Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review [31909]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to disagree with you Koogle. Witcher 2 was by far better all around than Skyrim.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
Let's see now...

✓Consolized menus and controls
✓Mouse acceleration / smoothing with no option to remove it
✓Low consolized FOV with no option to change it (redeemable through console command)
✓Unoptimized and with unstable framerate
✓Crappy animation and combat system

So what's with the 'consolized' comment?
If Bethesda release said game on ALL formats, then they hardly think highly of the PC of it ships on PS3 and works out the box.
There is NO place for 'consolized' in todays gaming, it ships on ALL formats and therefore is made for each. If Bethesda make a hash of the PC version, it's because the format isn't worth as much to them as putting in time and effort on a console version.
The Xbox is suffering because of it's inability to cache properly and because of it's lack of Blu ray. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3 was a HUGE 50gb.
Blu ray streams faster and therefore is the reason why the Xbox is toiling.
The PC should be superb in textures etc, but due to the mish,mash of old parts V's new parts on peoples machines and just scrapping in in the recommendations specs dept. There's no way that ALL machines will work optimised. You should know that.
Every time a game was released, the forums would fill up with 'it's stutter, sound break-up, 10fps etc, etc' Out of the forum you would find about 12 people that it played 'fine' on. Define 'fine' though?
I admit that the menu should have an 'original' Elder Scrolls default.
They tried to make the game more streamlined -it's obvious, rather than jumping in and out of a inventory screen. It's not a bad thing, i spend more time in the main menu in neutral areas sorting what i want in my favs. Personaly i like it on PS3 rather than PC, but that's got F@ck all to do with it being a console, since you can play all manner of $hit on PC with a Xbox or PS3 gamepad. Only time they touch the keyboard was to press quit, which hardly defines a PC gamer as a console gamer, but in reality they are since all game play is done through a pad....... pot calling the kettle...
Animations are nothing new. Look at Fallout 3 for eg. There's kill/bullet cam's everywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: