Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Kinect creator: Hardly anyone plays FPS on the PC [29706]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psychoo wrote:
well, all that developers have to do is make CoD6 a cross platform multiplayer fps, so PC players can play against console players and watch their tears flow on youtube videos, like "leave britney alone!!" converted to "leave xbox players alone!!" Very Happy

Seriously what has that got to do with anything man? I doubt you will ever see a cross-platform FPS ever. I know I wouldn't buy one. It makes no fucking sense at all. No fucking duh a guy with a mouse can aim faster and more precisely. That goes without saying period. That says nothing about how console is leaving PC FPS gamers in the dust. Console is easily the platform where more people play FPS these days and anyone with a console and a PC knows that period. To argue it shows how much of an idiot you are.

I'm not a PC basher, I have a great gaming PC, not some fabled $300 or $500 POS a real gaming PC capable of playing games as intended at resolutions above and beyond 1900x1200 without compromise. Why the fuck would I buy a PC where the graphics would be worse than a fucking console? And to that effect, I'm also a realist and I'm aware of the stats and console has left PC in the dust and anyone who says otherwise is a bloody moron in denial or just trying to push his goods by feeding the misguided even more.

For anyone too that wants to say you can build a PC for $300 or $500 please include all your prices and links for:

LCD (because 9/10 people don't use their TV)
CPU
Motherboard w/wo NIC
Power supply
Case
RAM and quantity
DVD ROM
Video Card
Hard drive
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers

Oh and include tax and shipping costs too eh..yeah.. because that would be required. I await your great gaming rig configurations for $300/$500

A PS3 or an Xbox can be obtained for less than $400 and it works with any old TV you already watch cable TV on. So please fill out the above and show everyone how you can buy a $300 or $500 gaming PC. If you can't and just want to shoot your mouth off that you can, stfu and quit wasting peoples time with your fantasies of how you can build a PC for less than a console. Sick and tired of you dickweeds that act like you know something and shoot your mouth off and prove ZERO.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
psychoo wrote:
well, all that developers have to do is make CoD6 a cross platform multiplayer fps, so PC players can play against console players and watch their tears flow on youtube videos, like "leave britney alone!!" converted to "leave xbox players alone!!" Very Happy

Seriously what has that got to do with anything man? I doubt you will ever see a cross-platform FPS ever.

Had to sign up to answer this one.

You are forgetting Quake 3 Arena. It came out on the PC, then on the Dreamcast. Then it was announced that they would merge the servers so that console and PC players could compete. The old "mouse/kb is faster" argument came up right away and DC players harped on about how it was all rubbish and they would own the PC players. I think it lasted a week before the DC crowd were complaining and wanted the servers split again because the top ranks were all PC players (you could tell because the PC version allowed for longer char names). I was nowhere near the top ranks and very few DC players gave me much trouble.

Yes it is true that the PC is more expensive but the fact remain that the reason is because we have the latest hardware. Consoles are out of date the second they ship to stores (a PC is out of date by the time you switch it on) but at least we can add newer hardware later without buying a whole new console. The xbox has a DX9 gfx chip (2002 called and wants it's hardware back) and you can build an xbox-level PC for your $500 easy as the hardware is crap, a PS3 level machine will cost more though i will give you that.

I would agree that more FPS games are played on consoles these days and that is for 1 simple reason. PC players got bored of these watered-down COD/MOH clones 10 years ago. Now add that the console is a much more "stable" platform to develop for. Every xbox/ps3 has the same hardware so you don't have the problem where developers have to try and make it run on multitudes of hardware configurations. This just makes sense to "lazy" developers as half the headache of developing for the PC comes from the varitey of hardware. Piracy is harder and so more sales are generated. This led to developers leaning towards consoles as their development platform and then porting (badly) to the PC. This further turned PC players off those games as the ports suck so horribly. In most cases they don't even translate the button configs and the number of times i'm told in a game "press A to do blah" which completely ruins the games.

There is almost no innovation in the FPS world anymore, certainly not on consoles, and the games are all practically identical. There was a joke/news piece posted here recently about E3 where they compared 2 new FPS games and the screenshots looked identical, same level design, same weapons and everything. The real truth is that game budgets have got to the point where only the really big studios can compete and non of them want to take risks, the next few FPS games will all be the latest incarnation of COD/MOH in the same way that sports games just tweak the same game and put the current year on the end of the title.

Being an older gamer i remember when adventure games, puzzle games, flight sims and RTS games were all big titles in addition to FPS games, RPGs and racers. That era pretty much ended with the PS1 when consoles became popular and the general public started getting consoles rather than just geeks and kids. The console generation seem to have no interest in games that make you think, it's all about big explosions and driving fast and games that don't conform to that are almost never in the AAA title bracket on consoles.

So, to put it bluntly yes i would agree that more FPS games are played on consoles. The games are mostly watered-down, repetative re-hashes of the same games i was playing 10 years ago (with prettier graphics) and so seasoned gamers like myself have no interest in them as we have done them to death. I have access to both xbox and PS3 and i play neither nor would i buy one when i could spend the cash on a new rig or components. The console online games are filled with angry, foul mouthed 12 year olds and i don't find that to be a fun experience. You can keep your consoles thanks.

And as for PC gaming being dead, well we have been hearing that for years and guess what... we are still here and still gaming.

And guess which platform new, fresh indie games come out on first? The one that you don't need an expensive Microsoft/Sony licence and dev kit to develop on. Only AFTER that do they make their way to the consoles and get largely ignored by what almost all older gamers consider to be the ADD crowd (omg, nothing blew up or died in a whole minute, this is boring!).

EDIT: And i can't list an xbox-level rig as i refuse to dumpster-dive for DX9 hardware, i'm not a hobo. Also you almost never buy a full rig it's almost always upgrades and the price is harder to spec.

This was the very first rig i checked in the budget section of my local, i didn't even shop around:

- Case: Hades Case
- Power Supply: 450W
- CPU: Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz (Clarkdale)
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard
- Cooler: Intel Approved Cooler
- RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
- Graphics Card: Geforce 260GTX Super Overclocked edition 1024MB
- Sound: High Definition 7.1 Onboard Sound Card
- Optical Drive: LG GH22NS50 22x DVD+RW SATA ReWriter

That's a shade over $700, DX10, far beyond xbox specs and not far from ps3 level HD gaming. Now assuming i was just upgrading the board, ram, cpu and gfx card as i have the rest already (pretty normal for a PC gamer) i'm well under your $500 even including shipping. And it's not even accounting for overclocking.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you raise good (additional) points and you talk with a brain on your shoulder, but like others here you conveniently steer around the PC cost issues.

I'm not going to argue the console vs PC competitions dude. I know a PC gamer would kill a console. Not debatable. But also not the point. My point was purely that people will game on a console these days instead of a PC. PC gaming is NOTHING like it used to be. This generation of console, be it that they are outdated upon release still killed off PC gaming interests. The majority of gamers today that play FPS play it on a console and they do that because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg and it's literally cheat free. PC is nothing but a shitpile these days. There is shit protection out there and zero honesty and game companies that don't give a shit about PC but claim too.

As for you PC specs you do not show prices. Am I just supposed to take your word for it? LOL! What about taxes? And where is the keyboard, mouse, LCD, Operating system?? What? I just put this together and I can game? Uhh.. no.

Don't give me the BS or generalize that all most have to do is upgrade.. For some sure, but for others they would have to buy an entire PC. These people claim you can build a gaming pc for $300 etc. Which is total BS. Ya you can build an utter piece of shit PC sure.. but not a gaming PC. You know it and I know it. I don't call gaming on a PC at 640x480 or 800x600 gaming. I also don't call gaming on a PC where you have to turn off all the eye candy.

- Case: Hades Case
- Power Supply: 450W
- CPU: Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz (Clarkdale)
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard
- Cooler: Intel Approved Cooler
- RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
- Graphics Card: Geforce 260GTX Super Overclocked edition 1024MB
- Sound: High Definition 7.1 Onboard Sound Card
- Optical Drive: LG GH22NS50 22x DVD+RW SATA ReWriter

So I ask again, where is the LCD, keyboard, mouse and OS factored in here. A person is just going to have a LCD kicking around? So add that on and you are well over $800. And again, how about taxes? Do you live in a tax free country or something?

My Xbox 360 Elite cost me $389 "NEW" after taxes.
My PS3 cost me $450 and it's a fat one. The slim is much cheaper with a bigger drive than my antique PS3.

Fact is, if you want a decent gaming machine that you won't be running games at shit quality or faced with upgrading you have to spend well over a $1000 easy. Some retards in this thread will diss me and sling shit but you will see they never come and prove their bs. That's the difference between me and them. I say it like it is and most here bullshit so much their face turns brown.

P.S. A friend of mine who like to think like these other clowns thought he too could build a PC for $500. At the start he said, Tom, all I have is $500. You know what? In the end he realized for $500 he could maybe do it (but like these other idiots he didn't factor in lots of things) but he realized it would be a POS so in the end he spent nearly $1400 for a decent PC, after taxes and shipping and he had to put it together himself.
raven99
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tom"]LOL! A lot of people sure piss their day at work or on pogey eh?! LOL! I am not going to play the flame game, I got more important things to do today than educate a bunch or morons. Sorry but fps in general are played more on console than on FPS. Just throwing up a stat on BC2 means jack shit it's also not reflective of truly how many people are playing. A lot of people play unranked as well. I have about 3 or 4 fps on console and they are all played way more than on PC. Some don't even exist on PC because developers couldn't give a shit about a always pirated system that brings ZERO profit.

It's amazing how much you fire off those ignorant comments Tom, but against you never provide anything to prove you point. So all you words basically prove it that you're talking out your other end. Because you play your FPS on a useless console obviously means that everyone else must also and that's all the numbers and fact you need. You cant put two words on a post with out insulting everyone else who disagrees with you're opinion, which makes you sound just a unintelligent as the people who flame you. You and koogle are two peas in a pod people don't see it you're way they are obviously retards and morons.

Grow up

You whine like a whipped dog
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that nobody looked over to so-well-hated STEAM... 62K players for CS:S per day, same goes for COD2MW, CS to name the top 3. PC-FPS is dead,... sure, on the same day more MMORPG is played more on consoles than on PC´s (and that´s where the money is, ask Blizzard) and that will take it´s time.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven99 wrote:

It's amazing how much you fire off those ignorant comments Tom, but against you never provide anything to prove you point. So all you words basically prove it that you're talking out your other end. Because you play your FPS on a useless console obviously means that everyone else must also and that's all the numbers and fact you need. You cant put two words on a post with out insulting everyone else who disagrees with you're opinion, which makes you sound just a unintelligent as the people who flame you. You and koogle are two peas in a pod people don't see it you're way they are obviously retards and morons.

Grow up

You whine like a whipped dog

It's not opinion, it's fact. Wink Everything I have stated is fact.

- Prove FPS on PC is stronger than on console. It isn't. Literally nothing on PC holds a candle to the communities behind console.

- Prove PC does better in gaming than console. It doesn't even come close. Show me PC games that publishers made more money over console. Not including Gaycraft. Not gonna happen.

- Prove you can build a worthy gaming PC for $300 or even $500, including taxes and shipping. A complete system and not just the core. Not gonna happen, it's gonna be a piece of shit that games will look like shit on.

- Prove otherwise that these retards (you know who you are) above me don't always sling shit and prove shit.

Facts not opinion. Wake up. You need to learn what the difference is between opinion and facts.

Like the other thread, I will just check back and no longer participate here because like you said, I said enough. I wait for these brainchilds to prove ANYTHING I've stated to be wrong, with facts. And just like the other threads, they will disappear because when it comes down to it, all these people on this site do is throw bs around and disappear until they can start another flame war in another thread and show their retardedness once again.

WilderWein wrote:
Funny that nobody looked over to so-well-hated STEAM... 62K players for CS:S per day, same goes for COD2MW, CS to name the top 3. PC-FPS is dead,... sure, on the same day more MMORPG is played more on consoles than on PC´s (and that´s where the money is, ask Blizzard) and that will take it´s time.

For a Windows system, the minimum World of Warcraft system requirements are as follows:
- Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz processor
- at least 512 MB of RAM,
- 32 MB graphics card,
- DirectX 9.0,
- 6.0 GB of hard drive space
- 4x CD-ROM
- 56k internet connection.

CS: Source and that other garbage.

Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8.1 level Graphics Card (Requires support for SSE), Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Get with it fella. That's why you see lots of people playing it. And then when they are done, they go to their console. People playing this garbage on PC wont likely dish out a grand to play "today's" games...

COD MW2, well that's a different story and I play it and there isn't that many people playing it. Actually.. so if that's all you got your arguement to my facts are they are pretty weak.
yessum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's fantastic is how arrogant and incredibly dumb pc gamers often are.
numbers are huge. css has huge numbers. since its beginning. along with other fps on pc. a lot of those are same gamers. same gamers since dod (:s) cs tfc and quake 2 and quake 3 and ut. These gamers are still gamers. But they're old. Too old for anything decent. And the attitude that comes with you guys... seriously. It's worse than of a fetus about to be yanked from its womb.

Who gives a fuck? Who complains so much? Who has their heads so far up their asses that they can't see the actual point. Mainly pc gamers.

Gaming is meant to be fun. You have more, far more, decent/honest/functional gamers on the consoles than on pc. On pc, you have twats, underage fags, vets, and people who will never ever ever ever buy a console because it's for "dumb" people.

Pc games nowadays are mostly ports. Console games are dominating the market because every time a kid turns 13 he gets a console. Consoles are cheaper, easier to use, and they have a wide variety of games.

PC gaming is now a niche market. Very small. (IF YOU GIVES ME NUMBERS THAT SAY OTHERWISE, SHOVE THEM UP YOUR FUCKING ASS AND STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD)

Pc gaming has the same people, the same gamers, the same everything. You will not, and i meant his sincerely, find a decent, honest pc gamer under the age of 24 (thats not a brainwashed pc lover). And their numbers shrink yearly. Jobs/Girlfriends/Family. Those issues aren't issues with consoles. Anyone can buy a console, pick up a console, play for 30 minutes, get on with their lives. If you have a family... even better. if you have a girlfriend... she can play too. Can't do that on pc anymore. lol

Pc gaming takes time. Takes effort.
Console gaming just requires an HDMI cable.

And pc gaming is dying. The devoted fanbase is now in their at least 20s. Soon to become responsible adults. Any over the 25 year pc gamer that plays a shit load, either has no girlfriend, no job, no financial responsibility. Pc gaming singles people out. it's a 'cool' club. And it's shrinking.

Console gaming is growing because every year console sales go through the roof. Every child wants a console, they get a console, they become a console gamer.

There really is NOTHING on pc. RTS/RPG/MMOs/FPS... yeah if you're a fat slob with nothing between his legs then yeah, pc has a lot to offer.

But back in the day pc gaming was vibrant. Amazing. Revolutionary. Incredible. Now, pc gaming is dusty, foggy, muggy, disgusting, weak, pathetic, simple.

console games keep on improving. console gamer base keeps on growing.

Oh, and a side note. A lot of pc gamers also are console gamers and sometimes buy a copy of each game. I own MW2 for pc and xbox. Along with other games.

It's lol.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i will admit that your first dip into the PC world will be slightly more expensive when you add the cost of the mouse, keyboard and monitor but my point is once you have got your first rig things get less expensive in the long run as you don't need to replace your keyboard, mouse or monitor every 3 years or so. My example from before was based around my last upgrade a while back which was slightly above the usual as i replaced the whole box at the time rather than just board, ram and chip (i always do gfx card and the core bundle at different times to spread the cost).

Tom wrote:
- Prove FPS on PC is stronger than on console. It isn't. Literally nothing on PC holds a candle to the communities behind console.

In my last post i pretty much agreed with you on this simply because on average the console user base is larger due to the points i made. The quality of the community has to factor in though and even console owners have to admit that online console games are probably more riddled with asshats than the PC (which is far from immune to these people).

Tom wrote:
- Prove PC does better in gaming than console. It doesn't even come close. Show me PC games that publishers made more money over console. Not including Gaycraft. Not gonna happen.

Since you mention the quality of the games sucking on a low-end pc, which it does, the opposite is true at the other end. A top-spec (of even upper mid-tier) PC actually looks better than the consoles. I have seen several comparisons here and the xbox always comes last with the top usually being the PC. This is noramally down to the available video memory available for textures and as the PC has more video memory available textures are generally higher resolution and crisper on the PC. Char textures and foliage are the 2 areas that always seem to be lower quality on the consoles.

Here is one example (i know there are several here i can't find now) and there are lots more around.
http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6239466/index.html

Tom wrote:
- Prove you can build a worthy gaming PC for $300 or even $500, including taxes and shipping. A complete system and not just the core. Not gonna happen, it's gonna be a piece of shit that games will look like shit on.

Not for your first buy no but a year or two in you drop in a new gfx card or replace the board/ram/cpu as a bundle and the cost is much smaller.

Tom wrote:
- Prove otherwise that these retards (you know who you are) above me don't always sling shit and prove shit.

Well they give no proof or credible argument in most cases. You have me there xP

I didn't post anything other than rough prices before because i didn't know if external linking is allowed, but ok (remember this was the first place i checked so i didn't shop around). These are UK prices so it does depend on exchange rates and hey, it's always cheaper to source your own components and build your own.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-270-OK&groupid=43&catid=1078&subcat=

That comes in at $523.06 on current exchange rates and the gfx card was $218.59. Annoyingly they don't sell it anymore and i can't find 1gb versions elsewhere now but it was the gigbyte super OC (which i just retired for a 285 OC2 i got cheap from a friend who upgraded).

Typically i will upgrade the gfx card every 2-3 years and the same with the core bundle.

It is true that the PC will set you back a little more but the whole myth that a good gaming rig will cost $1000-$2000 is really just wrong. Your first one maybe but any hardcore PC gamer will always upgrade in small increments after buying the whole set. The "maintenance" to keep you at a decent level will be around $500-$700 every 3 years or so which isn't actually that much more than you would pay for a brand new console close to launch date (unless you want to go silly with top-tier quad-SLI). Most PC gamers i know started with a crappy $500 PC and slowly built on it but that isn't really the point of the debate as unless it runs smoothly at 1280x1024+ at full detail it isn't really a comparison.

For me, given that my pc does a whole lot more than just gaming, textures generally look better and i'm not locked to my TV's framerate i would go PC over console every time and i know many people that go the same way. I would still have a crappy $500 PC even if i owned a console so sticking an extra $300-$400 in it to get HD gaming in as well really isn't overpriced. It may just be an age thing (i don't know many people in their early teens/twenties if i am honest) but very few people i know even own consoles and are all PC gamers. I guess in my age bracket (30+) cost is less of an issue too which is probably a significant factor.

You do also have a point about the OS licence too, i do tend to forget about that but given that XP is nearly 10 years old and Win7 home basic is not much over $100 it isn't a huge cost to pay every 10 years (which is how long it will be until MS release another decent OS or linux gaming catches up).

yessum wrote:
These gamers are still gamers. But they're old. Too old for anything decent. And the attitude that comes with you guys... seriously. It's worse than of a fetus about to be yanked from its womb.

I'm too old for anything decent? I have attitude? Well i came up with decent, balanced debate that actually has some credible and intelligent points (at least i think so). You come up with insults backed up by nothing more than other insults. I think you have actually just proved my point for me, thank you good sir.
Renton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we? Corporate leechers or gamers? As I said before I own the 3 platforms (Wii isnt even on the map for me) and when a game I happen to like appears to be only in console I grab it, otherwise I always go for the PC version. Because it always looks a lot better, have some degree of control over it (or a lot in the case of mod tools) and I freaking hate the discs and cases (yeah, I'm a Steam lover).

I'm not an RTS/MMORPG gamer, never like those kind of games. Same goes to the sports and fight ones.

Why can we everybody just play what we like the way we like without looking at an NPD sale chart? Who the fuck cares how many zilillions copies of Modern Lolfail 3 CrapyVision sells in the fourth quarter? Are everybody holding stocks from EA? OH NO! Jimmy Jones says PC gaming is dead, so tomorow I'm going to make a Barbacue of my gaming rig. Fuck Jimmy Jones, fuck Tom, Fuck Yessum, fuck Koogle, fuck Kudo Tsunoda and fuck everyone who cant think for themselves. It appears that if nobody say to them "that's fun" they are unable to enjoy anything.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, we gave you the prices. Also, we told you that you are comparing ps3 graphics (dragon age for example, 30fps, 1920x1080 (I am not sure if it is NOT an upscale like a lot of games on PS3) no AA, no AF, no advanced shaders etc. versus 1000+ $ PC that you say you need to play same games, you are disregarding that PC for that money will play DA on max settings, unreachable by PS3, with AA + bunch of other crap, if you add decent sound card (why not, 70$ for x-fi fatlity with less memory which you really don;t even need) it will even sound better than on PS3.

Just because 50% of people drive junk cars doesn't mean BMW sucks and is dying ffs...

PS. It's not my problem that you cannot find cheaper hardware or make a bargain etc. I can get PS3 here for ~180-200 euros with few games in the pack, sure, it's used but under warranty - who cares?
If YOU don't have time for search/research, then just buy what you buy, it is meant to be more expensive if you don't put effort into it.

Quote:
PC for $300 or even $500, including taxes and shipping.

get your lazy ass up to the store, what fucking shipping lol. You are dumping your cash around, no wonder you can get decent prices when you expect to be SERVED like some royalty lol...man...I wish I had the cash to dump around like that....damn :/

edit:

http://www.gigatronshop.com/products/show_product/21292/2

there you go. Tom Razz offical euro/RSD (dinar) exchange is ~105rsd for 1 euro so calculate. That half-crap computer will play games with same visual quality that your PS3 does and do lot more stuff for 300 euros.

for 500€ http://www.gigatronshop.com/products/show_product/19171/2 this will cook your PS3 for launch (joking Wink )

with shipping to USA it will cost you some 250euros more, so I guess you still hold your point, you can't get it for 300~500$/€
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poasting in longest thread on this site evar!
psychoo
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yessum, you learned well the homework for console marketing Smile but nothing more unfortunately.

"Pc gaming takes time. Takes effort.
Console gaming just requires an HDMI cable."

so it's good for the dumb masses. i agree in that.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the shit systems posted. Razz Yeah lets buy a POS PC that will play shit and is made with shit parts, lets buy something that we definitely will continue to sink money into. This was the best you could do? Wow, Oh and I love the laptop one..Hey everyone, lets go buy a shit laptop so 1 year from now its a worthless piece of junk that maybe I can only send e-mail with.. Rolling Eyes

You lost before you began but some of you just don't get it. A PC will always cost more than a console and that's why people couldn't give a shit about PC gaming. And why would anybody in their right mind, especially new to gaming fork out the cash required to build a PC only to play cheat infested games? Effort? Effort for what? Reading about finding a game that isn't cheat infested? Finding a game that wont bluescreen their system? The proof is in the numbers and console games outsell PC by a HUGE margin. I wont even argue with you lame brains because you just will never get it. You will sit there in denial until there is like 1 game a year released on PC and even still you will probably be like. PC Gaming ain't dead?! C'mon...

In the end the PC is nothing but a waste of money and a glorified tool to go to facebook, post on twitter and check your email. For most people, especially with a console, that's all their PC is used for. Again, thanks for the pathetic $300/$500 system examples. Was quite a good laugh for a first read in the morning.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, you are so fucking narrow minded man.

We had the same conversation in that previous thread.
http://www.ggmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17852&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You were asking again for prices and I built you a system which you don't accept.

Here we go again for a second time

Case 35$ (with offer code)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023

PSU 30$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171046

mobo 45$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157165&cm_re=g41-_-13-157-165-_-Product

RAM 2GB 41$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161172

cpu 70$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116076

4850 1GB 77$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102834R&cm_re=4850-_-14-102-834R-_-Product

HDD 500GB 40$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145299

KB+Mouse 19$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.492690

DVD 20$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

All in all 378$.

How much a PS3 250GB costs?
350$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110057

With half the HDD to boot!

The above system I built for you can do the following

YouTube - SINGULARITY 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - RACE DRIVER GRID 1920x1080 4XAA ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - DIRT 2 BENCHMARK 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - BAD COMPANY 2 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - FEAR 2 1920x1080 4XAA ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - CALL OF DUTY IV 1920x1080 4XAA ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - LOST PLANET 2 BENCHMARK DX9 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - SUPREME COMMANDER 2 1920x1080 ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - MAFIA 2 BENCHMARK 1920x1080 NOAA ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

YouTube - KANE AND LYNCH 2 DOG DAYS 1920x1080 4XAA ATI 4850 @750MHz E6600 @3.0GHz

Do you get more framerate on the PS3? NO

Do you get 1080P on the PS3 with this kind of quality? NO

You are annoyed by tearing? Turn on vsync! Can you do that on the PS3? NO

You want an LCD monitor to go with the PC? Why? Can't you just plug the fucking thing on the TV? Yes you can!

You think that the PC I built for you is too little? OK. Can you reduce the resolution at 720P and jump the framerate by 50%? Yes you can! Can you do the same on the PS3? No, but the developers can. They give you 480P games now and you are happy as a retarded clam.

You want more from this PC? Add another 100$ to the price and get yourself a GTX 460. You instantly get a 50% increase in performance for 1080P resolution. Can you do that on the PS3? LOL you'd wish.

Please do everyone a favor and open your fucking sawed eye lid eyes for once in your life.

Now go back to your non 1:1 pixel mapped, low res, low polygon, low texture games and leave us enjoy our PCs.
Renton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tom:

Live and let live.

If you dont like gaming in the PC anymore why you need to justify yourself? I mean, every topic with you in it is exactly the same. The worst part is that you fill every sentence with so much hate and insults that the facts are lost in translation.

Even if you are right (not saying your arent) theres so much rage in every paragraph that when someone finally finish your posts is wondering if you ever got breast feeded.

Also the reality of the world is so much different of your narrowed pov. You can say gaming in consoles is cheaper in your country, but here we can get a Steam game for the standar USA cost, lets say 50 bucks, and a PS3 or 360 game costs around 125 US dollars and with a 10 day delay. If you are not anxious and wait about 15-30 days from launch a retail copy of a PC game costs around 25-30 US dollars.

The PS3 Slim here costs 575 US Dollars (500 the fat one).
The 360 Slim 490 and 450 the old elite.

For a reference point, the GTX 460 1GB/OC can grab it for 280 US dollars. And we are talking about a beast that can manage full HD resolution with 8-16xTRMSAA, 16xAF and the details maxed out in every game. The only one that cant handle in full detail is Metro 2033 wich I have to turn off ADOA (wich is a lesser feature). But even in medium quality with a 8800GT Metro kick ass on PC compared to the washed out version of consoles. MW2 in 360 makes me wanna puke, the level of detail is horrible, but not at the level of SHIFT in PS3, totally lame. And the games with mod support like FO3 they cant even said that the textures have detailed surfaces, it's all just blurry colors.

Again, I have the 3 platforms and buy games for the 3 of them, so I dont give a shit about blindless fanatism and your Made in the USA Facts.

Last edited by Renton on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: