Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Assassin's Creed [25306]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Assassin's Creed [25306] Reply with quote

of it. I suggest renting before buying...read a full review

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playability: 5/5 - combines innovative gameplay types, lots of missions to complete, repetitive missions; no real reward for exploration; boring story, weak replayability

Do you, by accident, get paid by Ubisoft ?

It seems to be the trend for the bloated, buggy, boring games by Ubisoft to get perfect scores, even if it is clear that they are completely spiritless....
Confused
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

85 - 90 i think its worth, Problem is you play the hole game in the first 30 mins. Still playing it & still enjoying it.
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not played this game however like many great ideas it's execution determines a success or failure. The story is part of the execution process along with playability, control characteristics and other aspects. Poor script, inflexible environment, mismanagement, cutting corners, rushing to meet deadlines in order to appease shareholders is a recipe for failure.

Hint look at the developers share price "good indicator" on how things are in house.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste. I'm boring myself to death playing this and I need to finish it at least once to justify the money spent. The graphics are OK. Nothing new, but lots of detail. The gameplay is so boring and completely unimaginative that it's not even funny. Go there, kill that, hold uparrow with 2 more buttons to watch some animations, repeat. I can not believe this game got such good reviews. For what?

The effort is apparent. The technical side is flawless, except for the camera. I found no other bugs or glitches. I'm assuming the crap gameplay is a direct consequence of Ubisoft trying to appeal to a widest audience possible and securing their investment. I mean, how simple can you make it?

It's sad to see a world of this size with so few interesting things to find in it. Basically all you get is procedural crowds, a few hidden flags and some (hidden) enemies to kill with no real rewards. I'm not there yet but I'm assuming the replay value is -1.

Tech 5/5
Graphics 4/5
Sound 5/5
Gameplay 1/5

Overall 3/5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: