Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PC died - looking for advice on a rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murrey
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: PC died - looking for advice on a rebuild Reply with quote

Hey,

Been a long time since I posted here So my 3500+ A64 system has died and rather than fiddle around trying to fix it I have decided to upgrade. I would like to have waited for a while to upgrade, but I really need a computer for uni so I need to get this done ASAP. I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on what I have put together? Have I done anything blatantly retarded? Been out of the scene for a while Razz

I am looking to play upcoming games like Crysis and Bioshock on my 2405FWP, which is why I am going for the quad core over an E6850. The mobo I chose because it looks like I will have a reasonable upgrade path with it in the future.

I am just using an 8600GT as an interim card until the next gen of dx10 cards come out. I am a little unsure about 2GB vs 4GB ram. Seems for now on 32bit a good 2GB pair is what you want? I'm not really prepared to run 64bit vista just now to really take advantage of the 4GB.

So here is my list! Any advice/thoughts would be great! Thanks in advance!

Intel Q6600
Asus Striker Extreme
Corsair T2X2048-64C4DHX 4-4-4-12 timings
OCZ 850w gamexstream
8600GT, asus atm -256mb but any point in the 512?
2 X 500GB seagate 7200.10
Vista Ultimate 32bit (upgrading from win2k)

Last edited by murrey on Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get 880GTS 320MB if you can, you might pay a little more but its worth the extra money. While ASUS do make some of the best hardware, their software is very crappy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: