Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

New Nintendo Console Debuting At E3 This June [30791]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: New Nintendo Console Debuting At E3 This June [30791] Reply with quote

o declined comment. The publication cited multiple unnamed sources as saying the new home system will be capable of running high-definition graphics, in contrast to the standard TV resolution of the Wii. But Game Informer said it could not confirm if the graphics would be better than that of the Xbox 360 or the Sony Pl

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again.

A new Wii is coming, which will be incrementally better than the current crappy consoles, then new next generation XBOX and PS consoles will come out, still inferior to the PC of the time, but guess what, we will all end up playing the Wii succesor's ports! Rolling Eyes
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Seriously? Even the current gen consoles are better than pc's.
If you're talking graphics... then yes, you are correct. Cause no 400$ 4 year old console can ever compete with a 500$ graphics card (upgraded) once a year) in an aging 1200$ system (always upgraded). It's true. I'll give you that.

Consoles, however, kill the pc in gaming as its the thing they're designed to do. And they do it a tonne better than any pc on the market.

If you go into 30 vs 60 fps... seriously... only a pc gamer trying to justify his or hers latest grand purchase in graphics technology will start that argument whereas no real gamer (who plays on consoles) gives a damn about 30 or 60 fps. A frame drop on 60 is more noticeable than a steady constant 30. It doesn't hurt the eyes. It doesn't cause anything.

And as soon as a console port is on the pc, and it's running poorly, you lot are all OOOOH THEY CAN'T OPTIMIZE THE GAME PROPERLY THE CONSOLE PORT IS LAME AS FUCK... where console kids usually say, maybe you should update your system. The game plays fine on my 5 year old console.

Pc will never, ever catch up to the consoles in the quality and quality of games. Yes there are a lot of gems on the pc, but there as just as much, maybe not as much gems on the consoles. But they're real gems.

As to the new nintendo console. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll be a decent upgrade rather than a gamecube to a wii update. As that was mostly a peripheral update. Great one at that, but with motion control on the top shelf, I hope Nintendo will start showing something that not only plays great, but will look fucking amazing.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Yessum what a gawd damn jacka*s comment..

PCs will always be superior to consoles in terms of whats under the hood. I'm a system builder and a few months after the PS3 came out PCs were already a generation ahead but because consoles make more money for shareholders they get the titles (of course made retarded/dumbed down for PCs but oh well).

Anyway you sound like a "youngen" with such incredibly arrogant uninformed comments about what the latest and mid-level PCs are even these days (let along back a couple years ago). Anyone knows and their frick'n pet gerbil that building a good PC DOES NOT need to cost much but do I remotely need to get into WHAT ELSE a PC does that consoles will never do?

No.. I won't take you back to school.. figure it out.
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a powerful pc is better than a modern console. In what department? There's only one... graphics. That's it. Beefier system. Doesn't mean better. PC's are overall better. But in terms compared only to consoles and their features, pc's lack.

What's under the hood means nothing in terms of gaming... well you know what, it actually does. Ps3/360 games run great on their targeted platforms. On pc's... saying you don't need to fork over a lot of money for a system to handle latest and shiniest games is such a bull shit statement. Fact is, you need to fork more than a current cost of a console. If you were to start from scratch. Something people, like you, don't seem to put into account. I'm not talking about a medium pc to run at highest possible quality settings. Something console do on a daily basis. May not beat the shit out of their counterparts on a pc, but they do run on a highest possible setting.

Consoles dominate the market. Yes. They're also entertainment systems. Designed for entertainment. And that job they perform exceptionally well. And that is why they get the games, they get the developer support, they get the shareholders, they get the funds. Only way you can argue that is if you've never actually played a console for more than 3 weekends.

Gone are the days of true gamers being pc gamers. Simply because now a typical pc gamer is nothing more than a grumpy old man hating on everything console cause they call it dumbed down, and not at all challenging, and easy and designed for the derps still in their diapers.

It's an awesome statement by people who never, again, played a console for more than 3 weekends.

It's really sad when pc gamers call them selves true gamers without actually checking out or even owning a console and actually being a gamer. Pc gamers are just annoying, arrogant, bullshit elitists.

Ps. stating that a pc has more features than a console is also an arrogant statement. Even though it's true. I'm comparing a console for what it is, to a pc, not for what it is, but what it is when used only and mainly for gaming/entertainment purposes.

My ipad has more features than a pc if you want to talk like that.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Yessum

iPad? Hey we have an Apple user here! Applaud everybody! Laughing

Dude seriously, you are supporting this blood sucking, blood thirsty, cock sucking company named Apple and you are calling us arrogant and elitists? wtf?

As for the PC, you can build a PC with twice the money of a console, but with 10 times the horsepower. And yes it will be a PC. You can do everything with it.

You are trying hard to dumb down every technical aspect of gaming. Put some TNT under the gaming evolution ladder while your at it, will ya? Why don't we go back playing Space Invaders or something? Do you think that software alone can do miracles? Do you even think that Space Invaders would be possible if the specs of the time were not available?

Games need good ideas yes. They need innovation yes. Bun in order for all that to happen, you need the hardware to play along with those ideas. If you want proper game complexity, proper AI and proper graphics to go with these, then you need proper hardware. You can't have it any other way.

As for the current gen consoles, well I admire how they have managed to fuck up gaming so much. What I admire most, is how on earth can people be so stupid in order not to see the differences between 30fps and 60fps. Sega and 3dfx have been preaching the importance of high framerate in order to achieve the cinematic effect, for ages and still people have learned nothing. Even an ape with a stroke would see the difference between 30fps and 60fps.

There is a very valid test you can do. Play Dead Space 1 or 2 on a PC with vsync on. You will see that the game gets capped at 30fps. Now play the game again with vsync off. The framerate gets uncapped and you can see 60+ solid fps. Now tell me. Do you freagin see the difference now or not?

Seriously have you ever played Dirt 2 on an XBOX and then play it on a decent PC? Are you serious man? The same goes for one gazillion games more.

Am I not a true gamer because I want quality? Because I want *at least* my HDTV's 1080P 1:1 pixel mapping be preserved and the colors not to bleed from one pixel to the other? Come on what kind of argument is that?

There are some specific reasons that consoles storm the market, but they are far from good reasons. They provide ease of use, I can give you that. Most people are too lazy or too stupid to manage a PC. Also they are cheaper to acquire but their games are more expensive. So all in all, they do not succeed because they are so awesome. They succeed because they address a percentage of the population that is inherently defective. That's all.
kittomer
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yessum wrote:
My ipad has more features than a pc if you want to talk like that.

Hahahaha!
Oh my, that was a good one.

As always, these discussions are pointless. But fun with all their angry grrriness.

Let it just be said that the success of consoles has nothing to do with superior ability or function, but simply with the fact that they are the lowest common denominator.
Every Tom, Dick and Harry (and Mary) can buy, set-up and operate one, no matter if their IQ is below room temperature or not.
Whether this is a good thing or not, I leave to your own consideration.

The price discussion is bollocks also, since everyone who can do some basic math knows that you'll not come out ahead with a console, especially if you want to own more than 4 games and you DO put your brain
into computer upgrades and building.
People always forget the little HD TV you need, too. Of course! "It's there anyways", but I assume it didn't just magically appear in your home one day, but was, in fact, bought (Theoretically, at least.) It also seems to be necessary for a console.

That being said, I do own a PS3, a 360, a PSP, and my wife owned a Wii, and they all are or were just sitting and collecting dust after one or two weeks of vigorous use.

I know both sides of the fence, and I know that if you know what you're doing, learn how to properly use and operate your PC and how to upgrade and build it smartly, you'll have overall a better experience with PCs. I've never had any problems with crashing and instability, "difficult" or failing installations, or any other "common PC problems" everyone is lamenting.

If you want to sum it up, "Consoles are for bros, PCs are for pros." Yo.

Man, I love a good laugh.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Yessum.. d00d, you haven't frick'n gotta clue man. I think yer just hanging around here trying to stir something up opening has-been debates that simply pit consoles vs PC in something which do not exist. You some kind of comic relief for the rest of us or you incredibly ignorant of the way things are in the "real world"? Must be an extension of April Fools..
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet you people call me ignorant and arrogant. Laughing
I can see why there's so much hate toward console gamers.

Sorry, I stated an opinion about gaming without venturing into the whole pc vs console discussion. Laughing

When you kids want to talk about gaming and games and gaming systems then I'll participate. But, if you kids want to talk about how a pc can do things a console can't, then you're a bunch of sorry sods.

Oh, and yes, my ipad can do more than your pc. Just like your pc can do more than my ipad. Just like my xbox is better than you gaming set up. Just like your gaming set up is better than my xbox. As it goes with a ps3/wii/snes/nes/genesis. Every system,every technology has its own identity, its on means of use at which, when properly assembled, do them exceptionally well.

And you guys will sit there going all "wtf is he saying there? is he serious?
Truth is, if you don't understand what i've been saying because you're a pc snob, then honestly all of you are really sad. And you'll never get it. Will grow up old and grumpy and hating the gaming industry. When you really shouldn't.

@pslord... I'm both a pc user (home) mac user (at work)
I don't think you have any idea what a quality game is.
Dead Space test : it doesn't change the gameplay. Just changes your perception of it. I see very well with 30 fps without any issues as i do with 60 or if you're old school... 72.

There hasn't been any good AI in gaming in years. Last good game that had decent AI was deadly dozen for pc (pre patch). Now, AI in gaming has gone to shit. Even on those "PC only" games.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And you guys will sit there going all "wtf is he saying there? is he serious? Truth is, if you don't understand what i've been saying because you're a pc snob, then honestly all of you are really sad. And you'll never get it. Will grow up old and grumpy and hating the gaming industry. When you really shouldn't.
Actually its you who doesn't remotely get it because yer not in the industry as tightly as I am spouting your "tech garbage" about PCs vs Consoles. Leave consoles out of this: PCs have 10x more productivity and flexibility then "fixed platforms" will ever dream of. There should be absolutely no argument here. HOWEVER, in 5-10 years yes that could likely NOT be the case as everything is going tablet and smaller form-factor so in the biz world I can easily see everything replacing lap/net-tops with much smaller more powerful pocket-sized palm-helds. This is just the natural evolution of tech.

I welcome the day when PCs merge with consoles to become more streamlined and unified and cheaper although "effective" business is done mostly on desk/net/lap-tops right now but of course depends on the type of work. Wink

Quote:
There hasn't been any good AI in gaming in years. Last good game that had decent AI was deadly dozen for pc (pre patch). Now, AI in gaming has gone to shit. Even on those "PC only" games.
Couldn't AGREE more. AI has taken a back seat in the industry which is why I wish we had dedicated "AI processors". Sad
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I love these, your stupid PC is better morons. Get your thumbs out of your collective arses.

All you need today in terms of a PC is a laptop or netbook. A full fledged PC is a total fucking waste of money especially for a gaming platform. Only a fucking moron goes out and buys a kraft-dinner quality PC. Only a fucking idiot would tell you that is the way around it.

Couple a netbook with a Blackberry, Android or iPhone(yuck), iPad(yuck) and a PC is nothing you need anymore.

Gaming left PC's a long time ago. Only shit console ports, poorly supported shit comes out on PC. Who the fuck wants to game these days on that shit? Only a fucking moron in denial would say otherwise. Only a fucking idiot would go out and buy el'cheapo parts for their PC to game with.

Don't waste my time replying with your BS about cheap PC's because I really couldn't give a shit. Don't try and tell me (a PC gamer for +20 years) I don't know what I'm talking about. Like I said, get your thumb out of your arse and wake the fuck up.

More directly to this news story.. I look forward to the next Wii console.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All you need today in terms of a PC is a laptop or netbook. A full fledged PC is a total fucking waste of money especially for a gaming platform. Only a fucking moron goes out and buys a kraft-dinner quality PC. Only a fucking [censored] would tell you that is the way around it.
Well we know where you have always stood, Tom although I'm not gonna rebut that considering what it takes these days to buy a low-to-mid level system that will accomplish SOOOO MUCH MORE than just playing games. Jezzz.. it might actually make you some coin too. Wink

Quote:
Gaming left PC's a long time ago. Only shit console ports, poorly supported shit comes out on PC. Who the fuck wants to game these days on that shit? Only a fucking moron in denial would say otherwise. Only a fucking [censored] would go out and buy el'cheapo parts for their PC to game with.
Actually, that would be the publishing houses which went to where a cheap fast buck could be made on consoles which anyone and their poodle could use. Makes economical sense of course if you like brain-dead spoon-fed on-rails entertainment but thats what society wants so society gets. Wink

Quote:
Don't waste my time replying with your BS about cheap PC's because I really couldn't give a shit. Don't try and tell me (a PC gamer for +20 years) I don't know what I'm talking about. Like I said, get your thumb out of your arse and wake the fuck up.
hehe.. Tom for Prez! Love ya bro!

Quote:
Same x 50! Hope they can pull another wiener.. err.. winner out. Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Quote:
All you need today in terms of a PC is a laptop or netbook. A full fledged PC is a total fucking waste of money especially for a gaming platform. Only a fucking moron goes out and buys a kraft-dinner quality PC. Only a fucking [censored] would tell you that is the way around it.
Well we know where you have always stood, Tom although I'm not gonna rebut that considering what it takes these days to buy a low-to-mid level system that will accomplish SOOOO MUCH MORE than just playing games. Jezzz.. it might actually make you some coin too. Wink

TOM> Cheap is fine if you can run max quality on a 24" min LCD screen and it can last beyond 4 years still enjoying games at max quality. I'm going onto 3 years with the same config on mine minus a mouse and keyboard. It cost me a lot because I bought parts that were reviewed well, not prone to failure. I know others that went the cheap route, they eventually go back to the store for upgrades. No such thing as cheap. $400 will buy you a cheap as ass gaming PC that will either strain or fry somewhere.

Quote:
Gaming left PC's a long time ago. Only shit console ports, poorly supported shit comes out on PC. Who the fuck wants to game these days on that shit? Only a fucking moron in denial would say otherwise. Only a fucking [censored] would go out and buy el'cheapo parts for their PC to game with.
Actually, that would be the publishing houses which went to where a cheap fast buck could be made on consoles which anyone and their poodle could use. Makes economical sense of course if you like brain-dead spoon-fed on-rails entertainment but thats what society wants so society gets. Wink

TOM> Publishers don't dictate what market they are going for. The people who are doing the game decide that. Publishers are publishers they produce billions of what you want for what you want it for. Console is where it's at for anyone making a game these days. PC is not a viable market anymore. Too much piracy to high support costs.

Quote:
hehe.. Tom for Prez! Love ya bro!

TOM> Wooo

Quote:
Same x 50! Hope they can pull another wiener.. err.. winner out. Very Happy

Still no news here about Two Worlds II expansion. Is HX dead?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Quote:
Still no news here about Two Worlds II expansion. Is HX dead?

flu Sad

Ah that sucks man! Get better soon! News guys aren't allowed to be sick!
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yiha ! Another respin of all the Mario crap, again & again & again & again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: