Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

problem with ATI video card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FX5900

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: problem with ATI video card Reply with quote

Hi, i bought an ATI 9800 XT and now Windows keeps crashing. When i play games i occassionally get graphical glitches, BSOD's and crashes to the desktop. When i put my nVidia MSI FX5900 in, everything works fine. Games work flawlessly, no bugs, and they even look better.

Can anyone explain this??? Rolling Eyes
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, test the integrity of the chips and fan on your card, roll over it a few times in the car and put it back in your machine. That should iron out the problems, if not, keep using your nvidia card. You got a better chance with it anyhow.
FX5900

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks XXXX. Your tip with the car worked! Ironed out all the problems.

Now the 9800XT is completely ******, but it's under warrenty. Best thing is ATI is so stupid they took it back! Maybe they get a lot of cards returned covered in tyre-treadmarks. :rolleyes:
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, always glad to help. Cool p.s. ati puts the cards back in a box and ships it out keeping the lower prices of course. maybe that's why people are having so many problems. certainly can't be drivers cuz ati is the best at that, right?
Ock462
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: You make me wonder Reply with quote

FX5900 do you have 2 accounts and talk to yourself online or are there acually 2 nividiots on this fourm?
FX5900

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont be a tryhard pimp Ock462.

There is only one FX5900. And there i only one XXXX. We are not the same person. But we both own your video card's sorry ass.

xxxx. yeah, ati's drivers are the best. so stable and rock solid.
Rasded
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off what is your sig? Next you say when you put your Nvidia card in it works fine? Did you remeber that when you switch video card companies its advised that you reformat your PC becasue the old drivers can and will conflict.They are still in the registry and can cause major havok.Need more info to help you
SteveWozniak
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use an ATI, follow what Mac users use and use an Nvidia graphics card.
madda
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveWozniak wrote:

i think you got that a little wrong, i have a brand new apple ibook and its running on Ati 32MB card!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasded wrote:
First off what is your sig? Next you say when you put your Nvidia card in it works fine? Did you remeber that when you switch video card companies its advised that you reformat your PC becasue the old drivers can and will conflict.They are still in the registry and can cause major havok.Need more info to help you

Lies. inexperienced user, sure, format. knowledgeable user knows how to go from nvidia to ati and back. whoever told you that hasn't got a clue.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madda wrote:
SteveWozniak wrote:

i think you got that a little wrong, i have a brand new apple ibook and its running on Ati 32MB card!

poor u, uncle has a mac and it has nvidia.
erax0r
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: bleh Reply with quote

Seems people here aren't interested in actually offering any help with your issue. Why post in the support section if you are just wasting someones time? Anyways here is a good forum that has a ton of active users who will be more than willing to help with your problem. Usually I just go there and search for my problem and can find multiple threads with possible fixes.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Also don't just reformat your pc to solve the issue. Sometimes this will be the last possible sollution but there are programs out there designed specifically to remove old drivers (including registry entries). The information for those apps can also be found at rage3d.com.

Hope this helps.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad site. You know what they do at Rage3D.

- if you are negative against ATI. Banned.
- if you try and defend your opinion because others are forcing your opinion. Banned.
- Don't count on mods, they are waiting for you to get mad so they can ban you.
- may be a lot of ATI users there but there are a lot there who will force their opinions on you, flame you, provoke you and in the end you likely wont get support you want.
- Rage3D covets some of their forum goers. If you happen to contest something said by, hmm, someone from EA perhaps posting on their site. Banned.
- They will dump a regular user before any rep even if the rep is lying out his dung hole. I know lots of people and some COMPLETELY innocent that they banned. Rage3D also removes your posts when you are banned. So trying to prove yourself to anyone, fruitless.

You want support, go to DriverHeaven. It's not 100% ATI like Rage3D. Too many ignorant people (laugh, I'm saying this). Rage3D is a Nazi ATI site. If you go to Rage3D site, just don't put anything negative towards ATI and you will be safe. As soon as you talk negative they chalk up your rants and ban you. I haven't been banned there but honestly, I couldn't care less about Rage3D, not since I met the nice people at DH.
innerlogic
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning off FastWrites in your BIOS.

Holy shit, I didnt see the original message was from 2004. D'oh[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Tech / Troubleshooting All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: