Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No Co-op In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. After All? [16719]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: No Co-op In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. After All? [16719] Reply with quote

A few days ago several games sites reported that the co-op mode of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl would be delivered via a patch after the release of the game. As the

fan site Oblivion-Lost.com found out from GSC Game World's Senior PR Manager, Oleg Yavorsky, this is wrong. Currently, there are no concret

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I dont understand is why they can't even consider implementing a co-op mode after they are satisifed with the finished product.
it's obvious people REALLY want it, why not for once say yes instead of the usual response of 'sorry there are no plans'. all we do is hear the same from a company whenever people ask for stuff'.
true they have to sacrifice features to get the game out in time, and there is always the excuse of "SDK and modding community can make such a feature possible" but that never ends up being reality.
even if co-op was optimised mainly for extremely fast connections and LAN, it would still be a great thing to have.
it's not a matter of bloating a game or sounding greedy, it's a question of making the most out of what WILL be an excellent game, only to make it a certain classic because of variety and longativity.
either way I don't personally mind if it isn't in the game, it would just be nice to finally see a company take a big step and implement co-op to great effect.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Co-Op would have been cool, but I can live without it, as I am so used to games coming out without it. It would be cool to play it with a friend..
GoutBoy
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely, I mean multiplayer started with co-op. doom, and doom 2 started it off, and quake continued it. Dont get me wrong I love the wonderful story driven single player games, but its just not worth $50 for about a full weekend of gameplay. Unreal 2 was a perfect example of this. Where halo is a perfect example of a title with huge replay value for me only because of the coop. Lets face it, in a world where games like ut2004, BFvietnam, and tribes vengence will dominate any desire for multiplayer gaming, single player games need something more than great graphics, and writing to justify a $50-55 price tag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: