Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

New Nintendo Console Debuting At E3 This June [30791]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TOM> Cheap is fine if you can run max quality on a 24" min LCD screen and it can last beyond 4 years still enjoying games at max quality. I'm going onto 3 years with the same config on mine minus a mouse and keyboard. It cost me a lot because I bought parts that were reviewed well, not prone to failure. I know others that went the cheap route, they eventually go back to the store for upgrades. No such thing as cheap. $400 will buy you a cheap as ass gaming PC that will either strain or fry somewhere.
$1200 w/taxes is enough for a decent PC that will do far more than games. Granted, my suggestion is $1900 but no a decent PC I build is $1200 but of course its NOT remotely limited to games. Then sure the investment is insane.

Quote:
TOM> Publishers don't dictate what market they are going for. The people who are doing the game decide that. Publishers are publishers they produce billions of what you want for what you want it for. Console is where it's at for anyone making a game these days. PC is not a viable market anymore. Too much piracy to high support costs.
Right but they are the ones who make the call based on what sells. They obviously need a return on investment to sustain their operations. My contention is that gaming has become, well, for the stupid and easy. Gone are the days of blockbuster titles which actually required you to work for the fun and, in the end, you were rewarded . Now its mindless, spoon-fed, on-rails quickly satisfying drivel whose real soul purpose is NOT to give more for less but less for more. Sure its good to have some mindless entertainment once in a while -- it just seems 90% of everything is dumbed for console users (a demographic these days that promotes instant gratification, image/looks, quick ins/outs, etc). I'm not really hopeful the way games are going if they continue this trend but I still have an ounce of hope we'll see a new evolution in gaming to allow us to exercise our minds more then testosterone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: