Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 8 file management (video) [31519]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you all seem to have forgotten about all those re-installs of win98, XP...Windows 7 spoiled you Razz

That's because Win7 is the approved spyware now that the majority have accepted it as being the safety net for security, and most computers are bundled with crap free (for a reason) antivirus spyware where they are all gives themselves free pass to use your connection to phone home about pc activities, not to mention intrusive shit as bundled by manufactures like dell etc to keep your pc safe lol.. Personally common sense and decent firewall like netlimiter does the job better than using and allowing win7 core os shit designed services services to do it. And the case of Win7 having to be reinstalled less is no more true than it was for Winxp for me (the only difference is that reinstalling Win7 is just more of a major fucking pain in the ass than WinXP ever was when taking into account all the things like slipstreaming patches), though I can see how the majority of users have less problems in fucking their pc up with malicious software etc.. they are just more conditioned to stay within their safely herded pens of mainstream browsing when using the internet or running files and dare go outside of that and their little dummIEs browser and shit antivirus spyware they have running will be letting them know, at what cost to privacy and data collection well that doesn't matter, yet.. at least until governmental gestapo legal state fascist dumb scum drone roaches come knocking at there door.

Quote:
my processes are still down in range of 50

....yeh just under 50 Smile ...well that's not at all a fuckload of processes compared to Winxp Smile

Quote:
I had to reinstall Windows 7 already three times in 8 months because it is not letting you do things (like replace/remove/patch certain files/registry manually) due that idiotic built-in mechanism...

Exactly on win7 x64 I had a problem with .exe files getting locked so applications that update were unable to delete their own .exe files, and you yourself are unable to delete folders with .exe files sitting in them immediately even though every other file gets deleted, even tools like Unlocker64 and the other lockhunter 64version don't work as these .exe files aren't in use by any other process or running (both common mistakes and the ones assumed by others when this problem has been reported by users), just shitting win7 64 being shit, as a minute+ delay is added, its like .exe files would disappear as if being deleted but a refresh of the folder would show them still. Turned out it had nothing to do with user file/folder security permissions or UAC shit being enabled and infact the culprit turned out to be service that have to be enabled and 'running' Application Experience (the description for this service: "Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched") , not mention of if you don't want the lock delay in deleting .exe files don't turn off shit.. what a fucking great pointless change in added service bloat trying to make itself useful by crippling other things so that you have to have this stuff running.

http://www.retrocopy.com/blog/28/cant-delete-exe-files-in-vista--windows-7-solved.aspx (best explanation of it, surprisingly on my search for a fix to this issue I came accross countless forum topics with so many people not knowing what the solution was, even lol Microsofts tech support forums.. unfucking believable.)

Anyway I do use win7 now as default OS still many things I miss from XP and I do still go back to it from time to time, its just the balance is overal in favor of using Win7 now, and so long as Win8 works on improvements to explorer shell like the above features and not other useless cloud infesting shit, and further pointless changes in user dumbification that they were showing off earlier this year then I'm sure many enthusiasts will upgrade as many extensions and application that work on win7 now, will most likely not have problems with win8. I still think those ms explorer team slackers should add a column to show folder size, bet if they do they make a condition that you have to use that there crap search 'indexing service'(prefer 'search everything' much better) that many disable.. .. instead of making a service that just does what extension foldersize (foldersize.sourceforge.net) used to do.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, W7x64 here as well.
I am developing apps as a hobby, so it's very annoying that every now and then I get an error that the EXE cannot be written (because it cannot be deleted when I compile again).
Just ridiculous, especially when you advertise this s**t as "more productive" than XP. I found quite the opposite...
Did you ever try to save a document/file to C:\? Did you actually find the file afterwards? Just sad. All in the name of the non-existent security...
I wonder how long will it take to fix all the annoyances... Probably forever... Perhaps Windows Forever 512bit, or, Cubes Forever 512bit if it ever gets 3D.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd I have this problem with media player. I should get off my ass uninstall media player since I use vlc or another player most of the time. THe other annoyance due to laziness is that the media player gadget still shows as a process even though I use classic them and supposedly have gadgets disabled.

This is the problem it's a never ending struggle to reclaim resources and if you don't stay on top of it they bend you over even if a little bit. Sad thing is I use the same things in windows over ten years ago yet it's gotten more bloated. It's pretty sad that my major reason for upgrading is usually the OS so I can play newer games not to mention retain driver support.

I still have 7800gtx 512mb cards and 8800gtx cards that run new games just fine. I'm still using directx 9 for every single game. What has dx10 and dx11 done? Why would I care about shadows? That's the biggest hog and usually what the newest dx versions improve if even used.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used media player only once. Then, I installed VLC and dropped the MS rubbish.
Baconnaise wrote:
What has dx10 and dx11 done? Why would I care about shadows? That's the biggest hog and usually what the newest dx versions improve if even used.

Rendering billions of invisible triangles and useless shadows became more important in games recently than the fun and replay factors. This is a big problem with the gaming industry today. They invest millions in graphics which pushes up the price of the game. The customers buy the game and they are sorely disappointed because they did not get a good game; they got a flashy one. I do hope that the small game houses continue to provide value and the big ones will recognize the issue. Torchlight vs Diablo is a very good example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: