Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sony Running Unpatched Servers With No Firewall [30908]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Sony Running Unpatched Servers With No Firewall [30908] Reply with quote

According to Spafford, security experts monitoring open Internet forums learned months ago that Sony was using outdated versions of the Apache Web server software, which \uot;was unpatched and had no firewall installed.\uot; The issue was \uot;reported in an open forum monitored by Sony employees\uot; two to th

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They even found a readme.txt file on there Shocked
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, they did not even attempt protecting their system in the first place, lol
Consequently, there was no need to break in...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give them nothing - take them EVERYTHING!!! policy Smile
Just imagine how much (real) money they saved on bandwidth costs these past 10 days or so. And they are giving users worthless digital stuff in return Smile

Way to go $ony, keep harvesting that wool of the sheep!
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Just imagine how much (real) money they saved on bandwidth costs these past 10 days or so. And they are giving users worthless digital stuff in return Smile

Oh can you tell me what digital crap they are giving? Since you are so in the "know" of everything. Or are you just talking from that large arse vent of yours?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Oh can you tell me what digital crap they are giving? Since you are so in the "know" of everything. Or are you just talking from that large arse vent of yours?

butthurt much Tom? Smile You have info about what they are giving in previous news, few days back. Go look back....I am not your secretary Tom.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot. Don't call their digital stuff crap when you have no fucking clue what it is arsehole.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
[censored]. Don't call their digital stuff crap when you have no fucking clue what it is arsehole.

I have a pretty good idea what "premium" account is. Is it holy grail to you? I wish you the best, I won't pray for you because I don't believe in all that jazz, but I wish you good luck. Go spend some money, don't mind me. Go and be good sheeple.

FYI: anything that has no hard copy is shit to everyone except to people like you. Only an american can pay for something that has no existence in real world. Or maybe even a Canadian. that only shows that you have too much to spare. Call me whatever you want. I send 10$ to africa every month and I work for 250$ per month. Think about it you asshole.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Or maybe even a Canadian.

I moved to Canada about 4 months ago.
I found a few intelligent people here already, so I can tell that there are some who would not - but then again, the guys I am talking about do not play video games...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

I have a pretty good idea what "premium" account is. Is it holy grail to you? I wish you the best, I won't pray for you because I don't believe in all that jazz, but I wish you good luck. Go spend some money, don't mind me. Go and be good sheeple.

I do have a premium account. So far I haven't gotten one digital download that sucks. All fun games. Almost every 2 weeks there is a few new ones. Plus I get into all the beta's. For $50 for 1.5 years it's pretty affordable if you don't go out and buy everything that hits the shelves.

gx-x wrote:

FYI: anything that has no hard copy is shit to everyone except to people like you. Only an american can pay for something that has no existence in real world. Or maybe even a Canadian. that only shows that you have too much to spare. Call me whatever you want. I send 10$ to africa every month and I work for 250$ per month. Think about it you asshole.

First of all, you can backup anything on ps3, so technically I do have a hard copy. Second of all I buy lots of things on console and on Steam. Steam stuff you can backup too! Is there a difference? only millions of people do the same. Get with the program man. I am not rich at all buddy. I work my ass off every day and bring home enough to provide for all the bills and to feed my family of 5. I try and spend my money wisely. That's why I have a console and not a pc with always the latest and greatest hardware.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue why you two are going back and forth.

Sony giving digital credit so to speak is like a restaurant that gives the meal on the house. It's not too much of a big deal to the company which would upset me more as a customer.

I'm surprised more people aren't more focused on the fact that they appeared to have literally no security whatsoever. I had an email or I should say like twenty emails this year about a certain company that handled email for disney chase target etc and how they were compromised. The simple fact that one company handled so many large companies is scary. I suppose I'm alone here when I get an email or two a day from target walmart disney chase and more about such and such company being a one stop shop for all my personal information.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
No clue why you two are going back and forth.

Sony giving digital credit so to speak is like a restaurant that gives the meal on the house. It's not too much of a big deal to the company which would upset me more as a customer.

Nothing just an idiot anti-console dick who's got nothing else better to do than diss someone or something when he really has no information what so ever. If he wants to put out stupid comments when he has ZERO facts he deserves what he gets.

Baconnaise wrote:

I'm surprised more people aren't more focused on the fact that they appeared to have literally no security whatsoever. I had an email or I should say like twenty emails this year about a certain company that handled email for disney chase target etc and how they were compromised. The simple fact that one company handled so many large companies is scary. I suppose I'm alone here when I get an email or two a day from target walmart disney chase and more about such and such company being a one stop shop for all my personal information.

What do you want me to do? Throw away all of my investment I have in my console? I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars invested in this thing. You think I should just throw it in the garbage can and go buy a xbox? Switch back entirely to lousy cheat infested PC gaming? No, I'd quit gaming all together if I was forced back to only playing on PC. PC is the shitbox of the industry.

Your information is stolen all the time Baconnaise, throw your email address into google or how about facebook. Half or more of the spammers use google to tap onto your information and put you on spam lists. My hotmail and google email accounts are inundated with so much spam I get like 200+ emails a day of all kinds of BS offers.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
What do you want me to do? Throw away all of my investment I have in my console? I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars invested in this thing. You think I should just throw it in the garbage can and go buy a xbox? Switch back entirely to lousy cheat infested PC gaming? No, I'd quit gaming all together if I was forced back to only playing on PC. PC is the shitbox of the industry.

I just read that a woman in Ontario filed a class-action lawsuit, claiming 1billion from Sony.
Maybe you could join and be set for life Wink
The fact is, Sony told you in their privacy statement that they will protect any information you give them. Well, it seems that they did not even bother setting up a firewall. Epic fail.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

I doubt anyone was talking about getting rid of anything. Why are you playing the wounded dove here? The PC bias is a nice touch after claiming the other guy has a console bias I had to chuckle irl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: