Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Game blamed for hammer murder [16496]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Game blamed for hammer murder [16496] Reply with quote

BBCNews is reporting that the parents of a boy who was murdered with a claw hammer have blamed a violent video game which the teenage killer was "obsessed" with.

s say that he was obsessed by this game. uot;To quote from the website that promotes it, it calls it a psychological experience,

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with *all* these cases, the individual was 'damaged goods' BEFORE they played the game.

If he hadn't killed the lad and played 'ManHunt' then he would have turned into a rapist,paedophile,junkie or something else just as warped! It just depends what is the catalyst that triggers these sick individuals to lose touch with reality.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Stumpus. The game has nothing to do with it.

Its as if there was no crime in this world before games and movies came in. Even if there was no game like manhunt still that sick fool would have come up with another way to kill people.
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame the parents and think we should ban all parents in response to this vicious killing!

see how stupid that sounds? yet they still try and pull that shit on games. the parents are at fault at least as responsible (solely in my opinion) for this as the game. its rated 18+, the parents let their 17 year old nutcase son play it. if anything gets banned it should be irresponsible morons having children
ambazador
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

historical games for these children without good motives for killing & u see there in history is ONLY 1 SPORT & this is ? < question, answer > killing! yes my darlings, itz a fact.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know. i usually would say that it's not the game's fault.

but Manhunter is a really sick game, and people who are not quite as strong minded as most of us might get odd ideas.

sure
"If he hadn't killed the lad and played 'ManHunt' then he would have turned into a rapist,paedophile,junkie or something else just as warped! It just depends what is the catalyst that triggers these sick individuals to lose touch with reality."
is a valid argument. but in this case the game is the trigger, and this is what the case builds on, bot what could have happened in the future.
FX5900

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because i've killed a man, doesn't mean i blame all the computer games i've played. Rolling Eyes Laughing
hAchmoNi
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the world that we live in.. Maybe the creators look at it and created this game whit all of his f**king brutal killing and other killing..
Everybody has to learn every thing from somewere.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed that everyone has to learn something from somewhere, but if this is the case do u think if that all the games in the world have "do good deeds" theme will the world become a better place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: