Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Prediction: Consoles to become [25111]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Prediction: Consoles to become [25111] Reply with quote

According to Sandy Duncan, the former Xbox 360 Euro Boss, has said

she believes that console hardware will disappear very soon as things become more and more "virtualized." She said that the industry is driven by technology, and soon set-top boxes, home entertainment systems, and consoles, wi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Hubbo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Sandy Duncan? Reply with quote

She must be seeing the future through her glass eye Shocked
LLA
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god this manis a prophet...

Is this steaming load of obvious-ness the reason he is only a former MS employee?
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but I've been hearing this convergence nonsense for over thirty years, and it's no more true now than it's ever been. The single biggest hurdle is that it assumes a monopoly, and no competition is a bad thing. In short, it hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. Convergence is a pipe dream and always has been.

You roll your eyes and gnash your teeth at me all you want, but in a couple decades, you'll be making a post exactly like this one on some other forum. Guaranteed. Cool
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rather pick and choose what console i want. i dont want any built in console on a tv.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think you guys understand what this is, think of it sorta as a house but you get to choose what kind of internet connection is in it, who provides your furniture, etc. Same thing here, what you are buying no company can monoplize on simply because any company can build this 'house' and what is inside the house is up to you, meaning the virtualization will emulatre a xbox360 or a ps3, as long as the 'house' you bought supports it. Like lets say all this box does is stream video via your internet connection. That means if you connect to ps3's website you can play your games that you bought online, no cd! And it will stream all via the internet to your 'house'. Wanna play some xbox after? just connect to microsofts site...etc...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A typical Bill Gates quote; as in through his imaginary world, and from his pawns...oh yeah his OS will be built in to EVERY home media centre! Maybe in America but no where else.
Like do they think the internet rates and rules are the same the world over??...... Rolling Eyes

As long as there are *seperate* consoles, there will ALWAYS be seperate console boxes.
There isn't a monkeys hope that M$,Nintendo and Sony would happily be in ONE box!! Imagine the hackers/modders having a field day!! Laughing

Why do you think we have a CHOICE over what basic set-top box we buy as it is for eg digital TV?
Manufacturers, features, quality are all what govern our spending as it is.
For eg:
Who fights over the 'internal' hardware rights of this ONE set-top box?? Who builds what?

I mean, you need hardware AND a license to play a software companies game -whether virtual or real- on a single unit. The legalities are HUGE!!

Game OVER already. But, hey, it's good to dream or live in Bill Gates world..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: