idea but it will just hinder the game play for most people. Oh well, this series has done pretty much at it can do it seems...might as well make someone a fatass while doing it.
alfred nonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: GTA5: Tamagotchi Rampage Reply with quote

Yeah, really. I thought this was a joke when I first read it. I'm still skeptical. Why on Earth would anyone think that devoting resources to this feature would be cost-effective, appealing to GTA fans, or a good idea?

Unlike almost every other commercial artform, it's extremely easy to make a good sequel to a good game. You take the lauded elements of the first good game and improve them. That's all. There will be 500 more "Street Fighter" fighting games made, but no more "Mortal Kombat" RPGs.

I can imagine the design meeting now: "If we leverage our experience with virtual pets - a multimillion dollar industry - with GTA's success, we could outsell Pokemon!"

And even if virtual pets were the way to go to broaden the game's appeal, didn't anyone stop to consider that the fat aspect might not be the best for sales? Gaming is a sedentary activity. The "biggest" GTA4 fans probably fit that description literally and figuratively. You won't find fast food companies, comfy chair sellers or candy manufacturers poking fun at porkers... I'm not sure if it's a wise business decision for a game company to bite the flabby hands that feed them.

But what really bothers me is that the feature seems detailed... yet utterly superfluous. As if they ran out of "good" new ideas to spend time implementing... so in went the kitchen sink. I get the feeling this is going to be GTA3 part 2 + random crap rather than a true evolutionary sequel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: