Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

DICE posts lists of possible future BF3 changes [32067]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: DICE posts lists of possible future BF3 changes [32067] Reply with quote

DICE\'s lead gameplay designer Alan Kertz posted on Battlelog where he revealed a list of possible future changes to Battlefield 3.

Why are we making this change?
-Aggressive Recon was a popular (and controversial) play style in
BFBC2, the fact that the playstyle is essentially not present in BF3
has been a disap

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the only one who thinks that there way to many BF3 news around here (and on the web) that are not really interesting or news at all?
Bert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect the fact DICE hasn't abandoned the game, listens to the community, and seeks to balance the playability. Most changes or the direction they're going with them are positive and its the best shooter of its genre out there right now IMO.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
gx-x wrote:
I am the only one who thinks that there way to many BF3 news around here (and on the web) that are not really interesting or news at all?

Oh well...maybe that's why:

NPD Software Top 10
1. Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, PC)
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)
3. Battlefield 3(360, PS3,PC)
4. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360)
6. Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2)
7. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3)
8. Saints Row: The Third (360, PS3, PC)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
10. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)

I am sorry, no disrespect here, but you have 10x more news on Bf3 than on MW3. Get my point now? (not to mention skyrim and the latest patch that ruins magic resistances for all actors including plaer which is by far bigger news then a guy jumping out of the plain with rpg, imo)

edit: maybe you just like BF3, nothing wrong with that, but I feel like I am reading BF3 log here in the last past few days. Can't you do any actual journalism? Do you need help? This sucks atm, sry, but it does.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great now ill buy the game, well once they make all these changes,
and about skyrim, i had no idea that it ruined the magic resistance.. dam that enplanes a little bit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
This site has never been a source of true journalism in the first place. It is a blog with opinionated and biased content featuring pieces about gaming/technology from an informed point of view. No, I'm not a journalist in real life, sorry.

Sorry about the SKYRIM, I only mentioned the patch 1.3. Don't have further info about it Sad I mean the magic resistance problem you mentioned :\

no need to apologize for anything, you are doing a good job for years, ggmania has been and still is my main gaming news source (amongst other things) for years. I like your opinions. It's just that lately it's mostly bf3 this, bf3 that etc...

edit: I missed the skyrim 1.3 patch news somehow. 1.2 was the one that messed magic resistances for everything in skyrim, you could even poison vampires.
seems they fixed it in 1.3:
- Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly

cheers folks
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually gx-x, if you had read my comment on the 1.2 patch news that heretic posted a while back, there was an SKSE fix (PC version only) for the magic resistance bug LONG before 1.3 even came out.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devilhood wrote:
Actually gx-x, if you had read my comment on the 1.2 patch news that heretic posted a while back, there was an SKSE fix (PC version only) for the magic resistance bug LONG before 1.3 even came out.

I did read it, I replied to it, I said thank you very much! in my reply to you Smile

but not many people know about that fix, and many more choose to not install 1.2 patch rather than install it and use SKSE fix.
RayzorBlue
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit about magic when you can jump out of a plane with an RPG.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
devilhood wrote:

I did read it, I replied to it, I said thank you very much! in my reply to you Smile

but not many people know about that fix, and many more choose to not install 1.2 patch rather than install it and use SKSE fix.

True, it's a shame SKSE didn't get more exposure at the time. The news wasn't that widespread. I'm playing the game with 1.3 and the updated SKSE version and everything seems to be good so far. No more backwards flying dragon Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: