Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 leaked online [16524]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Doom 3 leaked online [16524] Reply with quote

BBC is reporting that "the eagerly awaited blockbuster computer game, Doom 3, has been leaked on the internet. Copies of the game on file-sharing networks and newsgroups are being downloaded by thousands of people. The cost to the game's makers, id Software, could run into hundreds of thousands o

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
little_bloke
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Hype Reply with quote

Amongst other things, this is one of the negative consequences of HYPE. People so desperately want the game they will do anything to get it as soon as feasibly possible.

Myself I am just glad that they haven't gone down the shitty route of using starforce protection.

I will wait patently and buy my copy, if reviews are favourable.

LB
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been playing it for the past 4 hours and can safely say it's a good game Wink must... melee... attack... with... flashlight... huhuhuhu Twisted Evil
little_bloke
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: hype Reply with quote

Nice Sig.

Certainly sounds promising... what system are you using, and how is it performing?

LB
luke77

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well why don't they just make a world release that... could have helped them in some way i am from denmark and here we do first get doom 3 date 13-08-04 Sad

greatings luke77
JamieK
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i am a little short right now, when i get my next paycheck, the game is mine.

But i have:

AMD AthlonXP 2600+
512MB DDR PC2700
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128MB

I can play it at: 1024x768 @ High Detail + all advanced settings (except FSAA & ANISO)

It slows down now and then, but in general, i get around 30-60fps (far more then i expected)
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you guys never learned from the HL2 'leak' The police will be raiding you soon,(with any luck) since your IP addy is *logged* by your ISP it doesn't matter if you delete,burn or destroy that HDD. The proof that you downloaded and *where* you downloaded it from are all nicely stored on your ISP. All ID have to do is follow the trail, if i was them i *WOULD* for £1.5m of lost profits!!!!

Imagine on your cell door it will say "fragged by ID, do not disturb for 4years"

Pirates are a bunch of

The honest thing for Radoslav, AKA: HX, to do is to pass on the (IP) fools here that say they downloaded it to the cops
Rasded
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my copy out of the newsgroups from a host that does not log IP so no worries here.I will buy HL2 but not DOOm3 even though its been fun so far.The game is way out in price.$54.99 come on.
sikapossu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
LOL you guys never learned from the HL2 'leak' The police will be raiding you soon,(with any luck) since your IP addy is *logged* by your ISP it doesn't matter if you delete,burn or destroy that HDD. The proof that you downloaded and *where* you downloaded it from are all nicely stored on your ISP. All ID have to do is follow the trail, if i was them i *WOULD* for £1.5m of lost profits!!!!

Imagine on your cell door it will say "fragged by ID, do not disturb for 4years"

Pirates are a bunch of

The honest thing for Radoslav, AKA: HX, to do is to pass on the (IP) fools here that say they downloaded it to the cops

you you really thing that there is man power to handel all those who download it ...wake up Laughing

(damn quote dont show right on front page)
JamieK
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never downloaded it, i got it off of my mate from a game store, i told him i would pay him next week. so there. Razz

I introduced him to his fiancee. Smile

so he owes me big time.
LardAss
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Lol Reply with quote

Laughing i enjoyed the doom and quake series but i wont be playing this game 4 a while. This is because i need to upgrade my system, i like to enjoy a game at its highest level. So i need 2 get the latest GFX card and that wont be for about 6months until then i'll w8 for the demo. Wink
lucas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:

Pirates are a bunch of

bwahahah... I knew you were a moron, but I didnt realise you lived in a magical pixey land where the leprecorns roam free and wear tiny little green hats and shit. perhaps someone put a lot of LSD in your coffee or something, but in the real world what you're talking about AINT gonna happen. doom 3 is nothing special. hundreds of games a leaked before their release, do you hear about ANYONE getting busted for downloading them AT ALL?!?! No, only the RIAA does that shit
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game ain't even worth the download or blank CD's. wandering around in the dark shooting zombies is something for -14yo kids but not for us adults Cool
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have already pre-ordered my copy of Doom 3 so I can play it online, + it's one hell of a game so I dont regret placing my order.
Yeah I have been playing the leaked version *wow shock horror who cares* I'm not the one they are losing money from.
I did the same with Farcry as well, downloaded it first then bought it- now I play it online with a group of close friends Wink
but yeh, for those thinking of ordering this game, DO IT because it seriously ownz, they have put a lot of work into this.
The gfx are very realistic, the environments are spooky and everything has a really shocking atmosphere to it.
my rig is:

2.8 ghz p4 1 gig ram 9700 pro w/ audigy zs platinum pro
running the game in 1024x768 with high detail, all advanced effects and 2x anti-aliasing perfectly smooth.

BUY IT!
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieK wrote:
i never downloaded it, i got it off of my mate from a game store, i told him i would pay him next week. so there. Razz

I introduced him to his fiancee. Smile

so he owes me big time.

Laughing haha nice one mate
*runs to the local game store with a mission to befriend as much of their employees as possible*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: