Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Mafia II PC System Requirements [29326]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Mafia II PC System Requirements [29326] Reply with quote

ed system requirements for Mafia II on the PC:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
-  Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (SP2 or later) /
Windows Vista / Windows 7
-  Processor: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (Dual
core) or higher
-  RAM: 1.5 GB
-  Video Card: nVidia

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow
we all know how mafia 1 needed beefy specs.
im not sure i trust these recommended specs
console version for me. just 60$ upgrade. Very Happy

game looks great. lets hope they didn't get cocky after the praise from the first.
PoliticalMaestro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree yessum (apart from the console spiel) the original consumed all the ram you could shove into its gangster mouth. Now the mafia team have purported that 2GB ram is adequate for the "recommended settings" is absolutely preposterous !

Dual Gfx cards yeah right, i enjoy games but not to that extent where i have a dedicated Physx GTX card running in unison with a 260. Maybe this was expected instead of utilizing the abundant and cost effective system ram they want you to buy more expensive gfx cards ! What happened to working these 64bit i7 8 cores FFS come on you lazy gimps stop coding like a corporate whore, there's a depression don't they know ?
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 2gb is recommended is fair obviously 3gb+ is probably what the recommended should be though, with 2gb being mid, 1.5gb low. Although when you think about it they have to optimize the engine for the consoles which have pathetic amounts of ram in comparison to most gamers PCs. The bottle neck in ram will be more in wanting high resolution textures on a gfx card without enough gpu ram.

Having loads of pc ram and a slow cpu/gfx card isn't going to benefit this game.

And I don't buy into the 2xgfx card crap, personaly 1x really good gfx/cpu is better, 2x is just mostly wasted (unless you all you do is gaming) due to the fact drivers are shit and they don't even benefit production apps in the slightest.

best to just have a quad cpu if you want "PHYSX & APEX ENHANCEMENTS "

what surprises me is that the min recommended PHYSX gfx card is NVIDIA 9800GTX, surely an 8series card should be adequate for physx with a 9series for gfx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: