Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

L.A. Noire - Video Preview [30959]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: L.A. Noire - Video Preview [30959] Reply with quote

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Mafia in low-res. Dunno what the big fuzz was about.
It's a good thing I care little about graphics - as long as it's not ugly.
Let's hope the gameplay will not disappoint.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"you're a good guy"

lol roll Rolling Eyes sure ok
Majnun

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people are morons.

Hold that comment till after this game comes out.

I mean , yes, It might be an absolute piece of crap. And if it is HEY, YOU MORONS ARE NOT MORONS.

But, wait for it. You're all morons.

Someone makes a game that does something original and you douche bags rag on it BEFORE YOU EVEN PLAY IT. FUCK I hope all of you die in a pool of your own puke. Unless of course this game sucks then yeah yeah I'm the moron. Yada yada yada.

No, seriously I'm gonna go ahead and bet that this is a good game. AND YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL MORONS.

FUCK , go play call of duty you dipshits.

Oh, I'm gonna go ahead and say The Witcher 2 will be good too and YOU FUCKING MORONS WILL HATE IT BECAUASE IT'S DIFFERENT.

Die.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majnun wrote:
You people are morons.

Hold that comment till after this game comes out.

I mean , yes, It might be an absolute piece of crap. And if it is HEY, YOU MORONS ARE NOT MORONS.

But, wait for it. You're all morons.

Someone makes a game that does something original and you douche bags rag on it BEFORE YOU EVEN PLAY IT. FUCK I hope all of you die in a pool of your own puke. Unless of course this game sucks then yeah yeah I'm the moron. Yada yada yada.

No, seriously I'm gonna go ahead and bet that this is a good game. AND YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL MORONS.

I for the record find that quite offensive. Could someone ban this guy, please?
Which part of my message justifies this exactly? Or, Koogles'?

Did you play Mafia 2 (or, even the first one)?
Did you even watch the video?

Is yes, based on what you saw, you should have ended up with more or less the same conclusion.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Majnun

You should have seen what I was going to say about this games trailer and my overall outlook on well things etc.. it would have probably have been seen as 3 paragraphs worth of damnation.. which I thought maybe I'll hold back on seeing as I've said stuff previously, so I'll let the game come out and actually see just how it really is.. but just to flesh that about me laughing at the quote about "playing as a good guy".. when just earlier in their own trailer they're blowing someones brains out. Gotta laugh

It's just a game right.. bit like Witcher 2, where the simulated people have more interesting conversations(or not) in a daily routine and you can eaves drop on their chats, and even walk into their houses without so much as a "WTF are you doing stranger" if as part of the game you really haven't built up any sort of reputation with said simulated AI whose house you've just casual strolled into. Yet walking around with your sword out has the fucking policy drones called to your attention because that is breaking a village/town law Rolling Eyes .. Its these game rules that game developers can never really balance, but as games try to be more realistic in just about everything including AI, the more it becomes funny as to the complete hypocrisy and stupidity of everything you as a character can and can't do with & without consequence when compared to a real world and applying some of the same cultural and social rules of a society, even a fucked up one, lorded over by fascist psychopath scum who make up the laws as they see to benefit for them mostly including the rest of the braindead minions working for it.

With L.A. Noire it is difficult to say a lot about it, but I can almost tell if you damage public property and kill/injure someone whether they've broken the law or not.. the consequence of your actions as an officer meant to be upholding the law, they will probably be very little. Maybe a disciplinary hearing and a slap of the wrist for not getting away with it better and being the fall guy attention is shifted to, actually I guess that is more realistic. Where as a game like GTA well doing that kind of shit is just part of the game as is avoiding getting caught..

Anyway whatever lets just say I prefer games that don't try to push the limits and gloat about how they are more realistic (or get hyped up) when it was easier to ignore the shortfalls of past games that didn't really try to apply so many logic rules in the first place. It could just be taken as mindless escapism with a storyline and perhaps some openness to the game world.
Majnun

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, yes, too much vodka. Funny that you even got the liquor right!

And your probably right Koogle. I think this game might be easy to "break" as far as destroying the immersion goes...stepping outside of the box you're supposed to be playing in and all that. Guess I'll find out in a few days.

I won't be defending this game if it sucks balls, I'm just glad they're doing something that's different. To say this is like Mafia 2 is just stupid. Graphically and the setting, sure, but that's pretty much it. Gameplay not so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: