Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Huttball Trailer [31497]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Huttball Trailer [31497] Reply with quote

Ever heard of Huttball? No? In BioWare\'s upcoming MMO that introduces a PvP game like no other. Harry has quidditch while Lukes has his Huttball.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Venom1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another crap MMO...
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a CTF map. The only difference is you can pass the flag or ball to your team or accidentally to the enemy. Played plenty of CTF maps where you could pick up the flag and carry it yourself instead of it returning to spawn.

The game literally has no real improvements or features to offer the MMO market. It's a lesser developed WoW clone with Mass Effect 2 features that make you wonder if you're playing on a console not a PC.
NyaR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS? TFC with no hitboxes? This is so fucking lame it would be painful to paly.
WilderWein
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Funny Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
It's a CTF map. The only difference is you can pass the flag or ball to your team or accidentally to the enemy. Played plenty of CTF maps where you could pick up the flag and carry it yourself instead of it returning to spawn.

The game literally has no real improvements or features to offer the MMO market. It's a lesser developed WoW clone with Mass Effect 2 features that make you wonder if you're playing on a console not a PC.

... did you saw any "real improvements" or new features at WOW campared to DAOC or Everquest or alike? They have the fans, lightsabers and the right intro, so it will be a success, improvements or not.

Besides, soccer is a kind of CTF too... how lame. ^^
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*/angryposting about a game on the internet*/
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Funny Reply with quote

WilderWein wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:

... did you saw any "real improvements" or new features at WOW campared to DAOC or Everquest or alike? They have the fans, lightsabers and the right intro, so it will be a success, improvements or not.

Besides, soccer is a kind of CTF too... how lame. ^^

It's funny that you mention this but yes WoW improved upon many aspects of MMO's that Everquest and DAoC for example tried to copy towards the end. I was actually in closed beta for WoW and DAoC not to mention other popular MMO's. The difference between WoW in closed beta and EQ DAoC was night and day. WoW was literally almost perfect aesthetically than these games not to mention stable and polished. It had addons in beta even. Questing was much more enjoyable in WoW than in the two former MMO's. FYI I stopped playing WoW during the BC Xpac and haven't picked it back up since.

Markers above quest givers and being shown information on the minimap was a fairly new thing when WoW was in closed beta. It was so much of a why didn't we think of this move that DAoC put this in right away before WoW launched even if it was cobbled together.

SWTOR is a mediocre game. It's not bad plus it's Star Wars! The problem I have with it and Bioware is prior to beta it was about story which is fairly deficient in this game except for your one class storyline 1-50. A couple of them were unique and refreshing like the IA where it was aesthetically sound and others were cliched and seemed stitched together. The jedi storylines for both jedi classes literally made me fall asleep at least on one occasion. I skipped these eventually. Compare it to IA or Trooper and even Sith and I didn't miss one of them.

Anyways I hope my posts help bring someone's expectations down a notch at least to save them some disappointment. If possible go into the game with no expectations like a cheap popcorn flick and you might be ok with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: