Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Far Cry 1.3 under the microscope [17196]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Far Cry 1.3 under the microscope [17196] Reply with quote

After the release of
the 1.3 patch for Far Cry yesterday,

EliteBastards have taken some time to get acquainted with the new features on offer, examining what they have to offer from both a performance and image quality standpoint. Here's an excerpt:

Crytek really do deserve praise for not only pushing thei

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article is pure crap. Makes you wonder how much Ubi payed these guys to shout praise about a seriously flawed game.

problems with 1.3:

Repeating enemy fire sounds when an enemy is killed
klunky A.I. that causes enemies to get caught in the scenery
serious multiplayer lag issues (even on 10mbit lan with only 2 ppl); they have however, disguised it so the lag appears smooth
Loading times are now even LONGER

As far as the comment of this patch doing no harm, the recall of the 1.2 patch was an embarrassment not only to Ubi, but Crytek as well. The fact that it took them this long to release it, and without a ficed 1.2 is a joke aimed at everyone praising this companies ability to rise above the status of bargain bin software.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch works fine for me Razz
No slowdowns, I'm not experiencing any significant lag, I haven't encountered any show-stopping bugs yet.
been playing it for some time on my P4 3.2 HT, Gigabyte 8KNXP, 6800 GT using the SM3.0 path, things are fine and dandy.
Guess I must be pretty lucky Laughing
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lag is not really as noticable as lag in other games because they smooth it out. However, get into a knife fight and you'll definately notice it. I can understand lag on an internet game, but on a 2 player network game with 10 ping? Seriously.
FX5900

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy, how old are you seriously? of course the load times will be longer, it's LOADING MORE DATA. As 512MByte Video cards come out, textures will get larger, light maps and other goods get bigger and load times increase. It's the nature of the beast. Load times aren't a nusiance anyhow. Or here's a thought... maybe it's your computer that's causing the lag. Rolling Eyes buy a faster hard disk or upgrade your K7. Like devilhood, i haven't experienced any massive bugs or slowdown because i upgrade my computer. Rolling Eyes
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you upgrade your computer so often, then why are you still using an FX5900? I realize you probably spent your entire allowance on your computer, but seriously, that thing is not top of the line anymore. Rolling Eyes
Maybe if you thought a little longer, you'd realize that network lag is completely different from a game slowdown.
FX5900

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username is FX5900 because i cant update it to what the video card i now own: a BFG 6800 Ultra OC. I just didn't feel it was necessary to broadcast it to the entire gameguru world that i am back at the top because unlike some people on this forum i dont have tiny penis envy. Rolling Eyes

Network lag has everything to do with your system specs. If you have a slow computer or an inadequate amount of RAM, that can definitely effect network performance. Or if you own a cheapass network or modem, same problem. So maybe you should try listening yourself... you ATI owners are all alike. Wink

So what these incredible system specs that you're running?
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Network lag has everything to do with your system specs. If you have a slow computer or an inadequate amount of RAM, that can definitely effect network performance. Or if you own a cheapass network or modem, same problem.

This right here proves that you're only talking out of your ass with no real knowledge on the subject. Yes, network performance does rely on the system specs, but the point at which performance is affected is well beyond the point at which a game can properly render and/or play media in time. The notion that you're implying a system could be powerful enough to render a game smoothly, yet not have enough "power" left over for the network is not only retarded, but has nothing to do with the video card. Similarly, the point at which a computer does not have enough ram or a fast enough CPU to handle the network is low enough to the point that I doubt Farcry would even load on such a system, let alone WinXP.
Although it's funny how you label everyone that disagrees with you "ATI owner", especially since I'm using a 6800 as well.
maga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, anyway, anyone played with the HDR on ? does it have that massive 50% performance hit ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: