Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No Modern Warfare 2 PC Dedicated Server? [27991]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: No Modern Warfare 2 PC Dedicated Server? [27991] Reply with quote

There is a rumor circulating the
forums that Infinity Ward has basically crippled the online aspects of
Modern Warfare 2 for PC by opting for \'console\' styled matchmaking, not
releasing dedicated servers, locking the game to prevent mod maps, etc.

Some of you may have already seen the news but for those of you

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what complete utter fucking retards, did they get console-tarded what!

"Full integration into Steam"

so they are tying this to that steaming pile of shite? right well that is death nail for it.

One of the good reasons to like COD was it kept the oldskool quake style cdkey verification. none of this steaming crap bullshit to have to run aswel, load up, run in the background, update, zzzz wait, zzzz, fucking wait.. oh finally get into the actual game...zzzzz fuck that shit.

gone are the days of loading up a standalone game for some quick multiplayer action with server browser and dedicated servers.

well definitely not buying that crippled turd.
JamieKirby

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
wow what complete utter fucking retards, did they get console-tarded what!

"Full integration into Steam"

so they are tying this to that steaming pile of shite? right well that is death nail for it.

One of the good reasons to like COD was it kept the oldskool quake style cdkey verification. none of this steaming crap bullshit to have to run aswel, load up, run in the background, update, zzzz wait, zzzz, fucking wait.. oh finally get into the actual game...zzzzz fuck that shit.

gone are the days of loading up a standalone game for some quick multiplayer action with server browser and dedicated servers.

well definitely not buying that crippled turd.

Well first, i never played multiplayer games like this, since its mostly played by idiots that don't take it seriously enough and cry when they never win and gloat is idiots when they do win.

Steam is a good piece of software, i love it, it works great, no need for CDs/DVDs ever.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Steam is a good piece of software, i love it, it works great, no need for CDs/DVDs ever."

Lolololol - yeh lots of things are 'great' for noobs, you know why? because there fucking clueless.

here this is what I heard you say....

Steam is a good piece of shit, I love it, the ads, random updates that I have to wait for before being allowed to play the game I fucking bought(getting at SP) Love having to load up this bloated junk, oh and I'm such a stupid twat I now think not owning the rights to sell back second hand a physical copy of the game I bought because it turned out to be SHITE, but oh now its tied to my steam account, but Steam has fixed it for me so I don't need to have the dvd in the drive(lol not very bright are ya), now that its infested within my system, feeding valve and co good statistics and providing a nice platform to advertise from, Steam is so convenient for stupid dumbass nubs who don't know anybetter.

There you go.. I could have added a lot more but I think you should get the point noob!

"Well first, i never played multiplayer games like this, since its mostly played by idiots that don't take it seriously enough and cry when they never win and gloat is idiots when they do win. "

first off that doesn't even make sense, you don't play FPS because idiots don't take it seriously?lol? , and cry when they never win? lol? , gloat when they do? lol

are you some fucking noob or what! I have a suspicious feeling you're a consoletard ? is that true?

And for you information I usually always WIN at fps, is that gloating? I don't give a fuck, I'm generally very modest about winning, until idiots like you want to make a big deal about it, and losing a match doesn't upset me, why should it, I win enough times Smile

Now STFU and go back to playing whatever shit you normally play on you're beloved steaming shite platform, this thread was originally about MW2 having ZERO dedicated server for an FPS is just piss poor, its on the same level of retardness that L4D had when it came out on the PC with its fucking epic shite consoltarded match making bullcrap, was nothing but a fucking joke in the faces of PC fps gamers.

Now cod is being tied to steam, which is a piss poor choice considering all previous COD games did quite fine without it. Only 1 reason why third party games get tied to Steam, and that's because the developers have made a Stinker! Just go look at all the big budget fail games that are put onto the steam catalog. ps I'm not getting at smaller developer indie releases being released on steam as it should help them out more.
Jelster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind Koogle, he's not used Steam since HL2 come out and yet is still an expert on how it works or more to his point, doesn't work. His ignorance, his loss.

As for IW, it's not surprising, they've been shitting on the PC since CoD2. There's still money to be made but not nearly as much as will pour into their coffers in November from the consoles. Steam is just another way they can more economically port the game to the PC.

Funny thing though, I thought they'd at least justify the $60 price tag on the PC by giving the DLC for free. Now it seems you're paying a $10 premium to cover their costs of using Steam.

Anyway, this can only be good. Might get people off of their arses and open their eyes. Brink is out next year, that will hopefully be tweaked for the PC rather than being an afterthought.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't mind Koogle, he's not used Steam since HL2 come out and yet is still an expert on how it works or more to his point, doesn't work. His ignorance, his loss"

... since HL2? lol well that is stupid and incorrect ass-umption to make noob.
Jelster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected, I confused your frothy uneducated anti Steam ramblings with someone else on here. Boy do I look stupid.
tub0rg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree this will hurt competetive multiplayer for this game, but honestly the first one was a very casual spray and pray shooter and so will this one be.
so casual truly is their crowd...
ykazka
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upcoming BF is looking more and more promising to me than MW2. Looks like that MW2 is going to be one-time-play game. Thus-no need to buy. They don't really think that steam will prevent piracy and increase sales, do they?
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take a look at FEAR 2. This game will be a piece of shit.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utter shit, i can understand paying for DLC, consoles have to so why dont pc's

but as for no Dedicated servers. thats bs, PC's are about dedicated servers thats why i game on it.

easy to ban cheaters
easy to set up competitive gaming.

without dedicated servers this game isnt something im going to buy i don't care how much i wanted it.

FU IW.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit about PC. You fucking retards, get a fucking console and wake the fuck up. You really think crying into a petition is going to change anything? Holy fuck, PC died years ago. All PC is is a money shithole and a means to connect to work from home.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who gives a shit about PC. You fucking retards, get a fucking console and wake the fuck up. You really think crying into a petition is going to change anything? Holy fuck, PC died years ago. All PC is is a money shithole and a means to connect to work from home."

..... such great 'words of wisdom' there from Tom Very Happy

I can't see anyone doing much 'waking up' by getting a console.

"You really think crying into a petition is going to change anything? Holy fuck"

Well with idiots like you making up the majority probably not. You'll just be that sucker and take what shit is thrown at you.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my fault you can't accept that PC is dead Koogle. I'm not the idiot, I play games with millions of others while you pound away on games that are cheat infested. Wow those increasingly available console ports on PC must be a blast eh? I can play games on keyboard and mouse but I am also superior on gamepad. Too bad the only thing you can do with your fingers is pick your nose and pick your ass. Certainly the years haven't made you smarter, you still come off on your posts as a total ass wipe who knows nothing. Few others on here, no change either eh. I guess HX is desperate for anyone on his site.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC gaming is not dead, its just not seen as mainstream, and if you look at what mainstream means, it tends to suggest stupid people, suckers, noobs, oh and casual gamers etc all those things.. So I'm really not bothered, PC gamers expect more quality, and not getting ripped off for crap, and watered down rubbish with lame game mechanics like achievement collecting etc etc

" Wow those increasingly available console ports on PC must be a blast eh?"

I don't buy shoddy console ports. So really not bothered by missing on that stuff. However custom maps, mods, increased customization. yup I don't miss on those things with decent games, do you? oh you don't have much choice, you buy those DLC packs- well good for you Smile

"I'm not the idiot, I play games with millions of others while you pound away on games that are cheat infested. "

I'd really question that first part, play games with millions? eer right whatever, as for that cheat infested bit ..heh I'm not going to even go there, as it would go on for a bit, but more could be done about it by developers and gamers both just as much to blame for cheaters, but why bother when you say consoles don't have that problem eh.. its like saying Macs don't have viruses and PC's have loads, well sure but you'd still have to be a noob to be affected by it. Obviously that really bothers you and your paranoia so you're best playing with your gamepad on a level playing field, but that watered down rubbish isn't for everyone... hmmkay. Besides if you're good enough beating 'cheaters' without cheating, makes you the better player Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: