Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Portal is FREE! - Until May 24th [29007]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Portal is FREE! - Until May 24th [29007] Reply with quote

Valve has announced that the very popular puzzle shooter Portal is now free for everyone, as a way of celebrating the launch of Steam for Mac:

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they\'re entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created b

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Valve you're really giving away an awful lot here lol ...NOT

this works out better at getting bringing in more potential customers to use and install that steaming shit client. I don't think bothered to run steam in months now, I wonder how updates I'll have to go through.
doodah

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One, as that's one of the nice things Steam sorts out for you.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sure just one update Smile start steam, wait loading, update wait, restart wait, load wait

yup and then depending on the game you might have some more update waiting to do.

It used to be quicker to just download the updates yourself, use them and store for later use. Especially for singleplayer games now, its a mandatory requirement to update. If I didn't want to update the game again I'd now have to backup the entire fucking game contents or download the whole fucking lot.

It was nice to completely avoid the whole steaming shit client advertising middle man platform that prevents you from just getting to your games!

Not to mention a fucking load benefits not using steam allowed. Like being able to install your games where you fucking want and not having it buried within a bunch steaming shitapps subfolders etc or having to do workarounds.

etc etc etc etc etc

I'm sure there was something good about steam, but I seem to having forgot what with how shitting useless most of it is, and looks.
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how those that hate it and complain about it the most have barely used it or spent any time with it.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that's not true...

Of course I use it, not exactly a lot to it, I just don't like running it much therefore I don't...You could say it does put me off even bothering with multiplayer games like tf2 etc. Quicker to just play another game online. So I do own games on it, mainly all of valves games only because I wouldn't buy any other game that was tied to that junk....and the stuff I had to say about the recent-ish steam beta should be more than enough to get the point across I know what I'm talking about when I call out shit design improvements and changes.
Bluerippin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a fucking life Koogle, all you do is piss and moan about everything, It was amusing at first but now you just get on everyones nerves.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya no kidding. Ya just want to smack him upside his head. Rolling Eyes
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluerippin wrote:
Get a fucking life Koogle, all you do is piss and moan about everything, It was amusing at first but now you just get on everyones nerves.

Oh fuck off you dimwitted retard! Did I hit a nerve pissing on that steaming shit you must like?

Tom not you at it again?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't resist dude.. And he has a point. STFU you whiner LOL. All you do is whine like a little kid who has some chip on his shoulder. Did mommy and daddy spank you too much or something?
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

if my 'complaining' about whatever shit I choose, winds up you complacent whining idiots so much...

...then stop reading, and go on with ignorance as you're not actually contributing fuck all either, especially by telling me what I shouldn't be doing.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha! I don't think Hx would want people to stop reading his site just because of some Bipolar freak posting on his site. To be honest Koogle, I am doing a great job of ignoring your comments. I just don't have time in my day to keep up with your stupidity.
Bluerippin
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Rolling Eyes

if my 'complaining' about whatever shit I choose, winds up you complacent whining idiots so much...

...then stop reading, and go on with ignorance as you're not actually contributing fuck all either, especially by telling me what I shouldn't be doing.

It's not the complaining thats the problem, it's that you piss and moan about everything, and refuse to even accept that for the majority of people that use the things you moan about they work exctly as they are expected to. Steam is phenomenally successful with millions of users, and if you want to play games on a PC windows & DirectX is really the only option, and it works well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: