Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

CD Projekt Allegedly Suing The Witcher 2 Pirates [32089]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how you guys defend this sort of thing if it's a European dev, but when it's Valve or someone else, it's suddenly evil.

Hypocrite much?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:
Piracy is a problem, but this is not the answer!

How MUCH easier would it be for devs to just release a bloody DEMO so people do not have to resort to torrents to check if the game is worth the money.

Totaly agree. just like the good ol' days, where you got shareware -Duke Nuken 3D,Doom, anyone? There's far too much bull spouted by dev's; "We can't make a demo....blah,blah" It's like utter patronising nonsence. You can demo anything and put invisible sector walls in/barriers to stop the player falling out.

The obvious reason why they DON'T release demos in the majority of cases is because the game is crappola. If you buy into PC gaming then you can't return it to the shop and you're left with a 1980's laser-disc coaster!
Just because a game is $hit isn't a valid reason for a refund lol.
One of the major reasons that i have a console is just that. I can RENT any title, if i enjoy it, i have a gamesave on the HDD and i just buy a new copy and continue where i left off.
PC dev's rely on the website HYPE, to attract a mass buying frenzy, if they release a demo it considerably ruins the mystique and puts the gamer in a position of choice; "I can put this off now and buy....blah, until it gets cheaper"
desiredfx
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I don't use torrents, Never have and never will
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Funny how you guys defend this sort of thing if it's a European dev, but when it's Valve or someone else, it's suddenly evil.

Hypocrite much?

No, I don't think so. This is the first decent game without DRM.
I want my games without DRM, so I support their cause.
I could not care less about titles released with DRM that cripple a game.

Mind you, in some cases, I got recommendation from official support (!) to use executable from torrent/warez sites (to overcome certain compatibility issues/BSODs/hangs). And guess what - it did work as indicated by the developers; solved all my problems. So, you do the math on that.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koogle why don't you tell me where you live, leave the door open. When you come home to a few of your things missing, just remember that I'm only borrowing them for an extended period of time, only because I can't afford them. You know those nasty evil retail stores want money for their products and i figured why pay for them when koogle is such a nice guy and letting me borrow them.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stolen a poster for sensation black. It costs 10.000e to design, and 100.000e to print 2 milion of them. I guess I owe them at least 10.000 euros. But for ones and zeroes that I downloaded for no cost and no damage to companies (I wouldn't go print out my own sensation black poster, and I did steal something physical at least) because they did not pay for my bandwidth or my computer or Razor1911 crack, I don't see how I owe them anything. I just used internet connection and electricity that I legaly pay for anyway.

Ergo, I am more guilty for stealing a poster then for downloading bunch of ones and zeroes that I used to get bored with.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I have stolen a poster for sensation black. It costs 10.000e to design, and 100.000e to print 2 milion of them. I guess I owe them at least 10.000 euros. But for ones and zeroes that I downloaded for no cost and no damage to companies (I wouldn't go print out my own sensation black poster, and I did steal something physical at least) because they did not pay for my bandwidth or my computer or Razor1911 crack, I don't see how I owe them anything. I just used internet connection and electricity that I legaly pay for anyway.

Ergo, I am more guilty for stealing a poster then for downloading bunch of ones and zeroes that I used to get bored with.

So if I make a game and i want to sell it to other people, i spend money printing it on cds, i spend money to advertise it, etc. You're telling me that if someone puts it on the net, its not stealing cuz i don't lose anything? really?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is software 101. Software are not physical products and these arguments do not apply; it an entirely different case. Somewhat similar in that sense to intellectual property or specimen of endangered species.

Last edited by Csimbi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:
gx-x wrote:

So if I make a game and i want to sell it to other people, i spend money printing it on cds, i spend money to advertise it, etc. You're telling me that if someone puts it on the net, its not stealing cuz i don't lose anything? really?

yes. I dont take CD from you or anything of you. Also, I don't give money to a guy that made game crack. Why are you surprised? Piracy exists since the software itself. I used ti order cassette types dor commodore 64 with ~20 games on them for 5$.

Also, stealing digital "copies" is useless without cracks. BUT stealing ideas is illegal for common folk but it's completely legal for apple and Steve Jobs? That guy stole 90% of his business from other people, yet, he is celebrated. Give me a moral break here please.
Most of your banks are stealing your money through interest but no one makes a fuss about it so it is ok?!

get real.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Genoism wrote:
gx-x wrote:

yes. I dont take CD from you or anything of you. Also, I don't give money to a guy that made game crack. Why are you surprised? Piracy exists since the software itself. I used ti order cassette types dor commodore 64 with ~20 games on them for 5$.

Also, stealing digital "copies" is useless without cracks. BUT stealing ideas is illegal for common folk but it's completely legal for apple and Steve Jobs? That guy stole 90% of his business from other people, yet, he is celebrated. Give me a moral break here please.
Most of your banks are stealing your money through interest but no one makes a fuss about it so it is ok?!

get real.

so by your logic, since "everyone" is stealing its ok to steal too...did i get that right? Can you tell me where you live and when i rob you blind post on these forums and tell me that you're ok with it cuz everyone does it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: