Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Wolfenstein 3D Goes Free-To-Play [32882]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Wolfenstein 3D Goes Free-To-Play [32882] Reply with quote

id Software and Bethesda Softworks have teamed up to release a free-to-play browser based version of id\'s flagship first person shooter, Wolfenstein 3D, to celebrate it\'s 20th Anniversary. The game is available on Bethesda\'s website and even includes commentary from id co-founder John Carmack:

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great! now they might get one person that plays it.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I had it on PS3 and it was actually fun playing it. It being FTP now really doesn't matter anymore. Played it when it first came out and on my PS3.. no further interest unless it came out for my android phone. Hehe.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Actually I had it on PS3 and it was actually fun playing it. It being FTP now really doesn't matter anymore. Played it when it first came out and on my PS3.. no further interest unless it came out for my android phone. Hehe.

I played it on 486dx2 80Mhz intel PC, no interest in playing it since then...I think it was back in 1994 or something...
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez man, of course I played this way back then. It was great back then, maybe not as much so again these days but they bring back old memories. Mostly memories of innovative and original games, not like the diarrhea that is PC gaming.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not trying to make a pissing contest here, I was just trying no to be so obvious about my opinion. I guess I have to: game is old, it WAS great BACK THEN, but for current standards it sucks big time on so many levels, it only spoiled my good memories. (well it didn't really). I just don't see myself and majority of people playing this today. To be honest, I didn't know they actually charged money for that game.. Simply, graphics alone is good reason not to play it. It's just WAY TO FREAKING OLD. Why waste gaming time on it?
zarlin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
I am not trying to make a pissing contest here, I was just trying no to be so obvious about my opinion. I guess I have to: game is old, it WAS great BACK THEN, but for current standards it sucks big time on so many levels, it only spoiled my good memories. (well it didn't really). I just don't see myself and majority of people playing this today. To be honest, I didn't know they actually charged money for that game.. Simply, graphics alone is good reason not to play it. It's just WAY TO FREAKING OLD. Why waste gaming time on it?

Why waste gaming time on it?.........hmm why not
atleast it gives some fun memories , games today are gone tomorrow !
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Why waste gaming time on it?.........hmm why not
atleast it gives some fun memories , games today are gone tomorrow !

to each his own I guess. When I come back from work and have some time for games I prefer something new over something 20 years old. I play drakensang online and black prophecy atm. Both are free and 20 years ahead of wolfeinstein 3d in every aspect
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOOM and DOOM2 + the H-U-G-E amount of mods for both was sooo the BOMB! Wolf 3D was a stepping stone but played it still I sweeted so badly over-night. DOOM/DOOM2 was just WOW.. the nights spent playing with a team member + on fast mode (all enemies had vanilla health BUT moved/fired faster) was so intense. So many great memories..
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
DOOM and DOOM2 + the H-U-G-E amount of mods for both was sooo the BOMB! Wolf 3D was a stepping stone but played it still I sweeted so badly over-night. DOOM/DOOM2 was just WOW.. the nights spent playing with a team member + on fast mode (all enemies had vanilla health BUT moved/fired faster) was so intense. So many great memories..

100% agree. And they should stay that way, memories. Great ones.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except when all games go on the net via the HTML5 revolution Wink You know its gonna happen where all the old games from all platforms will eventually be available for all and on-demand-ish.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thudo wrote:
Except when all games go on the net via the HTML5 revolution Wink You know its gonna happen where all the old games from all platforms will eventually be available for all and on-demand-ish.

personally - I don't care. They are left in memory as great titles of THEIR TIME. Putting them up there now is not going to repeat that experience for me now. At their prime, those games offered good graphics and excellent gameplay. Today, for me, they offer nothing. There is no way I can relive them as there are now. I'd rather just keep my good memories and notstart them up again nowadays and get disappointed. It's sort of like an ex-girlfriend.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I said was I played it 20 years ago, it was fun back then and about 5 months ago finished it on the PS3 when it was free and it had a bunch of new levels I never remembered playing back then. No pissing match at all.
zarlin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny tho with all those remake comming up hmm there must be a connetion somewere maybe because it was games made with passion , not like today were the only thing that counts is the graphic , so that peps can justify there newly bought 6-7-8-900$ videocard Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: