Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Duke Nukem Forever Interview with Randy Pitchford [30800]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Duke Nukem Forever Interview with Randy Pitchford [30800] Reply with quote

Between clips of Duke urinating and shooting flying pigs, Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford says he feels both \'gratified and humbled\' to be a part of the experience of bringing Duke Nukem Forever to gamers. The Duke Nukem Forever release date in North America is June 14th 2011 and the rest of the world will get the game

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is he smiling? He is 10 years late and he seems to think there is something funny about it. Good luck finding a new job asshole...
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game clearly shows its age. But I bet it will be fun as hell. That's just because it's Duke!

Yes I wish them the best, but they are too late man. I'm gonna buy it anyway for gaming history's sake!
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"why is he smiling? He is 10 years late and he seems to think there is something funny about it."

Because he is enthusiastic about Duke the game they got to work on after most thought it would never ever get released.. not only because he also used to play duke3d online back in the day, he runs Gearbox software now and they were the one who stepped to help 3drealms (original developers) who couldn't get more funding for production and got sued by Take-two for not delivering, so Gearbox or this guy isn't to be blamed for the whole 10years delay thing.

If you watch the 'Jace Hall' show www.crackle.com/c/Jace_Hall more of explanation of what happened with the Duke franchise is explained in another interview with this guy.. and if you watch some of earlier episodes Jace actually goes to the 3drealms studio before it shutdown, where main heads of the studio joke about the delay being because they got sucked into playing wow Laughing
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Exactly. Actually he saved the Duke Nuke Forever...

yeah, I hope success wise they do well enough on sales so they can do a followup of their own, just to see if they can pull off a sequel or a duke title of their own within say, hmm 3years Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game clearly shows its age. STFU.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Quote:

Because he is enthusiastic about Duke the game they got to work on after most thought it would never ever get released.. not only because he also used to play duke3d online back in the day, he runs Gearbox software now and they were the one who stepped to help 3drealms (original developers) who couldn't get more funding for production and got sued by Take-two for not delivering, so Gearbox or this guy isn't to be blamed for the whole 10years delay thing.

Exactly. Actually he saved the Duke Nuke Forever...

game was "ruined" partly because of him (his inability to lead a team) in the first place.

I am a fan of the Duke as well (I upgraded my computer back in the 90's just so I could play very first Duke3d), but the whole mess with this last one is just NOT funny anymore.
I also expect the game to be complete mess and to show why it was canceled in the first place. If it ever comes out....
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Quote:

game was "ruined" partly because of him (his inability to lead a team) in the first place.

I see. I didn't know he led the team. I thought George Broussard was a project leader back in 1998.

Yeah think gx-x has got things mixed up.. as the guy in the video had nothing to do with DNF development up until/after the Take-two battle, and the handover from George Broussard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: