Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Playstation 3D Display ships November 13 [31795]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Playstation 3D Display ships November 13 [31795] Reply with quote

The official Playstation blog has announced that the $499 24 inch display will begin shipping to stores and to pre-orders on November 13. All of the units will include a set of 3D glasses, an HDMI cable and a free copy of the recent Playstation 3 exclusive arcade racing game MotorStorm: Apocalypse. People who pre-order

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother with a paltry 24" when all Sony high end sets are 3D anyway? You're going to be sitting watching this from 3ft -cause it's 24" and at that distance 3D is pointless!
Sony are crazy to market this -and at that price too. I can pick-up a 50" 3D LG with 7 pairs of glasses for the same price as that in UK pounds.
Anyway, i've had 3D for nearly a year with my Panasonic and i can't get enough of it. Plain vanilla 2D is a big anti.... regardless of resolution in games or films. We see in 3D naturaly, so when games and films are done in 3D it heightens your senses. Couple that with good gameplay and it's something else that truly means, escapisim.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free sickness bags included please ?
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Why bother with a paltry 24" when all Sony high end sets are 3D anyway? You're going to be sitting watching this from 3ft -cause it's 24" and at that distance 3D is pointless!
Sony are crazy to market this -and at that price too. I can pick-up a 50" 3D LG with 7 pairs of glasses for the same price as that in UK pounds.
Anyway, i've had 3D for nearly a year with my Panasonic and i can't get enough of it. Plain vanilla 2D is a big anti.... regardless of resolution in games or films. We see in 3D naturaly, so when games and films are done in 3D it heightens your senses. Couple that with good gameplay and it's something else that truly means, escapisim.
I dunno bro, did you see the video ? I mean, i dont know any TV out there to support this dual view mode ? Rolling Eyes
yessum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tech is very interesting.
I might pick it up for the hardware alone, though if we wait some time it'll be dual view w/o the glasses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: