Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Who Killed PC Gaming? [27476]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Who Killed PC Gaming? [27476] Reply with quote

IndustryGamers has posted an opinion article called \'Who Killed PC Gaming?\':

Before anyone gets up in arms about this, we know for a fact that PC gaming is evolving right now and not dying off. There\'s a well established indie scene on PCs and casual games have become a booming business. Online games, parti

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The better the graphics and copy protections, the lower the sales, ain't that a shame ?

Anyone know the word "fun" still ? Rolling Eyes
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if this has anything to do to piracy hmmm....can't be...
Renton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always NPD... we talk later when Steam and Direct2Drive are taking places in their stupid numbers.
Jelster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:

You're joking right? Piracy is the biggest smoke screen fallacy of the entertainment media I've ever heard. It's killed music, movies, books and games... oh wait no it hasn't.

I've yet to ever see any quantifiable evidence of piracy's impact on bottom line or how it's lost people their living. Instead we're treated to download figures or poor sales number on the PC compared to the consoles. Oh and the inability for people to analyse beyond parroting their favourite Dev's piracy mantra.

Really, do you think that people who pirated on the PC habitually didn't start doing so on the 360 years ago? Don't you think it a little weird that the PC game industry is dying at the hands of piracy and yet the 360 is a vibrant profitable platform? Despite the 360 being easier to pirate on.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beside the fact that online distribution is much more common now on pc, with steam and other platforms wich probably if taken into account would eat up the decline in sales alone, no body seems to mention that there is a lot of cash going into mmos on pc. much more then on consoles. of course we buy less games if we chunk out 15 bucks a month for our main game.

and honestly gears of war may be ok on consoles but it was one of the worst shooters i played on pc in years. i couldn't even get myself to play it halfway though on pc and i play fps games since doom fanatically.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jelster wrote:
Genoism wrote:

You're joking right? Piracy is the biggest smoke screen fallacy of the entertainment media I've ever heard. It's killed music, movies, books and games... oh wait no it hasn't.

I've yet to ever see any quantifiable evidence of piracy's impact on bottom line or how it's lost people their living. Instead we're treated to download figures or poor sales number on the PC compared to the consoles. Oh and the inability for people to analyse beyond parroting their favourite Dev's piracy mantra.

Really, do you think that people who pirated on the PC habitually didn't start doing so on the 360 years ago? Don't you think it a little weird that the PC game industry is dying at the hands of piracy and yet the 360 is a vibrant profitable platform? Despite the 360 being easier to pirate on.

Absolutely, Like Half Life 2 was the most hacked and pirated game on the net at one time, yet still sold millions to become the best selling game for years!
Look at it like this; When sales are poor it's piracy
When sales are great; The PC is the best gaming platform. Rolling Eyes
Four biggest things that killed PC gaming for me in 14-15years of building my own gaming rigs.
1)Poorly supported, over priced, quickly superceded OSs
2)Overpriced, overhyped, superceded graphic cards.
3)Garbage produced PC games software, that needs a years worth of patches to be 'compatible' with your system or runs like a bag of spanners on a $hit hot thousands of bucks rig with SLI -case in question Empire Total War (not that i have SLI etc lol)
4)Work!! Laughing Now i just want to switch on and play instantly and then switch off by means of my PS3, oh, and of course watch my weekly Blue Ray movie on my 46" Sony and chill Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: