Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

XBOX 360 worth it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Next-Gen Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
murrey
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 worth it? Reply with quote

I've been considering getting a 360, is it really worth it at this time?
I've played GoW single player before and had a blast...I hear it's a riot online.
What else is there worth the time on it? Looking for a deep RPG with good graphics (already got Oblivion on PC). Is Project Gotham good?

Was also thinking a PS3 instead, but I really don't see any titles that will interest me that are out right now. I can always buy this thing later if the game situation changes.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Xbox360 has good games atm, however it also has the biggest brake down rate in the history of consoles(33% i belive) with some people having chnaged 12 consoles.

I'd personally go with the PS3 cuz it has very good games coming this winter Twisted Evil with near 0% brake down, Blu-Ray, Linux!!!! And a ton of goodies the box can only dream of Twisted Evil

But hey i'm a sony fanboy so... the choice is yours.
Justin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Murrey,
I would prefer to have X360. It has a very wide range of games to play and have fun. PS3 on the contrary also has many but I think XBOX 360 has an upper hand here. Even my friends love gaming on XBOX 360 than on PS3. Anyway it upon you to decide which one better suits you as there are exceptions.You may have different preferences to look for before buying a console. Good luck and happy gaming!
thomaslatfield
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My xbox 360 broke down on me so i guess i am part of the 33% that had the same problem. I just went and got a replacement so it was no big deal. Project Gotham racing was really good. I suggest you try it if you really like racing games.

Go with the xbox for now, its cheaper. I am waiting for the PS3 to drop in price before i get it.
carlos vaugn
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't trust Microsoft products, so I would recommend a PS3. I have the console and I absolutely love it. I have been playing games with it for over 2 years now and I haven't had any issues at all. You should buy one to experience absolute gaming pleasure. And when you do, buy the God of War 3 game!

Carlos Vaugn
Febo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got both of the named consoles but if you have not an Xbox live in you'r country supported don't even bother to buy it. I made a big mistake to buy a Xbox360 since here in my country the xbox live is not supported and you can't download games, demos or reedem codes for your games but you can still play online, still half of the service which Microsoft offers ain't useable and ain't worth the money which of course you have to pay for it otherwise xbox360 has a better online service than the playstation network "PSN".
On the other hand PS3 has a better grafic in games, especially in games that are only for PS3. About the technical difficulties i had none, the xbox360 is 1 and half year old and runs fine my ps3 is 3 years old and also runs fine, maybe i'm lucky or just due i keep them dust free and don't overheat them too much which are the main reasons why a hardware can bacome trash.

About RPG, i'll tell you the good rpg are meant to be played on a PC ( the wicher 2 ) but in this case Mass Effect 1 and 2 are a blast, oblivion 2 which will came out soon will be also good and maybe final fantasy if you like anime or sorta. I recommend Read dead redemption and Gta 4 complete edtion worth the money and time. Just my thoughts
Wink
tapangkar
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the newest xbox 360 console generation called? I'd also like to know what it looks like, it's accessories and memory sizes. Also, I have an old xbox 360 with a detatchable 12 gig hard drive, can I transfer the game data to the newer xbox model?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Next-Gen Consoles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: