Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 8 touch gesture to close apps [32030]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Windows 8 touch gesture to close apps [32030] Reply with quote

As you can see in the above video, dragging the app via touch down to the bottom screen shuts down the application in the Metro UI version. The video itself is of very low quality; it was clearly taken with an outside camera filming a screen.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This touch screen shit is so stupid, you can already do this shit if you have a touch screen. The actions are slightly different and that's about it. I can't see touching my screen. It doesn't save you time, might be good for presentations, who cares. I could see tride touching himself all day and then trolling here, but I can't see myself touching my screen Laughing. I prefer mouse and keyboard myself. PDA stuff fine but my sit down pc, this Windows 8 does shit all. I'll stick with my Win7 64bit with touch screen if and whenever I care to use it. I don't expect games will come out and support windows 8 half or more are still directx9. Rolling Eyes And then again, where is that OS that is supposed to make pc gaming a big reason again? All they did was release AOE Online. Pfft. Microsoft was good with Gates but now their releases are just crap. They seem like they have lost direction. Confused
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the past decade of MS OS was based mainly on adding any feature they can to give them an excuse to push out a new product and keep the money rolling. There really isn't anything that's been added or changed that is worthy of mention. The two biggest things for me at work and home were NT 4.0 had third party USB win2k gave me usb support for work (not that it was a huge deal but it was for workstations and peripherals) and dropping fat32/16 and working with ntfs at work and even home.

Desktop is fine as it is. If I want custom toolbars widgets and desktops I'll go with a third party solution. I'm more of a mind of them making it run better all around. My Novell box back in the day trounced win2k and nt4 performance wise. My home machine shouldn't eat up a gig or more ram on a clean install. Give users more information in task manager and other utilities like showing the full process tree and what applications services are tied to it. It would make life easier without third party apps or general knowledge. There are a ton of little things that could use improvement.

I expect less bloat unless I actually need it. The most time spent with Windows is setting up a clean no frills install image with most of it disabled. This is for work and home.

Microsoft is a business and I don't fault them for trying to make money. I just wish they would actually improve the core as they go along. It just feels like they could've done better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: