Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

WindowXP or VISTA for Gaming machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varvarra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: WindowXP or VISTA for Gaming machine Reply with quote

It's been 3 years since my last PC upgrade and the Tax Cheque is coming in. With the X38 Chipset around the corner and 1333Mhz INtel CPU's just out I thought now is as good a time as any to upgrade (i.e Build a new system).

Now I am running VISTA on my 'old' gaming rig with no games installed as the old 6800GT has been relegated to 'Web Page renderer' and a PS3 is feeding my gaming urges. I know this is a very basic question but what OS to use for a pure gaming rig?

I have about 180 PC Games of which I'd probably install 50 games ranging from System Shock 2 right through to FEAR, PREY, C&C3 & Stalker. I have followed the Driver threads and it seems VISTA still suffers performance problems (But is improving). I have still yet to play PREY, FEAR or OBLIVION (I know but my poor system would never do them justice).

What say you fellow gamers - WindowsXP or VISTA for gaming? System will have a 3.0Ghz Core Duo 2 CPU (6850), 8800GTX (Non-SLi for now) and about 4 Gig Memory.

Thanks for your time. Smile
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista for sure, the crap that it eats TONS of sys resources are total BS. All it needs is 2GB ram and your PC will run much smoother than on XP(doesn't matter what CPU or VGA you have).
cl0k
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now u can try with windows 7 it work better
Justin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
My vote goes to Vista if you have to select from Windows XP/Vista, but if got to select from any Windows Operating Systems it has be Windows 7 without a doubt. It has much better visuals and provides a better working environment than Vista.
Justin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
My vote goes to Vista if you have to select from Windows XP/Vista, but if got to select from any Windows Operating Systems it has be Windows 7 without a doubt. It has much better visuals and provides a better working environment than Vista.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows Server All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: