Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Bye!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> This website - Changes, Bugs, Suggestions~
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strangestsensation
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Bye! Reply with quote

I've decided to leave this site. This site is too amateur and full of bugs and advertising and jerk offs. Not to mention a lot of big mouths with zero knowledge. I've since found alternative gaming sites that are better managed, more up to date on gaming news and cover more things like movies and console. What I like about the other sites too is they have admins that aren't chicken or cowardly and stand up for things and not let their users get freely abused. Here administration is non-existent to say the least. Swearing and attacks go on without any intervention from administrators. I personally have better things to do than deal with morons like Ozieo and Koogle who missed the evolution stage from caveman. The reason I can't come here is the ridiculous advertising you got here. I can't comfortably browse your site from work and at lunch time I like to check on game news etc. Oh well, likely this post will just gather dust but I figured I'd be out with it. Have a good one, maybe when you actually have the interest and money to invest into this site it might actually be worth coming to but at this stage it just seems to me like a website you run from your basement. Amateur and cheap. Sorry if you take offense but you should really take a look at other gaming sites and learn from others who know how to do it better.
ShirleyCrabtree
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I LOL....MAY I ?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... strangestsensation common man..

admin sent me a pm to let me know about the thread.. only I hadn't seen it until today.. made me sad at first, I thought I had driven you away Sad which is funny as I been wondering why the comments have been a little empty.. And Win7 official release is around the corner... boy was I getting excited Smile

" I personally have better things to do than deal with morons like Ozieo and Koogle"

You don't still think I'm Ozieo ? lol ... and you can't think of other people with different opinions (though perhaps better ones ) as being morons.. maybe I come across as jerk in my replies.. that could be it, don't take my insults too personally, its just an in the moment kinda thing Razz

"Not to mention a lot of big mouths with zero knowledge"

pff

well i'll miss those good times we had Razz

"Sorry if you take offense but you should really take a look at other gaming sites and learn from others who know how to do it better."

I check ggmania more than I check any other fucking gaming/tech site... it could be better in some ways.. but so could those other noob infested sites.

"I've since found alternative gaming sites that are better managed, more up to date on gaming news and cover more things like movies and console."

console and movies? lol common, where is the variety in that.. ggmania got a bit of everything.. heads up on bikini photos Razz tech hardware, random shit, etc etc..

"What I like about the other sites too is they have admins that aren't chicken or cowardly and stand up for things and not let their users get freely abused"

the barely moderated stance is much better.. I don't mind anyone with an opinion and what they want to say about something, and I don't care all that much about how they want to express it. Stop being a pussy.

"The reason I can't come here is the ridiculous advertising you got here. "

what advertising... oh damn adblocking, suppose I should do some ad *clicking*
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I know the site is really dated Sad Unfortunately my resources to make big changes here are very limited. The site is only hobby for me and I must make $ in my job. However, please tell me what I could improve....I can try! Smile"

actually the only niggle I have is to do with the image thumbnail/full size viewer.

On the image thumbnails you use for new game screenshot previews etc.. they passed though javascript links.. meaning you can't open them to a new tab.. using [mmb] -you just get a 404 as it doens't work ..and [lmb] clicking on a preview opens to a new tab, but it follows the link to the new tab.. which also means i can't [lmb] click on multiple previews while on the frontpage and have them load up in the background, to then check those tabs out later.

and then onto the actual image showpic.php page.. I've always thought it would better if the < 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 > bit was above the actual fullsize image.. reason being it opens in the same place, unlike having it at the bottom of an image, its location on the page varies on the image size being displayed.. to me it would be better if that navigation was on the top aswel as the bottom of a full size image.

Well I do like the ggmania setup... So I don't think there is anything short of a complete redesign to the site that is needed.. though you should have sorted out that spam problem earlier Smile I had no idea comment/forum registrations had been cut off for so long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> This website - Changes, Bugs, Suggestions~ All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: