Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gears of War PC - Rather Negative Impressions [24470]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Gears of War PC - Rather Negative Impressions [24470] Reply with quote

The chaps over at
PC.IGN has posted rather negative impressions from
Gears of War PC. Here's an excerpt:

Packaged alongside the entertaining gameplay is an impressive feature set, particularly the option for online co-operative play. To make full use of it, however, you'll need a Live gold account, w

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
then there's the question of performance. Gears is still a gorgeous game, but in both DX9 and DX10 we noticed it would stutter on a regular basis. Things would run smoothly otherwise, but the regular occurrences of dropped frames were distracting. As for our system, we're running 32-bit Vista on a rig with an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz, a 768 MB GeForce 8800 GTX, and 2 GB of high-end RAM. Granted, that's not exactly the best kind of rig to determine a game's performance, but that's all we've tried it on so far.

R they serious? not the best type of system to test it on? screw that thats a perfect type of system to test it on.... Gears is a nice looking game and if there not doing so well on that system.. well i wont pay for the game but i will get a pirated copy. i only pay for games that are done right, and if history taught us anything.. PORTS NEVER WORK WELL..they really need to stop doing it.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the proactive method and not buying ported/general rubbish games.
If it's worth it's salt, they will release a demo. If not, then they obviously try and catch the unwary 'graphics swooned over gamer'.
If the game is truly junk then it's their loss not mine.
It's being a bit hypocritical saying "PORTS NEVER WORK WELL..they really need to stop doing it", and then still getting a pirate copy, don't you think?
It's either "yes or no"
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry what i meant to say is i pay for well done games, if there not well done then ill get a pirated copy. if they decide to fix the game and it runs well, if im still playing it ill buy it..

i never played a good port to pc yet. but the system that guy tested the game on should work fine since its using a ut3 engine. right?
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Microsoft XBOX > Windows games were much easier to port, it seems that they have made it more difficult especially with Vista/DX10. The rig used to test the game is a top end spec and if thats having problems choosing between an official or pirated version might be a no brainer, i'd choose the latter.

Lazy punk ass programmers are using sloppy code techniques by using gpu, cpu and memory resources too excessively. What happened to efficient and effective source code ? i guess development time constraints and other contractual agreements prevent good programmers from streamling code.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me its Microsoft's fault, they oversimplified the development and just make the life of proggramers easier(which is not a bad thing), but they have go so far that most developers have gotten lazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: